1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Development] Alternative Map during 1.17

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Jun 9, 2019.

1. TJDowling

TJDowling Chieftain

If you want to go test it out in the WB go for it. Seems a bit of an undertaking I'm not quite sure how to tackle it. Also, taking a cursory look at the Pacific Islands it seems they are pretty well aligned with the Americas but as you said, that's far less important than being aligned with the Old World.

Also, re: New Guinea, I'd move it (and subsequently Australia) South even if Indonesia was left unmoved but that's just me. Or enlarge it.

Crimean Lord likes this.
  2. ozqar

ozqar Chieftain

Could you provide a screenshot of all the Pacific islands tagged with their names? And could you mark somehow (cultural borders?) those that can't be moved in relation to each other to ensure the UHV can be accomplished?

Without this info, it'd be impossible for me (and I guess most others) to assess whether shifting them messes up their position or not or to propose what concretely to do with them. If you have other remarks or restrictions for the region, it would also be helpful to know them, otherwise we're unlikely to come up with something that can meet your requirements.

I fully agree with this too, I hadn't brought it up specifically because I thought there was no more room for this.

Crimean Lord likes this.
  3. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

All of them, that's the point.

1SDAN and ozqar like this.
  4. TJDowling

TJDowling Chieftain

I think the only feasible thing would be to move the Pacific Islands as one entire block without shifting them in relation to each other.

That said, I'm assuming that the UHVs are the same so if the fully extended cultural borders can reach over open ocean then you should be good to shift things a bit.

EDIT:
    It does appear that at least Hawaii can be moved south 1 or 2 tiles in relation to Asia and the Americas. The North-western island of Hawaii (which I'm interpreting to be the island feature surrounded by ocean on our map) should be level with the middle of Taiwan and the southern tip of Baja California. But it is 1N.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 11:33 AM
    The 13th Earl and Crimean Lord like this.
  5. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

New update: added a row to western France, moving the British Isles and Iceland 1N
    Spoiler :
    Civ4ScreenShot0107.JPG

Most importantly this gives a little more space to the Low Countries.