1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Crusader Kings 2

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by SouthernKing, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Not sure what happened here as I'm now ruling the Emirate of Munster?

Spoiler :

2. Double A

Double A wak

It's a sign. Convert to Islam.

3. Honkoid

Honkoid Honk of the hill

The title might be tied to culture, which is Mandee in your case.

4. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Ah okay I didn't realise the culture of the tutor mattered. Hopefully will be able to switch back to Irish.

5. Double A

Double A wak

Hopefully your cultural buildings didn't explode.

6. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

They did not. Also it seems that its not guaranteed to switch back so at the moment the plan is to stick with Mande. I did have an event where I could exile someone to Ghana which I guess is related.

7. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Have continued the game a bit further and I've now got the Kingdom title. What do you all do about managing successions? My first ruler had lots of children so they each got a count and it was reasonably straight forward to assassinate some of them whilst revoking titles from others but it did take a while to fully re unite the realm. I also held off creating a second ducal title until I could get the Kingdom title immediately afterwards as my understanding is that whoever inherited the second ducal title would have been independant. Not 100% sure whether that is correct.

Is it a bad idea to give landed titles to sons before you die? I gave my second son a duchy after initially just giving him Dublin and he keeps on picking random characters as heir instead of me. Additionally he has turned Meath into a republic which I'm inclined to leave but not sure if there is anything to bear in mind and did it happen just because his main holding was sufficiently advanced?

8. Double A

Double A wak

What I do is institute elective or be a better religion.

9. Evie

Evie Pronounced like Eevee

Expansion alert! Expansion alert!

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ii-conclave-to-be-released-early-2016.901254/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=6_n_qy53Isk

10. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老仁森林

I love paying for patches

11. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

Could we perhaps complain about the details of the DLC when the actual details are out, rather than just a few highlights?

12. Double A

Double A wak

okay so if they're doing this does that mean catholics'll get CBs that don't suck eggs

13. Quintillus

Quintillus Archiving Civ3 Content Supporter

No, that's perfectly normal when playing in Ireland.

:mischief:

14. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

I look forward to head more details; if they make vassals more dangerous then late game empires will be more intriguing to play as; I want a challenge to keep my empire united.

Also the video was enjoyable.

15. Double A

Double A wak

I don't want vassals more dangerous. They're already dangerous. I want them to be interesting.

16. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

So the pope called for a crusade and I decided to join to see what happens and ended up getting a portion of the holy land. Now I'm not sure what to do so would appreciate any advice. Not sure if I should try to keep the land or give it away?

Currently I have two king titles (Ireland and Jerusalem) and both are elective. I could create Wales and England but I'm not sure if that is a good idea or not. If I did create a third king title then I have enough prestige to create an empire but maybe its better to wait to gain 80% of Britannia?

Spoiler :

17. cardgame

cardgame Sensual Kitten

I gave Jerusalem to my second son, but I'm not sure if that was a good idea. Either way, it establishes another kingdom in our dynasty and I don't have the headache, and he doesn't deal with any jealousy for territories in Britannia.

18. Double A

Double A wak

In my very first game of CK2, back when vassals gave you levies by holding, I was Ireland and won the first crusade. I proceeded to colonize the hell out of North Africa and Iberia just so I would have closer troops to support Jerusalem. It was really damn fun.

I don't really see enough small countries for that to be easy, though, and it wasn't easy when I did it. You should probably just give it away to a son you hate and let it be reconquered by that disgusting Islamiblob. Yep, you should definitely do the safe, boring option.

19. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

I think you are right as it would take an age to ferry my army there when a jihad triggers and they would most likely have twice as many troops. Some google results mentioned giving the land to the pope instead which might be interesting.

Also if I give the land to one of my relatives then I'm assuming that I should give it to someone with no territory in my curent Kingdom?

20. Double A

Double A wak

but no seriously

If you get jihaded, just put your troops on a boat so you can wait for the proper Irish troops. You could also give your strongest vassals a county each and teleport their troops to the holy land in war. It doesn't look like you have most of the duchy of Jerusalem proper, though, which is a damn shame because that's what makes it all worthwhile.