• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Darths and Droids Mafia- Game Thread

Night 7 Over. Update Soon.

The citizens of the planet that shall henceforth be known as Dagobah decided that now was once again a good time to go to sleep. They also wondered what kind of weird planet had days twice as long as its nights all the time. Maybe some really weird ridiculous axial tilt while being far from the star it was orbiting.

mechaerik was understandably somewhat on edge; after all, he had nearly died twice in the past few days. Perhaps that was where his strange suit of Black Armor came from. Sadly, being on edge didn't prepare him for a figure with a lightsaber.

"So... you have come to kill me. Well, if you haven't noticed yet, I don't go down easily."

mechaerik pulled out his own lightsaber, and duelled the figure for a while.

It seemed a close fight at first, but gradually, mechaerik was worn down, probably still beaten up from the previous times he had almost died. He would not survive again. The figure fighting him cut his head off.

The town awoke, ever more sure that they were closer to victory over their foes.

Spoiler :
mechaerik was killed! He was Anakin Skywalker! He was a member of the Empire! (Cult)

Players:

1. askthepizzaguy Killed Night 3, R2-D2
2. Autolycus
3. azzaman333
4. Backwards Logic
5. BSmith1068 Lynched Day 4, Count Dookû
6. Buddhafish
7. CivCube Lynched Day 3, Jango Fett
8. CivGeneral Vengeful Lyncheed Day 6, Boss Nass
9. classical hero replaced by NinjaCow64 Killed Night 5, Chewbacca
10. Darth Caesar Lynched Day 6, Greedo/Han Solo
11. Dreadnought Killed Night 1, Darth Maul
12. Gone 3 The Celt
13. Jarrema
14. JoanK Killed Night 2, Beru Lars
15. johnhughthom
16. Kennigit Killed Night 5, Padme Amidala
17. Mat93
18. mechaerik Killed Night 7, Anakin Skywalker
19. Mergle
20. SamSniped
21. SouthernKing Lynched Day 5, TZ-4
22. spaceman98
23. Takhisis Killed Night 4, Jar-Jar Binks
24. The Black Knigh
25. topsecret
26. traius Ravus_Sol
27. Visorslash Lynched Day 1, Nute Gunray
28. Xenoneb Lynched Day 7, General Grievous
29. Zack

Begin Day 8. It will end in: [TIMER="1/29/2013 12:00 AM PST; Day 8 Over"][/TIMER]

So we know there is a third, cult faction...
which character, besides Anakin, you think could be recruitable to this cult?

So we know there is a third, cult faction...
which character, besides Anakin, you think could be recruitable to this cult?

Do all cults usually have a recruitable yes/no factor? The last cult I saw was in a NOTW and I don't remember it having a failure option.

Someone mentioned a faction before that sounded good. That if a cult did have a group it had to target in this game, then Anakin might be converting Jedi to Sith, but with the cult faction named "Empire" I am no longer sure if that is the case. Do we think that Anakin was the godfather and start of the Cult? The "survive once" ability seems to indicate him... If he is, then perhaps people that Anakin fooled/lied to successfully in the comic? If its people that are actually imperial in the comics then we haven't seen many characters that were full imperial revealed in this game, the only characters introduced from the 4th part are Luke, Han, Chewie, Princess and the fake head Jawa.

Governor Tarkin would be an obvious one to suspect as a possible conversion if he is in this.

EDIT Note: No other kill at night apart from Yoda, so I think we can assume that the Spaceship kill was a special ability of Grevious. A second less likely option is that there is a fourth Trade Federation. But with no repeat of the ability then it was most likely a single use shot no matter who it originated from.

Beep boop.

Hey y'all. Now might be the time for one of those fancy-ash analyses that I would do if I were still alive.

Hint: Get all of mechaerik's posts together in quotes, put them in one post.

Then post every tally to track his votes and those who might have been for his benefit.

Specifically look for anyone who might be in cahoots with him. And who he really, really tried to kill all game as opposed to who he didn't, and who he might have been bluffing that he wanted dead.

Boop.

Zack is Palpatine, so is likely the cult converter, though it could also have been Anakin... Could someone faction scan Zack?

For the last time, I have been scanned town. If not for me, mechaerik would still be alive and no one would know he's Anakin. I attacked him with the peace moon, ordered roleblocks and vigilante kills on him, AND tried to lynch him. The idea that I am in a cult with him is absolutely preposterous.

Zack is Palpatine, so is likely the cult converter, though it could also have been Anakin... Could someone faction scan Zack?

Zack was scanned as town earlier in the game. So he certainly wasn't the original cult leader. Granted, he could theoretically have been converted to cult since then but given his peace-mooning of mechaerik he is far from the first place I'd look for cult. Thematically, Ravus Sol makes good points about the cult mechanism - I'd originally speculated it was dark-side corruption, but wasn't too happy about it given that seemed more Star Wars than Darths and Droids. The "Annie cons people" idea is much more in line with the comic.

What this means, of course, is that the deduction of roles and past proven-towniness counts for little. In fact, I would expect that the cult would seek to recruit some clear townies (who were in no danger of being lynched) and some less-clear cut people (who'd be less likely to be nightkilled by an SK/mafia trying to kill obvious townies). ATPG is right about the approach we should take - if I get more time later tonight I'll try to make a contribution to that.

Sorry, I can see I didn't complete my thought above about the "Annie cons people" mechanic - it would indicate that Anakin was the cult leader.

What this means, of course, is that the deduction of roles and past proven-towniness counts for little.
Which is exactly why voting azzaman the Orb was beyond silly.

Are you implying I am not actually Nigerian royalty with a bridge for sale?
Who needs bridges? We have hovercars now!

Ah... Ok, Zack is not the cult leader. Consider my conspiracy theory invalidated.

Top Bottom