Democratic Showdown

ZONKERBERG vs BOULDER pick one

• Mark "The Facebook" Zuckerberg

• Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

• oh god please end our suffering

Results are only viewable after voting.

GoodEnoughForMe

n.m.s.s.
It's 2020. The Democratic nominee is between two contenders, both looking to make a one term president out of Trump, whose popularity has been flagging and whose presidency has been dogged by animosity with foreign allies and structural failures at home.

Of course, the Dems turn to their own celebrity power to face off against Trump, and the last two candidates hoping to secure the nominee are Silicon Valley's very own MARK ZUCKERBERG and Hollywood's own DWAYNE 'THE ROCK' JOHNSON.

In this contest, who would you support as nominee? Could either of them unseat Trump? Would you support either of them for president? Is that fact that this a real possibility in our current timeline an indictment of America being allowed to continue to exist? Discuss!

The Rock vs. The Zuck.
hmmmm.
I'll have to go with The Rock.

Depends on if what The Rock is cooking smells good.

I like The Rock's personality, but he needs back up his candidacy with a solid policy agenda.

Zuckerberg for being smarter, also the Rock didn't have the balls to say Trump was a terrible president in the interview I read of it. Said something like 'too early to tell' which dropped any respect I had for him.

Zuck has a really weird face and I'd only trust him if he completely divested himself of all shares and employments relating to FB prior to elections. Which would likely be impossible. The Rock however seems like a reasonable chap and having a rather normal ego for being a huge guy as opposed to the situation we have now.

The Rock.

Zuckerberg is too much the corporate elitist for me to trust him any farther than I could throw him.

Plus, he would be, after all, THE ROCK OBAMA.

Zuckerberg is richer than Trump, did it in far less time, is self-made rather than inheriting from his dad. Let's see who's the better businessman that 'gets things done'...

Zuckerberg is richer than Trump, did it in far less time, is self-made rather than inheriting from his dad. Let's see who's the better businessman that 'gets things done'...

Next stop, electoral deadlock. Before we know it, Zuck will replace Mike Pence.

Put the words "Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson" on a piece of paper and I'll write an approving tick next to it. Context is secondary.

FWIW in the "businessman" competition, I prefer Trump over Zuckerberg. Trump at least has the old-school Manhattan-property-developer-who-definitely-has-Mafia-links going for him. He feels like he could easily be the villain in an underwhelming made-for-TV superhero movie.
Zuckerberg, on the other hand, feels like the future of corporate villainy, selling off our private information to allow other corporations to target us and fence us off from points of view they would rather not us see. Trump at least ended up with some great honking buildings with his name on it, Zuckerberg just has lots of electrons floating around some highly specialized machines he bought from someone else.

Only as long as he runs as The Rock. I couldn't care less about "Dwayne Johnson", but The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment gets my vote.

FWIW in the "businessman" competition, I prefer Trump over Zuckerberg. Trump at least has the old-school Manhattan-property-developer-who-definitely-has-Mafia-links going for him. He feels like he could easily be the villain in an underwhelming made-for-TV superhero movie.
Zuckerberg, on the other hand, feels like the future of corporate villainy, selling off our private information to allow other corporations to target us and fence us off from points of view they would rather not us see. Trump at least ended up with some great honking buildings with his name on it, Zuckerberg just has lots of electrons floating around some highly specialized machines he bought from someone else.

Nah. Not buying it. I'm using facebook myself and enjoy it. Could someone else have designed a better website? Surely. They already can, this is a free market economy. There's already tons of other social media. He just happens to be the best. He got rich by making a free service other than as you said, information) that tons of people use and enjoy.

Trump's businesses don't have near as much of an impact on the entire world, his products aren't nearly as good, and he inherited most of it from daddy I would also consider mafia connections to be more of a bad thing than a good thing.

Bill Nye the President Guy for 2020!:smoke:
All we have to do is somehow convince him to run.

I can't see Zuckerberg winning an election even if the Republic of California would break away once again.

I can't see Zuckerberg winning an election even if the Republic of California would break away once again.

I used to think similarly about Trump.

Top Bottom