[Deity] Stairway to Heaven #4: De Gaulle of France (Fractal)

Sometimes the Oracle goes incredibly late, like 1000 to 800 BC or so, so if its really only Priesthood, I'd definately try to take the chances at it.

I've seen you work a Plains-Hill when there would have been a Wine's-Farm available and still miss the GW by 2T :((((( .

What I also saw from the screens, is, that you'll be able to get 5 good cities at least, so you don't have any need to rush someone, but I think you should think about a very late Horse-Archers war, like just before the AI gets Longbows or so.
Yeah I know about that PH-Wine, I had to choose between farming the plains-Wine or Mining the PH-Wine first and I chose the farm because it made me reach size 4 sooner and because I had a forested PH to compensate a little. Don't know if that would have got me the GW, maybe :dunno:

Anyway I think it was still a reasonable coin flip, pity it didn't turn out like I wanted :sad:

For the Oracle I need to go through Myst > Med > Priest so probably not worth it...

Btw.: You're playing French, and havn't surrendered to the Barbarians yet? You aren't playing your role very well, pomthom . :(
LOL

This isn't fair because the French don't have any jokes on Germans, I feel abused :lol:

400 BC:
Spoiler :
So far I've traded for Writing, Alpha, IW, Fishing, Sailing, Poly, Mono, and Math, and teched Aesth->Hunting->Lit. I also settled 3 more cities and revolted to Hindu+OR while the settlers were moving. I had to settle on the grass hill because Pacal decided to settle an awful-looking city that blocked me on the turn I would've settled on the desert hill :mad::
Spoiler :
I ran scientists in Paris and got a great prophet :( in 725BC, which I immediately settled. This sped up Parthenon significantly, which I just built in Paris and collected 95 failgold from a turn of whip overflow into Parth in Orleans:
Spoiler :
Joao DoWed Mansa at some point, and took peace 3 turns ago for Aesth. Shaka has been in war mode for a long time, probably against his WE Mansa as well. Here's the tech situation:
Spoiler :
I stopped because I have some important decisions to make:

1. What do I tech? I think Compass as trade bait for stuff like MC, Currency, Construction, and CoL. Joao has had Drama for a long time and just recently got Math, so he'll probably win the Music race.
2. Where do I put the GLib? Lit is currently a monopoly tech so I have some time. Paris has a lot of GP pollution so I was thinking either Orleans or Lyons would be best. One of my fish cities would be ideal, but they lack forests, 2 WBs, and all of the infrastructure for it and I don't want some AI to build GLib first.
3. Where do I put the NE? I think Marseilles, but Rheims might be better.

Attachments

• STH#4 pomthom BC-0400.CivBeyondSwordSave
    170.7 KB · Views: 59
Yeah I know about that PH-Wine, I had to choose between farming the plains-Wine or Mining the PH-Wine first and I chose the farm because it made me reach size 4 sooner and because I had a forested PH to compensate a little. Don't know if that would have got me the GW, maybe :dunno:

Anyway I think it was still a reasonable coin flip, pity it didn't turn out like I wanted :sad:

You completely misunderstood me, what I ment was, that "you had the chance of working a good tile, prefered a bad-tile to gain 1 additional :hammers: already , and you still lost, and that made me sad" .

Your argument of "had I not researched Mining before Masonry, it would have worked" doesn't count for me, I always research Mining before Masonry because Mining is simply always needed, and it's imho very bad programming, that Wonders despite Stonehenge can go at 2500 BC. That's simply way too early, human should always get the Wonders he's making real efforts or even sacrifices for, and those sacrifices should never be not being able to found a 2nd city in before, and they also should not be needing to beeline a stupid tech like Masonry, before having gone for the most basic techs of Agri / AH, Mining and maybe even for Pottery.

But it's ok, getting the GW is somehow nice, but it's not that it was a necessary wonder when playing without Raging Barbs. There don't seem to be to many tiles on which Barbs could spawn on that map anyhow.

For the Oracle I need to go through Myst > Med > Priest so probably not worth it...

LOL

This isn't fair because the French don't have any jokes on Germans, I feel abused :lol:

For the french, there aren't any jokes to be made about the germans, because the germans themselves are the joke for the french, with the way of how they behave, how they dress, and how they talk.

@ chessplaya:

Spoiler :
Research choices are Music or HBR. You definately want to research something Mansa doesn't have, and up from my experience, Music is sort of "a low priority tech" for AI, so I've often already seen AI not go for Music and think that you have ok chances to still get the GA, but personally I'd, in this case, definately take HBR and go for a late but quick Horse-Archer-war, just like I already mentioned.
Just make sure that you focus on Food and production, so that you whip the cities harshly and that you get rid of some of those Forrests, and you'll have 10-15 HAs in no time, but it's of course your choice.
Researching something Mansa already has, doesn't make sense to imho.

If you really think that you need the GL however, build it either in your capital or in the city you'll want to use as a GP-Farm, but capital is probably the better choice, and its actually not bad at all, as 2 Scientists also give noticeable research, and your capital has the greatest chances of getting an Academy.

If you btw. had saved that Great Prophet, you now could bulb Theology, and get a Religion + a lot of techs through trade. Bulbing Theology should always be prioritized by you over settling a Great Person, because settling GPs is generally the weakest choice of all.

EDIT: spoilered
Spoiler :
Research:

Choices are Music or HBR. You definately want to research something Mansa doesn't have, and up from my experience, Music is sort of "a low priority tech" for AI, so I've often already seen AI not go for Music and think that you have ok chances to still get the GA, but personally I'd, in this case, definately take HBR and go for a late but quick Horse-Archer-war, just like I already mentioned.
Just make sure that you focus on Food and production, so that you whip the cities harshly and that you get rid of some of those Forrests, and you'll have 10-15 HAs in no time, but it's of course your choice.
Researching something Mansa already has, doesn't make sense to imho.

If you really think that you need the GL however, build it either in your capital or in the city you'll want to use as a GP-Farm, but capital is probably the better choice, and its actually not bad at all, as 2 Scientists also give noticeable research, and your capital has the greatest chances of getting an Academy.

If you btw. had saved that Great Prophet, you now could bulb Theology, and get a Religion + a lot of techs through trade. Bulbing Theology should always be prioritized by you over settling a Great Person, because settling GPs is generally the weakest choice of all.
LOL who are you talking to? :lol:

I have had 0 great prophet (or great people for that matter), and I don't even have Aesth so Music is not really on the table for now... :confused:

LOL who are you talking to? :lol:

I have had 0 great prophet (or great people for that matter), and I don't even have Aesth so Music is not really on the table for now... :confused:

Post edited :blush: .

Ich bin ein Hamburger.

:shifty:

And when looking at our both avatars, we are behaving funny and dressing funnily.

Though I in this case am obviously the hotter one, but we can talk about you also being quite ok. :joke:

Sorry, I should have mentioned that my last post was a shadow attempt.

@Seraiel:
Spoiler :
I considered Theo bulb, and normally I would do it, but here were the downsides:
1. Christianity was already founded by Hammy, and bulbing Theo could encourage him to trade it away.
2. The only extra tech I could trade for was MC from Mansa, along with potentially a lot of "traded with our WE" hate. The rest of the AIs in this game are pretty stubborn about trading techs. I didn't think it would take long before I could trade for MC later, and forges wouldn't make Parth or GLib with Ind+Marble happen much faster.
3. Theo unlocks Paper to the AIs, which is on the path to Liberalism, or it could lead to a non-Hindu AP if it ends up in the wrong hands.

I hadn't considered HBR. I agree that I could whip 10-15 HAs in a hurry, but I didn't think they would be effective so late against a Deity AI with metal, especially since I traded Monarchy to them so they are all one tech away from nasty longbows. It's also a bit risky to attempt to trade HBR to Mansa when 2 AIs already have it. I can believe that GLib would make more sense in the capitol than the 2 places I mentioned, so I'll probably take your advice there.

@Strick3r
Problem with your vid, doesn't work

hmm to bad could have been a good joke, it was louis de funes^^
Saw that in other forums that youtube links doesn't work, but i have no idea why, I'm not an expert, haha

Herr Mueller Muskatnuss!!! (with the hitler beard)

Top Bottom