Communitu_79a mapscript VP version

What's midsized for you? There are already islands that can support 2-4 cities (usually bundled with 1-2 CS).

Those are great, and I'm fine with some smaller ones. Its mainly just the really dinky ones that are problematic.

Coming back to my question (hope I am not being a pest): using the advanced setup options, is there a way to make a water-world that is predominated by islands of varying sizes?

And if not, might I request an option in advanced setup for increased island formation using your map generator; not unlike the existing block and stringy options?

Coming back to my question (hope I am not being a pest): using the advanced setup options, is there a way to make a water-world that is predominated by islands of varying sizes?

And if not, might I request an option in advanced setup for increased island formation using your map generator; not unlike the existing block and stringy options?
You can try to tinker with the scatter values in the lua. IIRC it's possible when you set one value to very high (try 10) and the other very low (try 0.001), but I don't remember which. Civ starts will be messed up though.

The new version produces much better maps than the one included in the current VP version. It feels less erratic and features such as channels look more natural. Well done!

If they mean the current "official" version, they're very different.

Azum4roll fixed the code for channels in the last iteration, kudos for him.
Psst, update the OP to point to 2.3.0 please.

Is there any tweaking I can do in the map options or the lua file to reduce the tendency of long, straight-edged continents being generated at the poles of the map? Personally, I think the uniformly straight coast generated at the poles as a result looks strange and difficult to settle, but I'm interested in hearing from anyone that prefers it. I tried changing the map options and "mglobal.atlanticSize" and "mglobal.pacificSize" in the lua file to no significant improvement. I'm using the 2.3.0 release that is built into VP 7-1-3.

Psst, update the OP to point to 2.3.0 please.
Done. Sorry, I was on holidays.

Is there any tweaking I can do in the map options or the lua file to reduce the tendency of long, straight-edged continents being generated at the poles of the map? Personally, I think the uniformly straight coast generated at the poles as a result looks strange and difficult to settle, but I'm interested in hearing from anyone that prefers it. I tried changing the map options and "mglobal.atlanticSize" and "mglobal.pacificSize" in the lua file to no significant improvement. I'm using the 2.3.0 release that is built into VP 7-1-3.
Yep. You can dive into lua. Relevant values are landMinScatter and landMaxScatter, which govern the variability of the general shapes, and coastScatter which gives a smooth or spiky aspect to the coastline.

Inland seas are all made to link to oceans via water channels, which makes all continent/pole intersections straight. Few exceptions to inland seas that happen to be filled with ice.

Are you aware if AssignStartingPlots.lua file was updated/changed in last couple of VP versions (4-5 last iterations)? I update MW and need to do some changes to this file if it was updated.

I remember that there was talk several months ago about changing jungle placements back to vanilla behaviour (i.e. make all jungles plains so that they yield 2f1p). Did anything ever come out of that?

I allways see a ton of res placed on flat desert which really sucks because it's so much worse than a normal plains/grassland/hills.

Any way to change this?

Can you get wider strips of coastal tiles by adjusting sea level/rift width? Early naval warfare has enough problems and I don't want lack of space on top of that.

Top Bottom