Current v1.13 Development Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, same in Dutch.

:food:

The resource trade AI problem is because of a pretty dumb mistake I made that won't be fixed with a quick change, so that'll probably take until tomorrow. I suggest you go back one revision to avoid the madness.

Dont know if this is the right thread but...

I'm aiming for a Colombian UHV (failed anyway) and I took Brazil's core and they collapsed. I left their two northern cities to take as independents but the flipped to Portugal. Why is that? Portugal had no cities in South America and they haven't had any cities there since Brazil so is that supposed to happen?

In a related matter, how are we supposed to complete the second condition? The first condition can be reached a few turns before the date (all colonies removed by 1860 AD) but it seems too hard to deal with Brazil, Argentina, Peru and random congresses :/

Regent/Normal/1700 AD

Civs are eligible to receive cities after collapse if they were their original owner.

Warning: this commit breaks savegame compatibility.
- fixed error in AI bonus value calculation

Please report back on the status of the madness. Sorry about breaking saves, but I should have done this with the original commit already.

Dont know if this is the right thread but...

I'm aiming for a Colombian UHV (failed anyway) and I took Brazil's core and they collapsed. I left their two northern cities to take as independents but the flipped to Portugal. Why is that? Portugal had no cities in South America and they haven't had any cities there since Brazil so is that supposed to happen?

In a related matter, how are we supposed to complete the second condition? The first condition can be reached a few turns before the date (all colonies removed by 1860 AD) but it seems too hard to deal with Brazil, Argentina, Peru and random congresses :/

Regent/Normal/1700 AD

I have found Colombia to be a great faction for those playing on Epic or marathon. Their unit is rather powerful and the time constraints are less insane.

Warning: this commit breaks savegame compatibility.
- fixed error in AI bonus value calculation

Please report back on the status of the madness. Sorry about breaking saves, but I should have done this with the original commit already.

Just teach the AI to make a deal if the outcome is positive for him.
(Small) gifting if AI has friednly relations makes sence though.

Whilst you are meddling with AI and trade, can you add AI ability to break up open borders agreement and declare war on refusal of resources or techs?

Just teach the AI to make a deal if the outcome is positive for him.
This is a brilliant insight I never would have arrived at.

Whilst you are meddling with AI and trade, can you add AI ability to break up open borders agreement and declare war on refusal of resources or techs?
I remember that the RFCE++ AI is good at that, unfortunately last time I checked its source wasn't available.

I'd really prefer if there was an "or else war" trade item so that everyone knows what they're getting into when refusing a demand.

Not that I want to pester anyone, but am I supposed to take the silence regarding resource trades as that nobody has tried the new revision yet or that everything works?

Not that I want to pester anyone, but am I supposed to take the silence regarding resource trades as that nobody has tried the new revision yet or that everything works?

I traded philosophy for theology, calendar (discovered but 1 turn) and 60 gold as Khmer with Koreans. I think it's quite fair. Never experienced gifting (in both the current and previous revisions). Still playing.

I haven't changed the tech trade AI, is anything noticeable going on with resource trades?

I guess this is intended... the AI values happiness ressources very high (1700 Regent America game, AI doesn't trade them below 100 gpt, or something like 1 iron, 1 tobacco, 80 gpt). OTOH, the AI is also willing to give you a lot if you offer happiness ressources (china offered 11 gpt, 1 iron, 1 banana for 1 tobacco)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom