• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Conversations: Who's here, Who's not.

@Angst I also wanted to check in with you! How's your life looking like these days? Malmö's just a bridge away from Copenhagen, so maybe saying hello over lunch or something might be possible? I don't actually know how far away you live from the capital.
hey! well, still sick, but looking to getting into an internship (of which i am professionally able to, problem is moreso the issue of being able to consistently show up in itself.)

i'm always up for lunch somewhere in the city :) i live 30-40 mins from the centre, so it's no worry getting somewhere. i usually just do public transit wherever. maybe PM if you're up for it?

hey! well, still sick, but looking to getting into an internship (of which i am professionally able to, problem is moreso the issue of being able to consistently show up in itself.)

i'm always up for lunch somewhere in the city :) i live 30-40 mins from the centre, so it's no worry getting somewhere. i usually just do public transit wherever. maybe PM if you're up for it?
I'll reach out when I know more. :)

I only know of Narvik because of WW2. I did learn today that the Battle crusier Tripitz was sunk off your town. Is it still resting on the bottom?
*Navy buff mode engaged* Battleship, thank you very much! :nono:
The assumptions some people have about countries! :lol:

Back in 1987 a friend and I went to Spokane for a Doctor Who fan event (meeting Sylvester McCoy, who was on a cross-U.S. tour of PBS stations to promote his taking over the role of the Doctor). It was Labor Day weekend, and my friend came from Calgary to pick me up, and off we went (not telling my grandmother that the guy who was supposed to go with us - another Whovian friend - couldn't make it; "having a man along for protection" had been the condition she'd put on letting me go :crazyeye:).

So when we got to the KSPS studio the next day, the station manager said to us, "You gals're from Calgary? There's four fellas here from Edmonton. Maybe y'all know each other!"

Calgary and Edmonton each have over a million people, and even back in 1987 Red Deer wasn't tiny. Even though it was possible that we might have met them before at one of the two annual science fiction conventions that went on in Alberta back then, they turned out to be four complete strangers.
I live 10 minutes from the state line with Maryland, but when I mention West Virginia, folks look at me like I just strolled out of the holler. :p

*Navy buff mode engaged* Battleship, thank you very much! :nono:

I live 10 minutes from the state line with Maryland, but when I mention West Virginia, folks look at me like I just strolled out of the holler. :p
Anywhere near Wheeling?

Top Bottom