Resource icon

CRpSuite : Playing aids and game analysis utils 2.11.0

Originally posted by SirPleb
This is an awesome utility Dianthus! Thank you!!

Thanks SirPleb. Congrats from my 2 favourite GOTM heros (Moonsinger is the other, obviously:) ) is much appreciated!

Awseome utility! :worshp:

I have a request -- this information may not be available but it's worth asking... ;) Is it possible to graph a 'tech score' which allows two players tech progress to be compared? In GOTM18, I'm fairly certain that my quick exit was due (at least partly) to being way behind in tech where others were ahead in tech. If I could pinpoint where I'm making that mistake it could have a huge impact.

I have a little utility which copies the autosaves to another folder. If it were possible to extract a 'tech score' from a sequence of save files that would do the trick too. Any suggestions you might have would be appreciated.

Originally posted by d8575
Awseome utility! :worshp:

Thanks d8575. I'm planning to continue improving it, but just don't seem to get the time. Even this months small map took me 38 hours!

I have a request -- this information may not be available but it's worth asking... ;) Is it possible to graph a 'tech score' which allows two players tech progress to be compared? In GOTM18, I'm fairly certain that my quick exit was due (at least partly) to being way behind in tech where others were ahead in tech. If I could pinpoint where I'm making that mistake it could have a huge impact.

I don't think it's possible to get historical tech information out. I've contacted SpiderZord about getting PTL (See Automatic Document Generator) to output a machine readable format that CivReplayViewer could read. We're both pretty busy though, so don't expect anything any time soon!

I have a little utility which copies the autosaves to another folder. If it were possible to extract a 'tech score' from a sequence of save files that would do the trick too. Any suggestions you might have would be appreciated.

I gather you have some programming experience. If you're interested I could give you some pointers on how to read the .SAV file format. Contact me via PM if you're interested.

I've just added the .crp file for GOTM 19 (Ottomans). I'm hoping to add files for the QSC and Full games back to GOTM 15 (Russia) soon, though I guess most people are more interested in the recent games.

I'm trying to complete my QSC for GOTM 20 before I continue any more development of this, though I've got my brother slaving away on some OpenGL map code. This should allow much better scaling of the map, and improved performance on accelerated hardware.

Dianthus,

I just want to say thanks for developing such wonderful tool.:) I just checked out the crp file for GOTM 19 and all I can say is this ":worship:". Your CIVReplayViewer has helped me to understand why my expansion wasn't as fast as SirPleb. Hint: building the granary right way was a bad move on my part. I will definitely try to correct that and make a few other adjustment in my next game.:)

Thanks again!:worship:
Moonsinger

Originally posted by Moonsinger

I just want to say thanks for developing such wonderful tool.:)
Hey Moonsinger, it was your idea! I'm not so good at the ideas, so if you've got any more that will help to improve it further then go ahead and post them here. I'm listening, I just haven't heard anything for a while :).

Originally posted by Moonsinger

I will definitely try to correct that and make a few other adjustment in my next game.:)
I would just like to apologise to all of the GOTM players for helping Moonsinger improve her game. The rest of us already had our work cut out for us ;).

Dianthus-

Replied to your PMs, in case you haven't seen them yet.

I wipped together a little icon. Lemme know if you (or anyone else) has any ideas for it. [Does it look a little familar? lol]

Attachments

• civreplayviewericon.jpg
    civreplayviewericon.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 1,512
Originally posted by RufRydyr
Dianthus-

Replied to your PMs, in case you haven't seen them yet.

I wipped together a little icon. Lemme know if you (or anyone else) has any ideas for it. [Does it look a little familar? lol]

Thanks Ruf. The icon looks great, and yes it does look familiar, but that's fine:) One thing, how about a 16x16 version (used for the top left of the window and in Windows Explorer when in List/Details mode)? I guess the words won't scale too well, so it would have to be slightly different for 16x16. Maybe just the initials?

I'm going to add your suggestions of city build date and X/Y coordinates to the todo list, and will probably add it to the next version (coming soon now I've completed GOTM 20). I'm thinking that maybe the info could be displayed in a status bar at the bottom for the city the mouse is currently over, as the map will become a bit cluttered otherwise (especially when zoomed right out).

Terrific. And it even runs on Macintosh using Virtual PC. :goodjob:

Originally posted by tao
Terrific. And it even runs on Macintosh using Virtual PC. :goodjob:
Well that's an unexpected bonus! Have you any idea if Virtual PC supports OpenGL? I'm intending to release the new version real soon now, and the new Map display uses OpenGL.

Originally posted by tao
It does not. :(
I'm sorry to hear that tao. I'll try and at least make sure the old non-OpenGL version is available and can read any new .crp file format, but I probably won't do anything else to it.

If there are any Mac developers out there who would be interested in working on a Mac version then contact me and I'll see about letting you have the code.

I've rushed out a new release as I ran out of time this month. The new OpenGL display code supplied by my brother (thanks Bruv :goodjob: ) is an exciting addition. If your graphics card has any 3d acceleration then it runs super-quick.

Thanks to RufRydyr for the icons.

Tao, I've made some minor changes to the old CIVReplayViewer to bring it to 1.2. Hopefully it will still work for you!

If anyone has trouble installing the .msi then just let me know and I'll improve (I.e. supply some:)) installation docs. This shouldn't be a problem unless you're using 95/98 as you may need to install the Windows Installer stuff.

Dianthus: thanks, works still great.

RufRydyr: thanks for the fast compilation.

:goodjob:

Ruf,

Thanks for you suggestions (via EMail) for Viewer. I've included them in the todo list. Hopefully I'll remember to look at the todo list when I work on this again at the end of the month:)

If anyone else has any suggestions for cool features just let me know! Just bear in mind that the only information available is from the .SAVs at the moment (I.e. the map, histograph and the event log as seen in Viewer).

Top Bottom