CTR1 -- Jump Without Looking (the Deity Virgin Sacrifice)

Ok, I'll play tonight! :D 21 tiles, huh? I think I can pull this off ...

How are we on pop?

How many workers do we have? Can we get some of the 52 required pop from joining workers?

You don't have enough workers. Rush Aqueducts and hospitals, irrigate everything around small cities (they grow faster) Make sure non of your workers are going to be occupied on your last but one turn, and join all workers on your last but one turn (or after the land limit is reached).

Good luck, and post the victory screen.

Aque/Hosp growth may be slow. It may be quicker to pop off a worker from any size 6/12/stuck city and join it to a city that won't grow for more than a couple turns. I'll have to analyze.

Originally posted by ChrTh
Aque/Hosp growth may be slow. It may be quicker to pop off a worker from any size 6/12/stuck city and join it to a city that won't grow for more than a couple turns. I'll have to analyze.

Very good idea. :thumbsup: Try to keep a lid on pollution in our mainland too.

BTW Space. Just in case you didn't get the message - great turns :)

I am not sure how to post a table, but here is a list of our cities with 5+ fpt(from MapStat). I think we should produce workers from our smaller cities with high fpt. They have smaller food boxes and regenerate the pop faster. We want to add these workers to large cities with lower fpt, but enough fpt to support the increased pop. Does that make sense?

• Mauch Chunk - pop 7 - 14 fpt
    Nara - pop 12 - 14 fpt
    Boston - pop 27 - 13 fpt
    Karachi - pop 10 - 12 fpt
    Washington - pop 10 - 11 fpt
    New York - pop 16 - 11 fpt
    Tokyo - pop 12 - 10 fpt
    Chittagong - pop 17 - 10 fpt
    Chicago - pop 12 - 9 fpt
    Calcutta - pop 19 - 9 fpt
    Cincinnati - pop 21 - 9 fpt
    New Edo - pop 5 - 8 fpt
    New Calcutta - pop 7 - 8 fpt
    Suo - pop 12 - 8 fpt
    York - pop 13 - 8 fpt
    Seattle - pop 21 - 8 fpt
    Baltimore - pop 21 - 8 fpt
    Echizen - pop 6 - 7 fpt
    Miami - pop 23 - 7 fpt
    New Yokohama - pop 2 - 6 fpt
    New Nara - pop 4 - 6 fpt
    New Izumo - pop 4 - 6 fpt
    Matsuyama - pop 6 - 6 fpt
    Nagoya - pop 7 - 6 fpt
    Niagara Falls - pop 8 - 6 fpt
    Jaipur - pop 11 - 6 fpt
    New Delhi - pop 11 - 6 fpt
    Sirp-Orange - pop 15 - 6 fpt
    New Kyoto - pop 3 - 5 fpt
    Grand River - pop 4 - 5 fpt
    New Kagoshima - pop 5 - 5 fpt
    Yokohama - pop 6 - 5 fpt
    Sapporo - pop 6 - 5 fpt
    Tonawanda - pop 7 - 5 fpt
    Paris - pop 11 - 5 fpt
    Dark Blue - pop 15 - 5 fpt
    Rheims - pop 17 - 5 fpt
    St. Louis - pop 20 - 5 fpt

Yes, it makes sense :thumbsup: however, if we get them into a 'starvation' mode, that's ok--as long as they have enough food in the food box to last them until the end of the game.

Turn 0 -- 1575 AD

Could this be the end?!?

Let's find out...

You know, we may the first game ever to have to worry more about Pop than Land for a Domination win ...

I change some builds to Workers and rush a few temples. I think England is down to one city and thus doomed.

I hit enter, and hope Persia doesn't win a Cultural Victory ...

IT: Persians wipe out the English ... well, at least we don't need to worry about flips any more

Turn 1 -- 1580 AD
We Love the Shogun Day Celebrated Everywhere!

DAMMIT, New Lahore flips :grr:

I realize I don't have Mapstat installed on this PC ... I go and download it ...

Tiles to Limit: 30. Pop to Limit: 49 Dammit, losing New Lahore cost us ...

Persian borders had expanded, so one Settler couldn't settle

End of turn: Tiles 27, Pop 47

IT:
PERSIANS (hereafter known as THE F!ing Persians) DECLARE WAR

We lose Ise
We lose Yokohama
They raze New Echizen
We lose New Delhi
We lose Hakodate
We lose some workers and take some bombardment damage

Tiles at beginning of Turn 2 1585 AD:
83 tiles to Dom
43 pop to Dom

I'm going to need to spend some time working on this ... I'll continue my turns later

Yes, that always was a danger. Sorry it had to happen to you, I know how you feel (those %$&, backstabbing Indians) but in the end that gave us a chance.

I've build some infs during my turns, use all defense you have on our continent and move NW leave some cities empty, we're railroaded all over so move them where they're needed (I'm sure you know all this already...). The number of Persian units should be limited in the end, they could not have built much in those cities.
In the southren continent you should have no trouble taking the Persian cities, the stack is still there. It's in a new city in the east(not on the Perisan border, luckily). I think you can still do it :)

Good luck, and feel free to discuss options.

Considering that we need to double Persia's pop to get to 66%, capturing Persian cities should get us to the domination limit very quickly. Thier pop decreases as ours increases. Of course, capturing Persian cities is easier said than done. Good luck. I think Xerxes is just trying to delay the inevitable.

Analysis of the situation:

We have 87 tanks, 42 artillery, and 74 infantry
Persia has 40 tanks, 23 artillery, 175 mech infantry, 31 cruise missiles, 11 tactical nukes, 6 icbms, 13 destroyers, and 29 battleships ... oh, and 3 immortals

If we could somehow take a net of 10-11 cities between our turn and Persia's turn, we probably would win by domination at that point. There are 5 vulnerable cities in the formerly British area (6? -- Reading may be vulnerable). There is a small stack (11 units) blocking the way to Leeds and Birmingham, so I think we need to worry more about holding Norwich and New Sapporo.

That brings us over to our continent. We would need to take a bunch over here as well; the problem is, the bulk of our forces are over on the Southern continent.

Can it be done? Well...

BUT, since this is a team game, I've decided to do the following:

Open the game up to the team. ALL of us should play at least 5 turns to see if we can win. Whoever does the best (i.e. pulls off the victory)--we'll take his or her game as the main one!

So, who wants to beat the Persians? I'll have my results up later today.

Originally posted by a space oddity

edit: ... but it feels a bit like cheating too..

Not really. The point of this game was to take a bunch of Deity newbies and make 'em Deity oldbies. Some of us are already at this point (having played GOTM), but in the end, I didn't want one player to be the difference between victory and defeat. Well, now more than ever, that is the case.

Besides, this is a situation everyone who plays Deity gets into; why should I be the only one who gets experience from it?

Is that enough rationalization? :D

Originally posted by a space oddity
Fine by me, I've played them. 't Was less then 5... The result? That'll have to wait until everyone is done.

The ... suspense ... is ... killing ... me ... :cringe:

I'm still formulating my plan

Space: Now you've played, look at the autosave before the end with Apollo.

This is a succession game. Everyone can play this set as much as they like. The only person that matters is ChrTh. Don't bottle it. Just play it. :)

I played. Are we going to wait before posting how many turns it took and whether we won or not?

Top Bottom