Communitu_79a mapscript VP version

Upload your Lua.log here then, if you're sure you installed and activated all VP mods.

Upload your Lua.log here then, if you're sure you installed and activated all VP mods.
What steps have to be taken to "activate" VP? I don't remember seeing anything about that in the install instructions. I'm guessing that's the problem if there's a step I missed.

I love this map script, the world looks beautiful and often offers interesting play. However, and I know that this has been brought up before, every single start is waaaaaay to close to AI's - I feel like I've tried all settings, including using Really Advanced Setup, and I've still to figure out what setting creates more space between civs. Hence I revert to other map scripts.

Can anyone recommend certain settings that might create more space between civs, apart from the obvious ones (map size, civ count, sea level etc)?

The underlying code to assign starts is the same. You won't get a closer or farther start in average if you use Continents/Pangaea etc.

I guess the only advice I can give is don't try to put 43 civs into a Huge map?

The underlying code to assign starts is the same. You won't get a closer or farther start in average if you use Continents/Pangaea etc.

I guess the only advice I can give is don't try to put 43 civs into a Huge map?
Thank you for your reply. The only other map script I use is Planet Simulator, where starts are much further apart in every single game. Or do you mean that close starts is unavoidable in Communitu_79a? That is also my experience - I tend to play 9-12 civs on huge map, and on Communitu some civs have A LOT of room for expansion, while others have almost none. On Planet Simulator, everyone has space to expand, but the map is sometimes boring (only sometimes).

Planet Simulator overrides some AssignStartingPlots functions, and I'm surprised that it still works after all the AssignStartingPlots changes...

EDIT: I checked the code and it should have some slight problems with natural wonder placement. Nothing game breaking though. I don't see anything that would differ regarding start placement.

This is by far my favourite map script but what I take issue with it are the big and resource rich tundra regions it creates

Hello, I'm looking for help. I want to adjust the map setting about city states placement but don't know which one to edit in lua. I want to reduce the number of city states in the pole, trying to make them scatter more in the map. I always play in huge size, with civilizations ranging from 8 to 11 and city states 35 to 41 (max setting). Here's a picture to give illustration. In the mini map, too many city states are shown located on the poles..I also tried to adjust land percent to a higher value, apparently good to my liking.

Attachments

• citystates.png
    citystates.png
    4 MB · Views: 114
There's no more legal space for that many CS to spawn, so they're just being lined up at the north pole. You can try increasing the fertility cap in line 7063 in AssignStartingPlots.lua. A tiny bit (to 32 or 36) already helps.

Hello all, I really like this map script after playing numerous VP games. I've been recently trying out the Sapiens mod based on Gaia. I'm really missing out this map and was wondering if the latest version is useable without VP? If not, is there anyway or version to still use it? Games are really not the same without it. :) Thanks!

Top Bottom