Conversations: Who's here, Who's not.

Birdjaguar

Hanafubuki
Super Moderator
Supporter
As Silurian suggested. A place to talk about the comings and goings of community members that goes beyond arrivals and departures.

What's the consensus on how long you have to have been away for before you can post a 'back' announcement? A week, a month, a year?

What's the consensus on how long you have to have been away for before you can post a 'back' announcement? A week, a month, a year?

It doesn't have to be long. Just that you were away, and now you're not.

I'm back! :)

No, that would be our cabin, 25 years ago. After I dragged my father out of bed because it was scary to go to the outhouse at 3 am during the December night, we got a proper toilet there too. :D

I have a lolcat picture I used to post on some sites. It has a cat with a notebook and writing implement and the caption says, "Gone to do NaNoWriMo. BRB in 30 days."

But since I maintain a NaNoWriMo thread in A&E during those three-times-per-year contests, it's not exactly a "leaving the forum" situation, just changing where most of my posts happen.

Yes to all, its up to you.

It would also depend if you say your going.
If you post now and then, then don't post for a few weeks with out saying your going then why say your back unless you want to give a reason.
But as I said its up to you.

Wait, he's gone?

I miss FarmBoy.

It seems to me that one good use for this thread is quote a post from the "comings and goings" thread in this thread and then comment on it here.

See below.

I've got a third theory on Kyr's absence.

For review, here are the first two:
1) he got his post count above everybody else's and is just waiting for someone to catch up. The whole thing has been about post-count all along and once he reached first place, he regarded himself as victor and is waiting for the site to become a challenge again.
2) he is nearing his 50,000th post and wants to make that post special, so he's getting whatever thing would make it special ready for when he reaches 49,999, then blam, his special thing.

Now for number three:
3) he once upon a time set himself a limit of 50,000 posts, realized he was near reaching it, and wants to ration out his remaining posts gradually.

I just hope he's okay.

Maybe he just doesn't care about the 50k milestone, realized that another person might really care about being the first to achieve it and decided that he'll make that person happy.

We'll call that theory (4). I'll add (5):

5) he sensed that yours truly was on the verge of ascending to the status of The Poster and got out while the gettin' was good.

I assume we cannot use this thread to express a wish that certain members leave the site permanently? What about all those who have a certain political view? I wouldn't be naming names, exactly...

Last edited:
Well, I'm here. I think.

Top Bottom