1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

~ D o m i n E a r t h i o n ~

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by Tigranes, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

I think this game will finally resurrect!

Imp. Knoedel likes this.
  2. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

No news from America?

3. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

It's a big turn that takes a while to play, but I'm halfway finished.

Tigranes likes this.
  4. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

So, I get it we have a GPS on American side. I wonder if the all out Nuclear War broke out...

5. Imp. Knoedel

No, because unlike the vile Chinese we are somewhat civilized. America will refrain from using nuclear weapons for the time being. I don't need them anyway, I liberated six cities in one turn just with Navy SEALs and air support. Not even North Korea got its comeuppance even though they launched a nuke on Seoul.

6. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Wow after 3 months of waiting we finally moving on! Crazy war!

7. psza

psza Chieftain

8. Imp. Knoedel

Huh, so fighting a land war in Asia really is a bad idea after all.

Oh well, I still rule the seas, you can have your unified Korea as far as I care. I just wish that one last Spy I had would have survived one more turn so I could funnel South Korea's treasury to the USA. Now 7k Gold just evaporated into the ether. :sad:

Edit: Hey, no fair attacking defenseless Workboats! Also, did Iran just claim a tile of mine even though claiming Sea tiles is forbidden by house rules?

9. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Sorry about coast tile, please claim it back to make it fair, rename the claiming ship "Reclaiming" so we do not attack it next turn. Hercules probably forgot about rule 6. It's going to be 6(!) years this April 21!

As far as workboats -- 5th Fleet supposed to command the seas! About 35% of the petroleum traded by sea passes through the Persian Gulf, making it a highly important strategic location to be protected my Uncle Sam. Why weren't those work boats hiding under SoD of ships? Iraqis can blame America for all their troubles, just like in real life :yup:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  10. Imp. Knoedel

Uncle Sam's mighty fleets were required in the Atlantic and Pacific to counteract excessive Chinese imperialism in Africa and Indonesia, as of yet there are no ships to spare for the Persian Gulf.

Tigranes likes this.
  11. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Guys, I am trying to move this game forward, but it is getting harder and harder for some reason. Please reply to my emails at least... Right now latest save is stack somewhere between Michkov and Ruff. Michkov told me there were some negotiations 10 days ago, but I have no heard anything since. We are at the very exciting stage with America finally directly clashing with China and other powers may get involved -- so lets just play in timely manner and have fun. Nothing is fun about waiting for a turn for months sometimes. :sad:

12. Imp. Knoedel

Oh, maybe Michkov is waiting for a reply from me someone before continuing to play his turn, and that someone planned to reply as soon as that someone received their own turn again. However, I'm sure now that this someone is aware of the situation he will respond to Michkov right away.

13. Michkov

Michkov Emperor

I GPSed 9 days ago, since I didn't get a reply in time.

14. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Finally got my turn! Very excited :ar15::run:Boy, I took serious beating this turn in Arabia, US block does have a serious presence in Middle East...:trouble:

Imp. Knoedel likes this.
  15. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

American Samoa joined UN this turn. Lets just say it did not happen without bloodshed :mischief:

Imp. Knoedel likes this.
  16. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Surubaya and Riyadh were liberated from nasty Americans.

As a general observation: some players might be wondering why is it that Internet does not work properly in this game. Every team has an Internet project and it grants all the techs discovered by 15 civs. Currently 3 teams discovered Mech Infantry tech and because each team normally has 5 civs: 3*5=15. So it was very logical to expect that entire world would catch up in techs after Chinese block discovered Mech Tech (EU and USA already had that tech). However capturing Seoul and total kill of South Koreans meant that American block now has 4 civs, so only 14 civs know technology, not 15. Very unfortunate timing on Chinese part I must say :sad:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    Imp. Knoedel likes this.
  17. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Seriously Knoedel? Just 3 units guarding Jerusalem? With all it shrines and nukes?:spank:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  18. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

Civ would not open the pbem game from inside the game this round. It crashed to desk-top. I had to double click the saved file from file explorer.

19. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

No idea what could have caused it... It was all fine during my turn though

20. Imp. Knoedel

I admit I didn't anticipate you acting so quickly... or from European territory, hmpf.

At least the Israeli navy in form of a single Stealth Destroyer is still intact. This Destroyer is in fact so stealthy, it managed to elude your troops capturing Medina even while it was docked in it! :lol:

Tigranes likes this.