CTIV-3: Tokugawa by Sea

ChrTh said:
Does the "traded with worst enemy" penalty disappear with time?
It's my understanding that it fades with time. Very slowly. I really hate this penalty. It's so hard to work out who their worst enemy is in the first place. :crazyeye:

EDIT: Been doing some looking into favorite civics and it seems that all 4 of our allies have goverment civics as their favorites. JC - Representation, Alex & HC - Hereditary Rule and Monty - Police State. Thus our selection of Hereditary Rule is about the best we can choose at the moment.

With so many cities under us, shall we change to State Property? This would give us a huge cash boost I would think. I wonder if it would hurt our relations with any of our allies like when we went to represenation. If we want to do it, we need to research communism.

Kikinit said:
With so many cities under us, shall we change to State Property? This would give us a huge cash boost I would think. I wonder if it would hurt our relations with any of our allies like when we went to represenation. If we want to do it, we need to research communism.

Err ... I'm pretty sure we can't change now since we passed the UN Resolution for Free Markets ... :blush:

Hang on.. that's open markets. That's something else right? Environmentalism is the UN's economic civic. So we can still go state property if we want. I am going to have to test this out later.

GreyFox said:
I will play tomorrow morning, as I suspect I won't complete the turns for this huge game in less than an hour ... plus, of-course its my off day tomorrow again :D
:cool: . The first time I saw the size of this map I went :eek: . But it grows on you. I presume you have read up what we are up to. Any questions?

A. 1: Yep. Decided to throw that one into the too hard basket long ago. Bit of a shame really. Would have been quite achievable but with the size of the map and all the logistics etc. it would have been a nightmare to write reports on it. Would have taken an hour a turn.

A. 2: Yep. And build up our defenses a bit.

Turn 466 (1856 AD)
Brought World Map from HC for 40g - and indeed, most islands are settled.
However, I still think that we could settle more cities ....
Nagoya finishes: Factory
Yekaterinburg finishes: Factory
Vladivostok grows: 14
Tadmekka grows: 5

Turn 467 (1857 AD)
Nagoya begins: Drydock <- in preparation for warships construction
Yekaterinburg begins: Harbor
Nagoya grows: 15
Walata finishes: Harbor
Yokohama grows: 7
Cancel all deals with Hatty.

Turn 468 (1858 AD)
Tech learned: Military Tradition <- from Monty (traded him Democracy and get 110 gold from him)
Walata begins: Granary
Cancel deals with Cyrus.
Albert Einstein (Great Scientist) born in Edo <- what to do with him? GA? or Academy?
Yakutsk finishes: Worker
Novgorod finishes: Rock N Roll

Turn 469 (1859 AD)
Novgorod begins: Marine
Nagasaki finishes: Granary

UN Resuts:

Turn 470 (1860 AD)
Nagasaki begins: Barracks

Relationship:

JC wants Physics Assline for war with Liz, Physics war with Cyrus/Hatty
Monty doesn't want to declare war on anyone "We have our hands ties right now". He is most likely preparing for war on someone ... he is furious with Hatty.
Alex wants Phy+AssLine for war with Liz, Demo with Cyrus/Hatty
HC doesn't want war with anyone.

-

Okay Played my 5 turns ... wait a minute ... that's only 4 turns! :eek: Didn't notice that the year I started off has an odd number ... Geez ... I mightas well play 5 more to make it 9.

-

To be Continued ...

-

Turn 470 (1860 AD)
Nara grows: 13
Moscow finishes: Factory
Yaroslavl' finishes: Factory
Smolensk grows: 9
Kumbi Saleh's borders expand
Awlil grows: 9
Yokohama grows: 8

Turn 471 (1861 AD)
Moscow begins: The Statue of Liberty
Tech learned: Plastics
Tokyo finishes: Factory
Awdaghost grows: 6
Nagasaki grows: 5

Turn 472 (1862 AD)
Research begun: Biology <- for extra food to grow
Yaroslavl' begins: The Three Gorges Dam <- a whopping 63 turns to complete :sad: :eek:
Nagoya finishes: Drydock
Yekaterinburg finishes: Harbor

Turn 473 (1863 AD)
Nagoya begins: Destroyer
Yekaterinburg begins: Marine
Rostov finishes: Coal Plant
Yakutsk grows: 19
Novgorod finishes: Marine
Yokohama finishes: Forge

Turn 474 (1864 AD)
Rostov begins: Transport
Novgorod begins: Factory
Yokohama begins: Marine
Yekaterinburg grows: 11
Yokohama grows: 9

UN Votes Result:

Geez, Liz drops back to 10 behind JC ... I think we have to seriously considering giving her a city ... Also, I say we declare War on Cyrus, and gets Alex & JC in for the ride ...

Turn 475 (1865 AD)
Nothing much ...

View of Japan, from the moon:

The Save (1865AD).

-

GreyFox said:
Geez, Liz drops back to 10 behind JC ... I think we have to seriously considering giving her a city ... Also, I say we declare War on Cyrus, and gets Alex & JC in for the ride ...
My concern with this is that we lose votes and hand them to someone who will not vote for us. And how big a city will we give her. She needs over 10% more votes and that would be a damn big city (or 2).

I don't mind the idea of going to war with Cyrus though. Need to check that we are not going to get the "You declared war on our friend" penalties though. If think that if any AI is even positive with another AI and you declare on the 2nd AI you will get this penalty. Damn!! diplomacy can be difficult. :crazyeye:

I have checked, Cyrus is not friendly with any of the gang of four.

Precisely why we want to war with Cyrus: capture some cities from Cyrus and give it to Liz.

Alternatively, get Liz to join in the fun as well. That way, we may not need her to grow 10%, we just need her to like us enough to vote for us ...:D

Just thinking out loud ...

We just need 141 more votes. So we can either:
(a) push Liz to 2nd place, and get JC + Alex to vote for us
(b) get Liz + Alex to like us enough to vote for us.

Without looking at the relationship between Liz and Alex, and between Liz and Cyrus, I thought option (b) is easier ... get Liz and ALex to war with us on Cyrus.

Also watch Monty. He is preparing for war. Obviously, we'd want to declare on whoever he declared on (Hatty be my bet -- I had already canceled deal with Hatty). :)

-

-

GreyFox said:
Without looking at the relationship between Liz and Alex, and between Liz and Cyrus, I thought option (b) is easier ... get Liz and ALex to war with us on Cyrus.

Also watch Monty. He is preparing for war. Obviously, we'd want to declare on whoever he declared on (Hatty be my bet -- I had already canceled deal with Hatty). :)
Liz's worst enemy is Alex and Alex's worst enemy is Liz. Or at least it was that way. Monte's worste enemy was Liz. That was why we were keeping them in separate camps and only trading with one side to stop the "trading with worst enemies" penalty. And as it's 2 vs. 1, we chose the 2.

I wonder if Monte is going to war with Lizzy? Should we still join in? Or is he going to backdoor us!! :eek: Whatever way we go, I think we cannot avoid getting involved in some sort of war to get the "Mutual struggle" diplomatic bonus. So next up should build up our war machine and I think we have made the choice to keep cosying up to JC, Alex, HC and Monte.

Kikinit said:
Liz's worst enemy is Alex and Alex's worst enemy is Liz. Or at least it was that way. Monte's worste enemy was Liz. That was why we were keeping them in separate camps and only trading with one side to stop the "trading with worst enemies" penalty. And as it's 2 vs. 1, we chose the 2.

Hmmm... strange. I was pretty sure that when I checked Monte out asking hm what he thinks of each leader, he was merely annoyed with Liz but Furious with Hatty, which is why I bet he is going after Hatty. Now ... should I fire up the Exotic Foreign Advisor Mod to take a better look at the relationship ... :mischief: ... nah .. j/k.

HC is obvious ... man, he is only one giving us the vote for Diplo win.

Anyway, I did try to push in some units every now and then whenever a city finishes building its infracstrure buildings. I think we should also try to settle some of the not so great spots just to keep our population climbing ...

-

Liz's worst enemy is Alex and Alex's worst enemy is Liz

If you brought both of them into a mutual struggle, they might start liking each other just enough to get rid of the "you've traded with our worst" penalty... If you can get them both in to mutual fight, they have no choice but to like each other more - kind of weird...

Just a thought.

Ok.. we need to do something. Without any war we are going to be in this nearly there situation for ever. Cyrus has been making loads of arrogand demands on us too. If you did that to an AI, they would have you as their worst enemy by now.

I think the Cyrus war is a good idea and we can re-evaluate the diplo situation once we are rampaging through his islands.

Top Bottom