1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

~ D o m i n E a r t h i o n ~

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by Tigranes, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Great! Welcome! I would need to ask you to install everything before we start.

Please download old unpatched Earth 2010 and place it in your Beyond the Sword/Mods folder. I try Mediafire...

Get the patch (Update 6): from the link above or from http://www.mediafire.com/?6bw4859537xhwza

. Patch/merge "update 6" directly over your Earth 2010 mod. Rename Earth 2010 folder to Earth 2012 (very important!) Open both Public Maps (Worldbuilder Saves) with WordPad and replace ModPath=Mods\Earth 2010 with ModPath=Mods\Earth 2012

Imp. Knoedel likes this.
  2. sinimusta

sinimusta el capitano

I sent the turn to psza with some explanation of the current situation.

So as for the explanation for leaving this game. Very slow turn pace to which I also contributed combined with not being the original player and thus developing connection to the civ I played made me relatively unengaged to this game. Add to this the mod and long loading times for all the civs meant that playing the turns was slow and felt a burden. So I think it´s better for Russia to be under new rulership.

3. psza

psza Chieftain

Thanks Sinimusta for the save and description.

I did not successfully install the Mod (this evening.)

I will try again tomorrow.

4. psza

psza Chieftain

I've successfully installed the Earth 2010 mod. I've emailed Hercules with the save. Do add me to the tracker, if there is one.

5. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

This is great! Welcome aboard! Feel free to ask questions about the mod here, one of us will answer. Putin can never be underestimated!

6. psza

psza Chieftain

Whoops sent the wrong save to Hercules. Should have received the correct one now.

Thanks. Started a single player game to try to get the feel of the Mod. Maintaining a military is going to be quite expensive then. Not that the single player AI feels up to that much like real opponents...

7. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

Wait, Hercules is still in this game? I thought he rage-quit every game I'm in.

Edit: Also wait a minute!

DE_17.png

Before I proceed to play my turn, I'd like to know if these four acts of city liberation are legal per the house rules or if Hercules needs to replay his turn.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  8. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Of course these are legal swaps as per our amended house rule 1: if original owner of the city does not exist any more -- city can be liberated to the civ who was the first in capturing the said city.

9. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

By the way, I just realized today is your CFC 7th Birthday -- :bday: Knoedel!

10. Imp. Knoedel

Hey, we never actually agreed on that rule!

I accept this ruling for now, but only under protest!

Actually, it's my real life actual birthday too. I share it with the first Republic of Austria, which was founded exactly 100 years ago today. Historic fun facts!

Edit: So today marks a whole century Republic of Austria and a quarter century me.

Another edit: No wait, I am talking about the 12th of November, I just noticed that I joined CFC a day before my birthday a few years ago apparently.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  11. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

It's December 2021 people! :xmassign:

The world is peaceful this Christmas time.

Also GPSed to Putin (psza).

12. psza

psza Chieftain

GPSed to Hercules, a short while ago.

13. Imp. Knoedel

There's some good folks in Japan. They love me over there on that island. It's caus' I'm not a violent thug like thievin' Obama, so I gave them back the city he stole from them:

DE_18.png

I'm also working to cut a deal with the Aussies about Cairns, but the sneaky guys tried to pool the wool over my eyes, but ya can't fool me, I wrote the book about making good deals you know, I only make good deals. That's why there's so many people celebrating me over in Japan, almost as many as in my inauguration parade you know. People said, 'you are never gonna win Wisconsin', but then I did, just as I won the support of the lovely Japanese people, and just as I'm gonna cut a deal with Australia. I'm a great negotiater you know.

But you know who won't negotiate with me? China! They keep stealing our jobs! The thing to keep in mind with China is covfefe

Tigranes likes this.
  14. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

The one pbem game that I don't like playing ... is the one that comes back quickly. The one I am stressing about is being held in 'Phylhom' limbo (12 days and counting now) ... not to mention the big, slow ol game - 'Phylhom' limbo for 33 days (and counting).

Can we add Phylhom to this game please?

15. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

No we cannot but I can find a replacement for you if you want?

Honestly this is the most ambitious and exciting global game you can possibly play because most of units and buildings become available in late game only. And one does not need to read history books -- just listen to news to stay immersed and motivated. Very sorry you feel the way you do, but hey whatever rocks your boat. Does not have to a chore!

16. psza

psza Chieftain

G.P.S

17. Imp. Knoedel

*knock knock*

Hello Africa!

*knock knock*

Hello Indonesia!

And hello North Korea, Arabia and Iran!

And especially hello China!

I think it's time to remind everyone of an important public service announcement of this administration from some time ago:

I'd especially like to remind China in particular of this part here:

Note: January 1st 2022 was a month ago.

As of now both Cairns and Sapporo are back within the original owner's hands.

China has done nothing to comply with these guidelines.

Since the US are the more trustworthy nation, we now demand that China hands over the mentioned cities IMMEDIATELY, so that we may fairly distribute them among the world ourselves.

China! You have one single month (one turn) to comply with this ultimatum, otherwise we'll liberate the mentioned territories plus North Korea by force.

Our armed forces are mobilized and in position to strike in at least four places at once.

We will refrain from using nuclear weapons or attacking the Chinese nation itself as long as you do the same. The second you launch a nuke or Chinese boots step on US soil (that is all in North America including the Caribbean, Hawaii and Alaska, I don't care too much about the various Pacific islands) all bets are off. Special Forces, Paratroopers and Spies are exempt from this, as long as they don't actually take any cities in the relevant territories.

We await your swift response.

18. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Negotiations are under way between Chinese block and me their UN vassal. One thing I need to remind you and explain to everyone else -- UN did not get things back for free. City like Cairns was a drain on American economy and was SOLD for hard cold lump sum cash. So this is obvious bullying attempt disguised as "peacekeeping". I hope other nations will condemn the language of ultimatums or at east wil stay neutral.

19. Imp. Knoedel

I have stated clearly several times that Cairns and Sapporo would have been returned to you for free if you declared your independence from China, and that still stands. Break free, and I shall return the 20k money to you.

20. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Hercules it's been almost a month....