Comings, Goings and New Arrivals VII: Quitters and Hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back from several yrs hiatus. Got wife and baby in the meantime.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 4

Welcome back fellow person in Iowa!

Congratulations on the family!

Sorry to hear about the Iowa part* :mischief:

*this comment based solely on the impressions of a New Englander who spent 6 weeks on Omaha in November :run:

This fall is actually nice. Weather was steady in 70s. That's about to change however.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

I'll try to stay away for awhile, to focus on uni readings and studying Ancient Greek and stuff.

Why am I still here...

Because of Stupid Sexy Flanders OT?

Feels like I'm posting nothing at all!

Nothing at all!

Nothing at all!

It's 'cos I spammed his wall.

Been gone for awhile because of my mothers illness. She died on the 5th, and we had the service on the 11th, and trying to get life back to normal. Also I turned 50 on 30 September. What a year. Seems like some changes are still ongoing. Not sure if I will return to OT or not right now. But if anyone is wondering, there it is.

Off-Topic is dead! Long live Off-Topic!

Of course, it didn't really die but split into two.....scary. It is multiplying! Hello again all.
Why hello! I was thinking about your quote in your sig. I think about it surprisingly often, after all these years. It's been the most memorable sig quote I've read on the Internet, ever.

:hatsoff:

Yes, indeed. It's really quite clever.

"There are only 11 people in the world: those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who neither understand nor care to understand."

Yes, indeed. It's really quite clever.

"There are only 11 people in the world: those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who neither understand nor care to understand."

I beg to differ: There are more than 11 people in the world. Rather around 7 billion and rising. Howsoever the pun with 11 types of people would've worked nicely.

I believe that there's 12 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, those who don't, those who neither understand nor care to understand, 8 types of which I do haven't got the slightest idea where they stand and finally those who understand binary but just don't care.

:smug:

If you are Bender: I'm sorry if I caused you a nightmare!

I beg to differ. It's my belief that there are substantially fewer than 7 billion people. The figure of 11 is an overestimate too.

There are in fact only two of us in the world and I'm one of them. All the others are really just the one person wearing different disguises.

So, how are you?

Fine, perhaps our worlds will collide someday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom