Constellation Suggestions

MaxAstro

Spiral Knight
Is there any reason the Jeweled Mask and Night Sun constellations shouldn't give a few turns of the Nox Noctis/Dies Diei effect? It seems thematic from the descriptions.

Also, the good and evil "50 gold great prophet" constellations: Could the gold cost on those please be increased? 50 gold for a great prophet is really nothing, leaving no reason to choose the research bonus.

I was also thinking that it would be nice if Neutral civs could choose the resource bonus for both events, so they feel a little less shafted by the event. You could even then make the bonus come with a small alignment shift; would be very thematic, IMO.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing those events be more "yes, I'm good! Free guy!" and a decision.

I tend to think that the events that cost or give gold should be scaled by when they occur. 50 is a lot really early, but absurdly low for most of the game. The gold that Mammon's constellation gives is also usually laughable.

I think that it would be cool if the constellation events associated with religions would allow those who have the religion in their cities but have not adopted it yet to adopt the religion without anarchy and maybe get a free disciple too.

I tend to think that the events that cost or give gold should be scaled by when they occur. 50 is a lot really early, but absurdly low for most of the game. The gold that Mammon's constellation gives is also usually laughable.

To some extent yes, but 50 gold for a prophet is never a lot. 250 might be ok.

I think that it would be cool if the constellation events associated with religions would allow those who have the religion in their cities but have not adopted it yet to adopt the religion without anarchy and maybe get a free disciple too.

That's a good idea.

Another thematic change, if it can be implemented, would be if the golden ages from having the right religion forbade changing religion for the duration.

I often think: Yes! A golden age from Fellowship of Leaves, time to change religion to Way of the Earthmother.

Do constellation events happen to all the civs at the same time? - ie; when the Great prophet event pops, do all civs get the chance to take the prophet (assuming they meet the criteria)?

The Scales should give the Grigori a Golden Age option. Right now they're blocked off from all the religious GA opportunities (unlike the Illians and Scions, who have their own) and currently the Scales only give a small diplomacy bonus, anyway. On the same note, maybe the Kahdi should get some events relating to the Coin or the Open Tome, as well?

Also, the religious Golden Age events should have a second option for spiritual leaders that don't have the religion yet, which grants a mid-sized tech bonus towards that religion. Something along the lines of "Interesting. Have our sages study this constellation to see what effects it may have. (Gain X:science: towards -Insert Religious Tech Here-.)"

Making them affect all civs at the same time would really be a good thing to do.

Even if it necessitated reducing the frequency of them, to compensate.

Making them affect all civs at the same time would really be a good thing to do.

Even if it necessitated reducing the frequency of them, to compensate.

One idea I had for them when they first came out was to set them as a "state" rather than an event. The constellation would be displayed somewhere on the HUD (possibly on globe view) and would influence some aspect of the game for the whole period in which it is "dominant".

It's a fairly significant project however and probably not a major benefit - so it hasn't been looked at (or even discussed really) in any great depth. If something comes from the discussion here though - it is something I'd like to see reworked...

One idea I had for them when they first came out was to set them as a "state" rather than an event. The constellation would be displayed somewhere on the HUD (possibly on globe view) and would influence some aspect of the game for the whole period in which it is "dominant".

It's a fairly significant project however and probably not a major benefit - so it hasn't been looked at (or even discussed really) in any great depth. If something comes from the discussion here though - it is something I'd like to see reworked...

yes yes yes!

If encouragement helps any, I'd really love this.

On an unrelated note, a very small suggestion

On the Jewelled Mask constellation event, theres a Scion specific option, to offer tribute to Esus and make him cause unrest in your enemies' cities

I don't see why this option is Scion specific, though. It looks fairly generic, and I'd like to see the option open to all civs.

On the Jewelled Mask constellation event, theres a Scion specific option, to offer tribute to Esus and make him cause unrest in your enemies' cities

I don't see why this option is Scion specific, though. It looks fairly generic, and I'd like to see the option open to all civs.

Agreed; the option could easily be universal. There are enough Scion-specific events already, and more things like this need to be added to the constellations that don't do much.

Actually I could accomplish all of that pathetically easy. The main interface file knows when globeview is active, so I can make a button corresponding to the mana which governs the constellation appear in some location (Probably beside the mini-map, where the city governor buttons are in city view). And making the effects is as simple as a few fields in CvPlayer or CvTeam (most of which already exist) that are modified on a global timer.

I don't see why this option is Scion specific, though.

IIRC there are 3 events with Scion-specific choices. In 2 cases its because of the Scion "backstory."

IIRC there are 3 events with Scion-specific choices. In 2 cases its because of the Scion "backstory."

Sickness, Arawn constellation, Dagda constellation, Esus constellation.

Well there's 4 off the bat, and I'm certain there's more.

Actually I could accomplish all of that pathetically easy. The main interface file knows when globeview is active, so I can make a button corresponding to the mana which governs the constellation appear in some location (Probably beside the mini-map, where the city governor buttons are in city view). And making the effects is as simple as a few fields in CvPlayer or CvTeam (most of which already exist) that are modified on a global timer.

yaaay.

please do accomplish it

Sickness, Arawn constellation, Dagda constellation, Esus constellation.

Well there's 4 off the bat, and I'm certain there's more.

Constellation events. And those four are the only ones I could think of total, too. :)

Constellation events. And those four are the only ones I could think of total, too. :)

Touché. :p But they have their own unique ones on top of that (example: Remnants of Patria event.)

I mean none of them are unbalanced, it's just that they seem to have a lot more "positive" choices for events compared to the other civs.

Top Bottom