[RD] Daily Graphs and Charts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually no, I think the pale pink is $0.
I do not think so, you can click on the country then on the image popup, and you get:
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE SOUTHER DISTRICT OF TEXAS BROWNSVILLE DIVISION said:
ORDERED, ADJUDGED, AND DECREED that Eagle Bus Manufacturing, Inc., its officers, agents servants, employees, successors, assigns, attorneys in fact, affiliates and subsidiaries, and those persons in active concert or participation with them, and each of them, are hereby permanently restrained and enjoined from violating Sections 104(a)(1), (2) and (3) of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977, as amended, [15 U.S.C. 78dd-2(a)(1), (2) and (3)], directly or indirectly, by using the mails, or any means of instrumentalities of interstate commerce corruptly in furtherance of an offer, payment, promise to pay, or authorization of the payment of any money, or offer, gift, promise to give, or authorization of the giving of anything of value to...
I think it is telling that neither the US nor Switzerland have any cases.

I don't think it is legally possible for the FCPA to cover inter-US crimes. Internal graft I assume is covered under a host of other laws. The FCPA is the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, which specifically refers to everyone but the US as foreign.

Yeah, I was inferring that grey was zero because definitionally the US had to be zero. And then Canada is a different colour!

stop-and-frisk.jpg

From Shibahara et al, 2013 (doi:10.2208/jscejipm.68.I_285)
This study estimates life cycle CO2 (LC-CO2) emissions from urban passenger transport modes; bicycle, light rail transit(LRT), bus rapid transit (BRT), taxi and city-center bus service.

what's GV and EV?

what's GV and EV?
I am 99% sure EV is electric vehicle. I would guess GV is gasoline vehicle. Unfortunatly only the abstract is in English, so I cannot read the paper.

How does a power-assisted bike have less CO2 emissions than human pedaling? Is it because of greater range/speed bringing the average way down?

Edit: Ok it's actually lower but they have different confusing categories for bikes that don't make sense to me.

100 biggest (most population) cities in Europe.

Meh. Thessalonike used to be top 5, now top 50 :vomit:

Also, isn't Patrae larger than that village, Helsinki? Maybe they are counting just the central municipaly, cause the stat goes all the way down to 700K and Patrae afaik has over 800K.

Also surprised at Sarajevo not being larger (assuming this map is correct, of course, which it may well not be).

What are the different colours?

Also wiki says Patras is 200k and Helsimki 600k, so you're definitely wrong on that one.

Well, Patrae is one ugly city, so at least let it be big? :)
Though iirc it supposedly has close to 800K for the tied to it municipalities, so I suppose the 200K is the central municipality or something.

Re the colors: it is just a test (black is the ones not answered yet - not a test I took, btw, just the first pic on google).

From a 538 article that has informed me quite a bit about the makeup of the US democratic party. They did a PCA on a whole load of questions about what democratic voters feel about people or groups, and grouped the party by the results:

Did I already post this? I am keeping track of the number of Covid-19 deaths in the US. It is a simple number that I can understand.

I update it each morning at:

https://saidit.net/s/Lists/comments/3iv7/us_corona_death_by_day/

4 April 1,331 deaths reported
3 April 1,045
2 April 974
1 April 1,049
31 March 912
30 March 558
29 March 363
28 March 515
27 March 401
26 March 268
25 March 247
24 March 225
23 March 141
22 March 113
21 March 46
20 March 49
19 March 57
18 March 41
17 March 23
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

idd_2017.png

From: Global epidemiology of hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism,
Peter N. Taylor, Diana Albrecht, Anna Scholz, Gala Gutierrez-Buey, John H. Lazarus, Colin M. Dayan and Onyebuchi E. Okosieme,
Nature Reviews, Endocrinology, vol. 14, May 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom