Crusader Kings 2

November 18 release date according to live stream.

Stealing a list of announced features from the live stream off of Reddit

Sons of Abraham

Launching November 18 (and a "bigger" expansion coming later)

Papal Mechanics
  • College of Cardinals to elect Popes
  • Pope that you supported can give you money, free invasions/excommunications/divorces
  • You can request Crusades!
  • Opinion maluses for each request to Pope
  • Exclusive to Catholics and Fraticelli
Holy orders
  • Two new Catholic orders (Calatrava and Santiago)
  • Everybody gets holy order (Immortals confirmed for Zoroastrians)
  • Characters from court will join (like Varangians)
  • You can borrow from them (like historical Templars were bankers)
Pilgrimages
  • Like Hajj
More events
  • 300+ new ones
  • Some are patch, some are DLC
  • Patch: events that start Crusades/Jihads/etc
  • Flavor events for Abrahamic faiths
Patch:
  • "Phase 2" of expansions/DLC
  • Less SoI, more LoR
  • Will be slightly cheaper
  • Upping to version 2.00
  • Achievements, ironman, cloud saves
  • Bottlenecks: battles based on terrain will have additional (bigger advantage for good generals with smaller defensive forces)
  • Combat rebalance: being outflanked much more serious, especially if center falls
  • No playing as Pope
  • Popes will tend to be older due to College of Cardinals
  • New traits like Pilgrim
Changes to Islam
  • Requires SoI
  • Traits related to two opposing schools: Mutazili and Ashari
  • Only for Sunni
Heresies
  • Heresies have heads of religion
  • Fraticelli have their own Pope
  • Cathars have female Bishops
  • Ibadi have a Caliphate
  • "Centers of heresy" where they spread from
  • Heresy can become main religion
  • Holy orders will switch when that happens
  • Opposing religions and heretic members of your court can prosleytize
  • Religious rebellions if different than
JEWS!
  • Full religion
  • Start off in Khazar ruler's capital only
  • Ambition to restore Israel and rebuild First Temple
  • Head of religion (historical high priest)
  • Ashkenazi and Sephardi as random courtiers
  • Roughly as difficult as Zoroastrians in Karen Satrapy
  • New ambitions
Achievements
  • 50 total

List above misses the part that Crusades will happen dynamically, in response to events in the Holy Land, rather than at 1090.

what is that thing about achievements? (im an achievement whore). I havent played in a few months, just because i want old gods before i start a new game.

If its not €15 this new dlc i might pick it up straight away

what is that thing about achievements? (im an achievement whore). I havent played in a few months, just because i want old gods before i start a new game.

If its not €15 this new dlc i might pick it up straight away
They are adding Steam achievements to the game

ah is it sure they will be steam achievements? cause i think EU3 had ingame achievements. or another game, cant remember which

ah is it sure they will be steam achievements? cause i think EU3 had ingame achievements. or another game, cant remember which

Steam achievements, just like in EUIV.

iron man mode is a cloud saved game that you can't go back to previous saves in. once you make a choice your stuck with it. it seems to be a performance killer that adds nothing IMO.

iron man mode is a cloud saved game that you can't go back to previous saves in. once you make a choice your stuck with it. it seems to be a performance killer that adds nothing IMO.

Ah right, thanks. a bit like legendary in TW. Makes you wonder why they dont disable the cheat console (if that is still in). I can understand it for the achievements, but the first 100h i played i reguraly reloaded because i did something which i didnt understand and turned out to be very bad

I can understand it for the achievements, but the first 100h i played i reguraly reloaded because i did something which i didnt understand and turned out to be very bad

That's why you don't play your first 100h in ironman mode.

Devs have confirmed on reddit that they have at least 6 major expansions planned after SoA (i.e. not small DLC like customization pack and ruler designer) as long as enough people buy them, which goes along well enough with their original statement that there would be at least two years of CKII DLC:

Johan said:
God.. my current plan lists about 6 more major expansions after Sons of Abraham.. but if sales drop, it might be less.. it might also be far more..

We keep making them as long as they sell and we have good ideas.

Link: http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1p272v/we_are_the_independent_publisher_developer/ccxzbj5

Top Bottom