1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Create you own hero!

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Jarrema, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

I can barely understand you dwarves.

2. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

aye, ye 3 letter human acronyms confuse me!

TBK
    TLD

nevermind me laddy

3. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

ooc: yeah clearly I'm dumb and should reread the thread before posting :p

also doesn't help I remember people by their avatars and them civ 5 portraits too close

4. Jarrema

Jarrema Master Voter

No one died tonight. Day 7 begins.
    It will last for 24 hours

OOC: sorry for delay and lack of anything, but I am sick (again)

Living players
    1. TheLastDays
    2. Kennigit
    3. Zack
    4. Verarde
    5. DCmort

Dead players
    Darth Feather, evil dwarven rogue lynched day 1 (town-aligned)
    Sprig, neutral dwarven rogue (leper) killed night 1 (jester)
    Topsecret, neutral human rogue lynched day 2 (town-aligned)
    Spaceman, good human wizard (alchemist), poisoned, died night 2 (town-aligned)
    Choxorn, evil orcish wizard lynched day 3 (mafia)
    Traius, evil orcish wizard killed night 3 (mafia)
    Lazy McCrow, good elven noble, lynched day 4 (town-aligned mason)
    The Black Knigh, good dwarven noble, poisoned, died night 4 (town-aligned mason)
    Autolycus, neutral orcish wizard, poisoned, died night 4 (mafia)
    Visorslash, evil human rogue/fighter, killed night 4 (assassins)
    Riedquat, evil orcish wizard lynched day 6 (mafia)

Extinct groups:
    - jester
    - masons
    - mafia

5. TheLastDays

TheLastDays Warlord

Well I was blackmailed tonight, thanks Zack. I hope you have better arguments than my alleged PIS. If not this is just bad play since I am pretty convinced that you are town. Since I'm not going to vote myself vote: abstain

I am most suspicious of dcmort and Verarde and if I had a vote today I would have to think hard. It would probably end up on Verarde though. Shows up once to vote then goes missing until people call for his WOG and then he comes back to make one (1!) unexplained vote and goes missing again. He's clearly reading the thread because he showed up right when he was called. I can't explain this as pro town play.

6. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

Oh please, don't act like your cases against dcmort or Verarde are any better.

7. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

I think it's past time everyone posted their night actions. I'll start.

Night 1:

Night 2:

Night 3:

Night 4:

Night 5:

8. dcmort93

dcmort93 The Stig

I have nothing at all to hide by this. I had a two use kill.

Night 1: Killed Sprig
    Night 2: No Action
    Night 3: Killed Traius
    Night 4: No Action
    Night 5: No Action

If I were an assassin you would have actions on every night people

9. dcmort93

dcmort93 The Stig

God damn double post

10. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

n1-n5

no action
    no night ability
    passive immunity to magic

speaking of which, 2 people probably targeted me last night.

11. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

eh I don't like verarde but vote: TLD

12. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

Oh yeah vote: thelastdays

13. Jarrema

Jarrema Master Voter

Day ended.

Tally:

The Last Days: Kennigit, Zack
    Abstain: The Last Days.

Townies, albeit few of them were unconcerned with the prolonged ritual, decided to lynch The Last Days.
    'Fine. I will go to meet my death. But remember, that half of you will die soon! Muahahaha!'

Spoiler :
    The Last Days was an evil elven rogue/fighter. He was member of the assassin team.
    Spoiler :
    Assassin team is destroyed.
    Spoiler :
    Town victory!

Survivors:
    dcmort
    Kennigit
    Verarde
    Zack

14. Jarrema

Jarrema Master Voter

quick topics:

masons
    http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/Ckx5vYtzcfy
    Pair of masons with ability to recruit any noble. Potential recruits: Kennigit, Zack. Were told that recruiting is risky; in fact, both potential recruits were 100% pro town. Funny thing with TBK thinking Lazy could be recruited by cult... I can assure that if there was such a possibility in my game, you will be warned about it.

poisoners (mafia 1)
    http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/SJSPhjLLyYiB
    Mafia team:
    During night, each of you can put one poison counter at chosen character. When character has 3 poison counters, he dies. If character has 1 or 2 poison counter, another one will be put on him/her during following night. You can therefore either concentrate your effort to make quick kills (character attacked by you both will probably die at following night) or spread your actions, and wait untill poisoned characters die.
    Poisoned characters will be aware of this. There is at least one character who can heal poisoned players.

In fact, there was only one person able to heal poisoned players: Spaceman. And he was poisoned early.
    Mafia team with potential for 2 kills per night (with some delay), and partial immunity to watcher/tracker

orcish wizards (mafia 2)
    http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/Tv6LJURsTEcw
    Mafia team with three members and potential fourth recruit ('traitor'). Could only kill if had less than 3 members. So, mafia team with high number of members, but limited killing. They did the recruitment thing (Autolycus was a traitor, and joined mafia).
    Also, a lot of town power roles were aimed against this group, more than against poisoners.

dead qt
    http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/GFmxtN8NiCmCe

15. Jarrema

Jarrema Master Voter

Roles and comments (later)

1. Sprig.
    Spoiler :
    Neutral dwarven rogue (leper). You want all inhabitants of Murrent to be infected with leprosy. You can win in two ways: (a) when you get lynched, as your body will pollute Murrent’s main food source (dire lizards); (b) when you have visited every living player, infecting them. Every night, you can visit one player. He will learn, that someone looking very sick visited him (but not who). There is one character (healer) who can, unfortunately, heal infected characters. So the second method may be harder than the first one. You are immune to night actions, with exception of magic and night attacks. If the healer targets you at night, you will lose your role and turn into vanilla townie.

I forgot about hatred that jester roles suffer here. I will try to not include them in my future games. You can see, that it was not typical jester. First, he has alternative method of winning. Second, he was VERY vulnerable to night attacks, because he was immune to all beneficial nigth actions (and to tracking and watching) with exception of being healed.
    Killed by town vigilante. The biggest threat for jesters, I think.

2. Poisoners
    Visorslash.
    Spoiler :
    Evil human rogue/fighter. You are part of a team of professional assassins. Your partner is TheLastDays. You are invisible to watchers.
    TheLastDays.
    Spoiler :

Evil human rogue/fighter. You are part of a team of professional assassins. Your partner is Visorslash. You cannot be tracked.

When I saw two players wanting to be evil human rogue/fighters, I knew that I have to team them together. I think that group worked pretty well.

3. Orcish wizards.

Choxorn.
    Spoiler :
    Evil orcish wizard. You are part of a team of magic-wielding orcs. You have ability to scan chosen character for an alignment.
    Weak role (alignment scan did not tell much)

Traius.
    Spoiler :
    Evil orcish wizard. You are part of a team of magic-wielding orcs. You are anti-magic roleblocker (you can target another character at night; if he was conducting magical action – everything a wizard does is magic – he will be roleblocked).
    Very weak role. In fact, he could roleblock only Autolycus (his fellow orc) or Spaceman (healer)

Riedquat.
    Spoiler :
    Evil orcish wizard. You are part of a team of magic-wielding orcs. You have ability to mutate your target. You are unsure what the result of this action will be, but it will be detrimential to the subject. You have 3 uses of this ability.
    the only stronger role in mafia team (because I liked description). Three mutations: 1. change into goblyn (2 nights without using ability); 2. change into a frog (1 night when being targeted by anyone will end in death), 3. change into a stone (1 day without talking)

Autolycus.
    Spoiler :
    Neutral orcish wizard. You are searching for your relatives – other orcish wizards. They are member of mafia team. You will win or lose together with them, not with the town. After they find you, they will be able to ‘recruit’ you to the mafia team. You have ability to scan chosen character for a race.
    He could use his scanning ability for finding mafia mates, but did not know that all orcs are mafia.
    When I saw four players sending me orcish wizard characters, I knew I have to do something special with them. And notice: ALL orcs in this game were wizards. I understand, that someone wanting to play orcish wizard is counter-steorytypizing, but... really?? all orcs as a wizards??

4. Masons
    Lazy McCrow.
    Spoiler :
    Good elven noble. You are part of a team. Your goal is to purify city by eliminating all orcs. You have an ability to perform racial scan at night. Be careful! All evil characters will scan as orcs for you.
    Semi-useful scan ability

The Black Knigh.
    Spoiler :
    Good dwarven noble. You are part of a team. Your goal is to purify city by eliminating all orcs. You are a double-voter. You have also ability to scan another character at night – you will learn if that character is noble, or not.
    Double voting mason can be powerful (but not when voting against his partner)

5. Townies. There were 7 townies thate were not part of any group. Four of them managed to survive whole game.
    Darth Feather.
    Spoiler :
    Evil dwarven rogue. You have role-stealing ability usable every other night (at one night you can steal ability, at following night you can use it). You are unable to steal spell-like abilities, and innate abilities (like bullet-proof). You are aligned to the “town”, you win when all threats to the city of Murrent are eliminated
    Never had a chance to use his ability.

Spaceman.
    Spoiler :
    Good human wizard. You have ability to heal one player from poison every even night. You cannot heal yourself. You are aligned to the “town”, you win when all threats to the city of Murrent are eliminated
    He didnt know it but he could also heal leprosy. He was both poisoned and diseased at night one.

Kennigit.
    Spoiler :
    Neutral dwarven noble. You are magic-resistant (ignore first magical attack), and can stop lynch once (you need to pm me before day ends that you want the lynch to be stopped). You are aligned to the “town”, you win when all threats to the city of Murrent are eliminated.
    Resistance saved him. He tried to use his power (and stop lynch on scum) but, by my mistake, I didnt notice it.

Topsecret.
    Spoiler :
    Neutral human rogue. You have ability to track another character (and learn whom he was visiting at night). Some characters may have ability to fool your power. You are aligned to the “town”, you win when all threats to the city of Murrent are eliminated

Verarde.
    Spoiler :
    Neutral elven rogue. You have ability to watch another character (and learn who visited him at night). Some characters may have ability to fool your power. You are aligned to the “town”, you win when all threats to the city of Murrent are eliminated

Zack.
    Spoiler :
    Evil elven noble. You are a blackmailer – you can blackmail one character every night; during next night, target character can vote only for person chosen by you during night, or abstain. In order to use your ability, you should send me message like: “I blackmail Jarema and order him to vote Zack”.You are aligned to the “town”, you win when all threats to the city of Murrent are eliminated.
    As many of you commented, this role did not seem powerful. But Zack used it very well and in a way that I intended it to be used (I wanted a role similar to 'silencer' - which takes away power to vote for one day - but a little bit more flexible). Anyway, what evil power (detrimental to other character) could I design for noble (powers associated mostly with voting).

DCmort.
    Spoiler :
    Neutral human fighter. You can attack or protect another character at night. You have two uses of each ability. You are aligned to the “town”, you win when all threats to the city of Murrent are eliminated.
    Both his kills were aimed very well.

16. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

Way too many factions for such a small game. Not even half of the players were town.

Otherwise, good game. My scumdar seemed to work really well - I never targeted a townie with my ability.

17. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

^ although tht might just be because there are so few townies

18. Jarrema

Jarrema Master Voter

If you count masons as townies (and I did), then there was 9 pro-town roles, 6 mafiats, and one jester. So (a little) more than half of the players in town.

19. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

A round of ale for all me laddies!

ehhhh, can't think of one last mining analogy.

Also, I don't know if I ever contradicted myself (since I didn't think of this until actually just now), but my character is supposed to have never actually been a fighter nor a miner. He's a noble diplomat :p

I know he talked about breathing in a mine when showing a human diplomat squad around, don't think he ever actually said he was a miner himself.

20. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

oh also CRITICALLY IMPORTANT
    Spoiler :
    a facial mane is a beard :p

I did want someone to correct me on it though. I was going to call it a bærd after misunderstanding whoever corrected him ^.^

whenever I get in another dnd campaign I'm going to use this character. probably be a cleric though.