Deleatur's 1st Pitboss

My defensive response to the galleon after I saw it wasn't exactly the most heroic and staunch effort. If Classical Hero intended a straight up fight then why didn't he continue the attack against these light defenses that I put up. I believe he intended on relying of the advantage of the double move to make his sacking of Billings possible. Lets move on. I was the victim of this move and now I am being made to justify my defense of Billings. It is an insult. I have really enjoyed this game and I would hate to see it come to the grinding halt because bad play of one player.

Kmac

Yes I do have a Caravel in that area, tho I dont remember the exact details.

I by no means intended to insult anyone. I am mearly trying to view things as neutral as possible, trying to get both sides of the story.

At the very least maybe we should communicate more when at war... in particular if someone misses a turn and what the consequences are for the war. This would have prevented CH from percieving KMac's "normal" move of beeing a DM and possibly even CH's DM.
I dont know the tactical situation or the situation at/near Billings... I am just -like I said- trying to see things from 2 sides.

I dont know about getting a replacement for England... It is not going to be much fun taking that civ :(

This all occured because CH missed his turn. He then took his next turn about 6 minutes after the timer had struck 0 on the previous turn. The only relief in this matter would have been a reload to the beginning of the turn that CH missed. I suppose if CH had told me he was going to miss a turn something could have been done. Most likely I would not have done it. Civstats was running and by now we all know how the clock works. Further his attitude since this "crisis" has begun has been less than helpful. His post are difficult to understand and he does not acknowledge that what he did was wrong. He seems to think his DM was a natural redress for his missed turn. I do not view it that way at all. Miss a turn and suffer the consequences. Don't cheat to make up for it, and certainly don't lecture your opponent on what he should have done. I will post the one opening and leave the English AI to drain resources from me (I can be so stoopid.) Under extraordinary circumstances (someone in your near family needs to have died) I might be convinced to pause or reload a game. But if you miss the timer and then take your move 6 minutes later then take your lumps please.

I do not view it that way at all
The fact that you and CH disagree is not at discussion. His experience differs from yours...

IMHO -and I am not saying KMac did anything wrong or anyone else did dispite the obvious "dubious" DM on CHs part- communication between the factions could have prevented this whole mess....
IIRC I had a brush with war in other pittbos and swapped turns all over the place where I started the wartimes going first. Then my opponent missing his turn BUT going first in the turns... Thereby effectively losing only half a turn instead of a full one...

I dont know what the turn order was/is and if this situation is at all comparable. Above way is atleast IMHO the best way to deal with the situation.

Again: Not trying to put blame so please dont feel attacked or anything.

While nam makes some good points in his last post I do disagree to one extent or another on some of them.

The fact that you and CH disagree is not at discussion. His experience differs from yours...

This is very much part of the discussion. In this case I am not only a player I am also running this pittboss. While I listen to and value the opinions of other players (especially when I am directly or indirectly involved in whatever action is under discussion) any action taken in regards to the game will be done by me. I also only like to open an issue up to discussion if I think that discussion will help resolve it. I do this because often such discussion gives away details of the game that wouldn't be public knowledge. For instance kmac felt obliged to disclose what he could see and not see. Ideally a pittboss would be run by a person not directly involved in the game, but in this case that isn't happening until one of you manages to kill me off.

IMHO -and I am not saying KMac did anything wrong or anyone else did dispite the obvious "dubious" DM on CHs part- communication between the factions could have prevented this whole mess....
IIRC I had a brush with war in other pittbos and swapped turns all over the place where I started the wartimes going first. Then my opponent missing his turn BUT going first in the turns... Thereby effectively losing only half a turn instead of a full one...

This could have possibly been an effective answer to the problem if someone had requested it. In the future a player who misses a turn could make such a request but this does not mean that an opponent is obligated to do any such thing. In the end responsibility for getting a turn in lies with each individual player.

I recognize that each player in the game has already made a signifigant investment in their time in order to play in the pittboss game. I do my best to keep the game running and disruption to a minimum. Sometimes I do better than others but I would like to continue to provide and take part in a good time.

When do we start again??

I hope to have this wrapped up and a player in the fold soon. Hang in there and we will get to restart.

We have a new player for the Germans. Everybody give a warm hand of applause for bbfrancis. bbfrancis runs pitboss games and I am sure will be a fine addition to our game. bjarkekr if you get a chance to bring him up to speed what would be great.

We restart tomorrow at noon (+7 GMT).

Good Luck everyone

I restarted the game. As soon as kmac goes I will kick CH to AI and bbfrancis can take over. Good luck gentlemen.

1/21/08 11:27 pm A new turn has begun. It is now 1541 AD
1/21/08 11:27 pm Phabuk Finished turn
1/21/08 11:24 pm Phabuk Logged in
1/21/08 4:58 pm Kmac33 Logged out
1/21/08 4:56 pm Kmac33 Logged in

1/21/08 4:09 pm bjarkekr Logged out
1/21/08 4:09 pm bjarkekr Finished turn
1/21/08 4:06 pm bjarkekr Score decreased to 1828
1/21/08 4:04 pm bjarkekr Score decreased to 1835
1/21/08 4:01 pm bjarkekr Logged in
1/21/08 7:46 am namliam Logged out
1/21/08 7:46 am namliam Finished turn
1/21/08 7:25 am namliam Logged in
1/21/08 5:48 am deleatur Logged out
1/21/08 5:47 am deleatur Finished turn
1/21/08 5:42 am deleatur Logged in
1/21/08 3:54 am Kmac33 Logged out
1/21/08 3:46 am Kmac33 Finished turn
1/21/08 3:09 am Kmac33 Logged in

1/21/08 2:25 am Neo Logged out
1/21/08 2:25 am Neo Finished turn
1/21/08 2:24 am whiplash Finished turn
1/21/08 2:24 am Phabuk Score increased to 1554
1/21/08 2:24 am namliam Score increased to 1816
1/21/08 2:24 am Firefox Finished turn
1/21/08 2:24 am basmans_grob Finished turn
1/21/08 2:24 am bjarkekr Finished turn
1/21/08 2:24 am A new turn has begun. It is now 1538 AD

Possible DM allert, I cannot believe that KMac would risk this even after the Classical_Hero incident...

Well Im not able to login right now to see if anything has happened.. But kmac usually has been given permission to just login and check what has happened. He has written me a pm the other times, but havent this time..

Im pretty sure he hasnt done anything, but let me check in 4-5 hours.

lamentation- The act of expressing sorrow; mourn; bewail

I believe in french the word is plainte.

King Wang Kon delievered a powerful and historic speech to a joint session of both the House of Most Enlightned Monks and the House of Commons today in it he said amongst other things "We must wave the Firebrand of Warfare against these benighted savages who have invaded our lands, and befouled our sacred cities. They at the beginning of this fight, which they sought out, not only did these horrible things, but they slaughtered in cold blood hundreds of missionaries; men, women and children; simply seeking to bring a little holy light into their damned existence.
We did not seek out this fight but we must assurdly win this fight, for our lives, for our honor and for our very souls."
King Wang Kon went on to outline a series of massive Korean military victories which lead to the destruction of a Turkish army.

I couldn't connect to take my turn.

I have had no outtage problems. I know Neo logged in early yesterday morning. Can you loggin now Neo? You still have ten hours on the current turn but do you need a roll back?

I won't be able to play from the 1st to the 9th of february.

I can manage to plan everything for these 8 turns if you sware you won't declare war on me :p and if you accept to wait until the end of each of these 8 turns...

The other solution is to replace me for this lap of time.

You tell me (even if I would prefer the first solution :mischief:)

Phabuk

I think that for 8 turns we can let you get away with preplanning and letting the clock roll. Let's see if anyone else has any strong opinions on the matter before making a final decision.

Nice job of mousetrapping my fleet Nam. In the end I was just happy to "escape" with my ground units.

err...I mean...
In our top story King Wang Kon gave a speech today in which he stated "though we face setbacks, trials, and tribulations we must hold fast to this struggle against the forces of Despotism and Slavery. And today we promise those oppressed peoples of Turkey, who even now labor under the lash of evil that someday they to will know the balm and joy of freedom and democracy."

Top Bottom