Current (SVN) development discussion thread

... I don't think they do?

Can you upload your changes for the Handicap.xml?
I didn't change the barbarian values, if that's what you mean :p My changes to HandicapInfo were small, AITrainPercent at 95/90/85, AIWorkRateModifier at 0/10/35, slightly higher inflation, but lower unit supply for the AI.

And yes, the AI malus towards the barbs is still there.

It's <iAIBarbarianBonus> tag. It's the bonus Barbarians receive against AI's, so positive value = more effective barbs against AI's.

At viceroy/monarch/emperor the barb bonuses against AI are 20/25/30.

Ah, thanks. I'm currently messing around with the interface to display stability effects better, but this is what I'll work on next.

Around 600AD there is an adjustement to tech beaker costs, is that what is being referred to?

... I don't think they do?

Yes, it's one like the 600 AD one, but I can't find the file listing them.

I know that after a certain date (1850/1900/1950 AD, I think), techs which are really outdated get dirt cheap (going even to 1 beaker). I experienced this in a game where I avoided Divine Right :p Of course, it's possible it has already been removed, but considering Leoreth didn't even know about this, I don't think so.

The one beaker effect is to do with how many civs already know the particular tech, I don't think it is tied to any specific date.

There's a couple of undocumented tech cost adjustments in the DLL, but they all happen early in the game to stretch the classical era into more turns. So Japan isn't affected by those.

New revision is up:
- all crisis types now in effect
- stability level is displayed correctly in the financial advisor
- results of the last stability check are displayed in the financial advisor, broken down by category (mouse over for more information)

Wow, stability seems very harsh now compared to the old system.

I was going along just nicely (so I thought) with an Indian start, just about to found Buddhism when Persia spawned, which seemed to trigger a stability check.

I didn't get any messages, but Takshashila went independent because my expansion stability was -50. The minor positive effects I had were no match for the massive negative stability hit in the expansion column.

Spoiler :
Why is my expansion category so poor? It's not like I have expanded outside of core/historical areas.
Spoiler :
Something will need to be done to address this, because the effect of losing Takshashila is way too harsh just because Persia spawned and the RNG didn't like you.

Also, the lack of messages is going to make it hard to track down what went wrong if you have a larger empire strectched across the globe.

If India is still set up like it was in previous versions, I assume you founded Takshashila with your starting settler? So you may have a big penalty as the game counted flipping Delhi as your capital as moving your capital city to Delhi?

If India is still set up like it was in previous versions, I assume you founded Takshashila with your starting settler? So you may have a big penalty as the game counted flipping Delhi as your capital as moving your capital city to Delhi?

All of the above, yes. Clearly I haven't over-expanded yet the game thinks I have, which needs to be changed.

I seemed to be getting random bouts of Anarchy upon discovering/trading techs as China too.
Actually, I traded techs with India, and it collapsed them.
It doesn't really make sense to me now, and I've been at least using those to switch my civics whenever it happens since it's already putting me out of a turn.
Partially, also, the stability problems are caused by religion.
Before I can even start to run Organized Religion (Monotheism is a ways away and not prioritized in the typical Chinese tech path), Confucianism already gives me a load of instability (Religious Disunity) even if I remain Animist (default option).

I imagine Persia & India have similar issues to a certain extent and this is another thing to add to the list of religion-related issues that need to be addressed.
Also, as tested in another game, discovering Monotheism before the Persian spawn does not found Zoroastrianism as stated; it's currently broken.

IMO, do we still even need the Pantheon/Animism penalty anymore?

Wow, stability seems very harsh now compared to the old system.

I was going along just nicely (so I thought) with an Indian start, just about to found Buddhism when Persia spawned, which seemed to trigger a stability check.

I didn't get any messages, but Takshashila went independent because my expansion stability was -50. The minor positive effects I had were no match for the massive negative stability hit in the expansion column.

Spoiler :
Why is my expansion category so poor? It's not like I have expanded outside of core/historical areas.
Spoiler :
Something will need to be done to address this, because the effect of losing Takshashila is way too harsh just because Persia spawned and the RNG didn't like you.
-50 is the cap for negative stability, something which you can basically only get when your core population is zero. Looks like there is something wrong with the expansion calculation, I will address this.

Also, the lack of messages is going to make it hard to track down what went wrong if you have a larger empire strectched across the globe.
Yes, the consequences of all crisis types will receive interface messages soon.

New revision up since like an hour:
- fixed the expansion problems (hopefully)
- added tons of interface messages to announce crises and their effects

Feedback for the stability mechanics please in this thread from now on.

Currently any of the modmodmods that add a module folder to the SVN cause an infinite loop of pop ups before the game can start. They all have to do with the GameInfo civics
This includes the soundtrack and the unique graphics one

Yes I know. I don't update the modules to be compatible with the SVN.

When I researched industrialism, it asked me if I wanted to switch to it, but the text for it was missing.

In svn 553 strange things happens to some civs.
They collapses, declares independense few turns later, then collapses again.
Especially Russia and Turkey, in my game they collapsed/declared independence not less than 5 times. Also this happens to Vikings and Poland. I was playing as England.

When a civilization loses city on their cores, I think that civilizations respawn their historical cities. Since Russia and Turkey are huge, this happens a lot.
What causes the collapsing I wonder.

please remove the current ******ed stability/revolution concepts. Losing a minor city or razing a terribly placed city should not cause anarchy and global revolution in half your cities.
This is a terrible mechanic, both for the player and the AI: it pisses off the player and makes the AI perform even worse.

In my current game with england, I literally have no choice of what I want to do because I risk global revolution and anarchy. (losing any city or razing any city will cause this even though the city may be in subsahara with 1 population while I have 50 other cities)

Top Bottom