Community Patch - How To Install

Where do we find the changelogs?

Hi!

So I installed the mods through the automatic installer (VoxPopuli) and put the files where my other mods are. I took the liberty of deleting the folder [MODS], since Vox Populi put [MODS] --> [MODS] --> [THE MODS].

When I log into Civ 5, and I go to choose the mods; they're not there. my other mods are, but these aren't. Could you help me? Thanks :)

PS: I'm really dumb when it comes to pc terms, so could you keep it easy and simple if possible? :D

http://imgur.com/ptQHFU4 (image link so u can see how my mods folder looks like)

Hi!

So I installed the mods through the automatic installer (VoxPopuli) and put the files where my other mods are. I took the liberty of deleting the folder [MODS], since Vox Populi put [MODS] --> [MODS] --> [THE MODS].

When I log into Civ 5, and I go to choose the mods; they're not there. my other mods are, but these aren't. Could you help me? Thanks :)

PS: I'm really dumb when it comes to pc terms, so could you keep it easy and simple if possible? :D

http://imgur.com/ptQHFU4 (image link so u can see how my mods folder looks like)

Mods belong in the MODS folder of your Documents/Games/Civ 5 folder, not in your steamapps folder. Not sure why you put/have a MODS folder there.

In any case if you are convinced that your setup works, with civ 5 open and the mods menu open, drag the 1-6 out of your mods folder and back into it.

G

I don't know where else to put this, but I'm gonna put this here. I think I have got a bit of a disonance between the EUI and the Mod.

Basically, you know how Progress gives me 30+ Science whenever my Captial City Grows? Well, the EUI pops up to inform me of that, but it says its less than 30. What's up with that?

I don't know where else to put this, but I'm gonna put this here. I think I have got a bit of a disonance between the EUI and the Mod.

Basically, you know how Progress gives me 30+ Science whenever my Captial City Grows? Well, the EUI pops up to inform me of that, but it says its less than 30. What's up with that?

Playing on quick? It scales.

G

Hello everybody, and first of all thanks for this awesome mod!

Today although i updated to the latest version and i found myself while playing on 6 difficulty around 2000 bc still in ancient era while the AI is entering renaissance era. What's up with that? :p Has the difficulty changed? or something went terrible wrong? I don't use any other mods

I have another issue with Territorial Disputes. I (as JFD's Burgundy) was on one continent, :c5angry: Denmark was on another. We were very far apart, so they obviously wanted to settle where I was. Problem was the only city I founded was my :c5capital: Capital. The other mods were :c5faith: Historical Religions Complete, [civ5] MC's Civ Splits (Polynesia, Greece, and India), :c5culture: Cultural Diversity, :c5influence: Unique Cultural Influence, :c5greatperson: the Enlightenment Era, :c5goldenage: Renaissance Era Revised, :c5happy: More Luxuries and :c5faith: Pantheons, :c5moves: Exploration Continued Expanded, and [civ5] Events and Decisions.

No one answered me.

Mods belong in the MODS folder of your Documents/Games/Civ 5 folder, not in your steamapps folder. Not sure why you put/have a MODS folder there.

In any case if you are convinced that your setup works, with civ 5 open and the mods menu open, drag the 1-6 out of your mods folder and back into it.

G

I had a question, but already figured it out. Idk how to delete a reply, so...

Hiya! Another question,

I used the automatic installer and chose 'Vox Populi (no EUI)'. In the Civ 5 Mod panel, I chose the mods 1 - 6b, and setup my game. However, when I click 'start', my screen goes black and Civ 5 crashes. Did I do something wrong? :(

http://imgur.com/a/AZ6wY

EDIT

I can't open the culture overview tab. When I click on the button, it makes a sound but nothing appears

Hiya! Another question,

I used the automatic installer and chose 'Vox Populi (no EUI)'. In the Civ 5 Mod panel, I chose the mods 1 - 6b, and setup my game. However, when I click 'start', my screen goes black and Civ 5 crashes. Did I do something wrong? :(

http://imgur.com/a/AZ6wY

EDIT

I can't open the culture overview tab. When I click on the button, it makes a sound but nothing appears

Hard to say. 2 questions first:

1) You are not hitting Back and going back to the Main menu, after you select the mods, are you? (you have to click "next" in the right bottom of the mods selection dialogue window)

2) It's a wild guess, but didn't you play with EUI before? If you did, I think the EUI leftover from the previous install might conflict with the non-EUI version of VP.

Looking at your previous post, how did you resolve your previous issue? It is very strange that the VP mod created an extra Mods folder in your Mods folder. Maybe somehow related to your current issue ... ?

Hey there!

Quick question on installing. I'm having problems running both the Community Patch and EUI? I installed the "core" installation (Community Patch only) using the automatic installer and have EUI in my DLC folder. Deleted the .lua and .xml files as per the instructions. Most of the EUI components seem to work except for the "Diplomacy Panel" (The vertical ribbon on the top right that shows other civs and citystate bubbles) as well as the top right bar thing that has short cuts to things like Military, Victory Progress, etc.

I'm really not sure how to make this work, it works perfectly when I play without mods. If it matters I'm also running InfoAddict. Thanks for the help in advance!

Hey there!

Quick question on installing. I'm having problems running both the Community Patch and EUI? I installed the "core" installation (Community Patch only) using the automatic installer and have EUI in my DLC folder. Deleted the .lua and .xml files as per the instructions. Most of the EUI components seem to work except for the "Diplomacy Panel" (The vertical ribbon on the top right that shows other civs and citystate bubbles) as well as the top right bar thing that has short cuts to things like Military, Victory Progress, etc.

I'm really not sure how to make this work, it works perfectly when I play without mods. If it matters I'm also running InfoAddict. Thanks for the help in advance!

Just delete the whole CP lua folder.

G

Hi!

I just installed via the install manager and booted the game up. When loading the mods only the numbered mods 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6a appear, along with the (for me, not-numbered) city-state diplomacy mod. The numbered 3 mod is in my MODS file, but does not appear in the mods list. In spite of this I can enable all the mods which deigned to appear just fine.

However, once I start an actual game, once I click to start my journey - I am immediately imprisoned by the "Corporations & Monopolies" window, which refuses to close, despite frantic clicking of the "close" button. From it, I can only access the options menu and the civilopedia, but not play the game itself. Solutions?

Hi!

I just installed via the install manager and booted the game up. When loading the mods only the numbered mods 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6a appear, along with the (for me, not-numbered) city-state diplomacy mod. The numbered 3 mod is in my MODS file, but does not appear in the mods list. In spite of this I can enable all the mods which deigned to appear just fine.

However, once I start an actual game, once I click to start my journey - I am immediately imprisoned by the "Corporations & Monopolies" window, which refuses to close, despite frantic clicking of the "close" button. From it, I can only access the options menu and the civilopedia, but not play the game itself. Solutions?

The latter sounds like a conflict with one of JFD's mods - you need to updat ethat mod of his. The former happens sometimes - remove the (3) mod and put it back in the folder while the mods menu is open in Civ.

G

Hi! I have a quick question about the installation of Vox Populi. I have no prior experience to this Community Patch.

I recently re-installed civ 5 (through steam) to a new SSD drive (X: ), which is the destination of the civ.exe (X: )>...>steamapps>common>civ5>assets>DLC). Though the Civ 5 MODS folder is on a different drive (C:>User>MyDocs>MyGames>Civ5>MODS). I used to have NQMod and hellblazers maps, I have uninstalled both of them completely. In my MODS folder, I have a bunch of various mods (See attachments for all mods). I also cleared the logs, cache, and ModUserData of the (MyGames>Civ5) folder and I am using the Automatic Installer.

My questions:

1. Which folder is the correct installation destination for Vox Populi?
  2. Do I need to completely reinstall Civ 5 to get the MODS folder and the DLC folder on the same drive?
  3. Do I need to remove any Mods from the MODS folder that would interfere with the Community Patch?

Apologies if these questions have been answered elsewhere, I read through the Estebanium's manual and I wasn't 100% sure about them.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Mod List Civ 5.png
    Mod List Civ 5.png
    81.6 KB · Views: 143
Hi! I have a quick question about the installation of Vox Populi. I have no prior experience to this Community Patch.

I recently re-installed civ 5 (through steam) to a new SSD drive (X: ), which is the destination of the civ.exe (X: )>...>steamapps>common>civ5>assets>DLC). Though the Civ 5 MODS folder is on a different drive (C:>User>MyDocs>MyGames>Civ5>MODS). I used to have NQMod and hellblazers maps, I have uninstalled both of them completely. In my MODS folder, I have a bunch of various mods (See attachments for all mods). I also cleared the logs, cache, and ModUserData of the (MyGames>Civ5) folder and I am using the Automatic Installer.

My questions:

1. Which folder is the correct installation destination for Vox Populi?
  2. Do I need to completely reinstall Civ 5 to get the MODS folder and the DLC folder on the same drive?
  3. Do I need to remove any Mods from the MODS folder that would interfere with the Community Patch?

Apologies if these questions have been answered elsewhere, I read through the Estebanium's manual and I wasn't 100% sure about them.

Thanks!

The auto installer auto grabs the proper location for both, though your custom install may mess things up. (1)-(6a) should end up in documents/my games/civ 5/mods. EUI should end up in DLC folder of main civ.exe install.

G

The latter sounds like a conflict with one of JFD's mods - you need to updat ethat mod of his. The former happens sometimes - remove the (3) mod and put it back in the folder while the mods menu is open in Civ.

G

Cheers Gazebo, that fixed it beautifully! I'm happily losing a game while learning this strange new world now. :goodjob:

Top Bottom