1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Development] Map Suggestions

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, May 26, 2018.

1. Tab911

Tab911 Chieftain

Spoiler Iberia (new) :
    iberia.jpg

Great suggestions, came up with this.
    First off, added El Llobregat river to Barcelona to incentivize settling it 1e, gives more space to Valencia and Zaragoza. Valencia is a viable city now, olives have been moved south and fish added to the harbor given its important role as a Mediterranean seaport. Stone has been added 1n to provide production to various Catalonian cities and to give Spain (or the Moors) stone. Cordoba has been moved 1e, I really like this change. I'd like to always have Madrid and Barcelona for Spain along with Seville and Cordoba for Moors. Valencia and Zaragoza can alternate in various games (I'd prefer to see Valencia more) because having both is a bit crowded. I've added Andalusian horses 1e of Seville and moved the Madrid horses to Leon. Given the importance of horses to Spain, there really ought to be two (three counting Portugal) for them to play with.
    Speaking of Portugal, I moved Lisbon 1n and reshuffled the resources (added cow and iron which spawn later). It makes more sense to have a very strong Lisbon rather than a half-baked Lisbon and Porto. Finally, I've added forest to Spain's east coast, including on the semi-desert. Rather than using savanna trees, I was thinking of having a new xeric shrub tree feature for deserts and semi-deserts, perhaps even Mediterranean climates too. However, I quite like the way regular forests look on the semi-desert tiles so there may be no need in this case.

wololo, SBlack, Leoreth and 2 others like this.
  2. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I do like to have both Cordoba and Sevilla, but I think that Cordoba location is too far off for my comfort.

3. TJDowling

TJDowling Prince

Honestly, I know Cordoba is landlocked but the map isn't big enough to reflect that accurately so if Cordoba is an intended canonical city it needs to be coastal. Or else it seems the Moors will be unplayable. I can't see a city arrangement including a land-locked Cordoba that wouldn't be awful for the Moors and subsequently the Spanish.

4. Tab911

Tab911 Chieftain

Fair enough, I'd argue that any sort of coastal Cordoba is too far from its real-life location. Remember, this map has been flattened out, when looking at a real map of Spain you have to tilt it so that Iberia sits at a 90 degree angle. Santiago is also land locked but given its location, we have to place it on the coast. Cordoba on the other hand isn't even close to the coast the most accurate location is 1w of where I've got it.
    If I were playing Spain on this map, my ideal city setup from a game-play standpoint (without being completely ahistorical would be Madrid, Santiago, Barcelona, Valencia and Seville. Given that the Moors settle Cordoba, it would make the most sense to raise the city upon conquest. Brings us back to my original idea of Cordoba 1w that gets raised upon Spanish conquest, allowing them to settle Seville.
    Reason I'm pushing so hard for Seville was because it was vitally important as a colonial port along with adjacent Cadiz. Now that we have a viable Valencia though, Spain has Santiago with Atlantic access as well as Barcelona and Valencia so a land-locked Cordoba wouldn't be crippling.
    It's a bit rougher for the Moors but I think this could also work. If they start out with inland Cordoba along with Morocco, they will be strongly incentivized to conquer Valencia to grab an Iberian port as was the case circa 700 and again in 1100. Particularly if we have Valencia and Barcelona spawn as independents, we could see a race for Iberia between Spain and the Moors, I do worry about those dastardly French grabbing Barcelona though.
    I'd like to see a stronger Moors from the start with a small window to decide the fate of Iberia. In almost every game the Moors are pushed out by Spain as they should be, but I think they should have an early window to viably conquer or cripple Spain (with luck, and proper military/diplomatic preparation). This way if the Moors play passively, the difference in cities (4 to 1) and the lack of a harbor to quickly ship units from Africa in would mean that the Moors would have little chance against an established, healthy Spanish empire. If they get aggressive early they could grab Valencia and Barcelona making it 3 to 2 along with two Mediterranean ports. This will also keep the Spanish from knocking around Italy too early because they will have moor to deal with.
    Now a human player might decide to forget Cordoba and just settle Seville, I see no issue with this.

5. ozqar

ozqar King

Hey - I agree that landlocked Cordoba isn't a problem. The moors will have ports in Morocco, and eventually it's fine that they lose their access to Iberia. Having Spain conquer Sevilla and ignore Córdoba for a while is also completely accurate - that's how the Reconquista went. I wouldn't want to see Córdoba razed because it's likely to hold some wonders (at least it should have the Mezquita), and well, because it was a major cultural center and a unique city to the day. So I'm happy to compromise with an inaccurate location (although Tab911's comments on that the map is tilted might mean that the eastern location is not as bad as it seems. I think that Sevilla is just as important for different reasons, it was the port of administration for Spain's colonial empire (it was not Madrid) and it's a major city nowadays. Hence... well, I'd like to see them both.

I'm not sure about the changes to Barcelona and Lisbon though. In Portugal, having both Lisbon and Porto gives access to a bit more land and sea tiles. You can always prioritize for Lisbon to get all tiles in the overlap and make it a stronger city like that. Porto is an important agricultural region, and is today Portugal's most industrialized area, with a metro area that is actually larger than Sevilla's and about the same size as Valencia's (only Madrid, Barcelona, and Lisbon are bigger). I'd be happy for Porto to squeeze Santiago and be a decently productive city to help Lisbon. Santiago, on the other hand, is important for cultural reasons as a major pilgrimage site. If Santiago is mostly generating commerce out of the sea tiles (since it can't be a shrine), I think it would serve its role adequately. One thing that would be nice to change though, is to reduce Spain's territorial ambitions in Portugal (there's a map with tile values for that, right?). As far as I know, Spain never actually invaded Portugal in real life (probably due to British influence), so seeing Spain occupying all of Iberia in most games is quite ahistorical.

In Catalonia - I mean, i get that that arrangement works better to make all cities there viable (Zaragoza, Valencia, Barcelona). I think, btw, that Barcelona should be favored over Valencia to get access to production resources like that stone. My doubt is whether Barcelona that far East won't be too close to France. I think we'd need to consider France's situation to decide what's the better position.

Edit: This
    would be amazing.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    The 13th Earl and 1SDAN like this.
  6. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

What would the effects of such a feature be?

7. ozqar

ozqar King

I think it would only be a variant of the savanna feature you just introduced, just for texture. Perhaps no hammer bonus when cleared.

1SDAN and Crimean Lord like this.
  8. Tab911

Tab911 Chieftain

Speaking of savanna, I was playing with it in the Caribbean:
    Spoiler Images :
    carib1.jpg carib2.jpg new.jpg

I really like it, makes the islands look a bit greener and adds some tropical vegetation for areas without dense rain forests. Turks and Caicos is a salt flat under that rain forest, I like the look of it for a desert island, has a nice white-sand texture to it. Should be a savanna in reality though.
    Game play savanna works too, most of these islands are densely vegetated and not great food producers so the extra food from grassland is unrealistic. I changed some of the island features to green as well. The southernmost island I've called Grenada because it better corresponds with Grenada and the Grenadines than Trinidad and Tobago (which should be 2s). It is now a hill because Grenada has unusual elevation for the Caribbean allowing it to grow spices that the rest of the Caribbean can't. It's a miniature island but produces a quarter of Nutmeg globally thus I've made the tile a hill and placed spice on it.
    I've added a ton of resources that ought to spawn around 1500. European settlement in the Caribbean was highly desirable (more so than mainland settlement initially) and the area produced a ton of luxury goods thus these islands should be full of them. With the savanna, none of these tiles are food or production rich meaning the only way to make Caribbean cities productive is the addition of slaves. The abolition of slavery diminishes their value which is dead on historically.

9. Krieger-FS

Krieger-FS Chieftain

While I agree that we need to reduce Spain's Portuguese ambitions, I would rather not remove it entirely, as that would be ahistorical giving the frequent clashes and rivalry between then. Afaik, Portugal actually tried to conquer Castille during the middle ages, while Spain invaded Portugal few times during 16th-19th centuries. To quote the main invasions, we have the one that led to the establishment of Iberian Union (1580), another during the Seven Year's War (1762) and the French-Spanish invasion during the Peninsular War (1807). It's worthy to note, however, that only the Iberian Union invasion resulted in a lasting occupation of Portuguese territory (until 1640).

10. Steb

Steb King

This is really nice. The Caribbean has always felt too dry and lifeless and using savannas corrects that. Also appropriate that almost each land tile has a resource. Maybe put the sugar on Hispaniola on the middle tile since the western tile would be Port-au-Prince or Cap-Français.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  11. pichulo_

pichulo_ Chieftain

Gibraltar tile and Guadalquivir river mouth need to be moved 1W

Steb likes this.
  12. ozqar

ozqar King

Hi, I looked a bit more into the European map and I marked political borders with culture, to check the real life territory to number of land tiles for European countries. I separated Western Europe (incl. Denmark, Greece, European Turkey, Poland, Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia), Northern Europe (Norway, Sweden, Finland), and Eastern Europe (incl. Ukraine and Belarus, excl. Russia). Separated like that, they're pretty consistent in that countries don't deviate much in ratio to each other (within in each group). The average ratio for Western Europe is 10.5 (thousand km2 / tile), for Northern Europe its 11.8, and for Eastern Europe 17.6.

Looking at each country in comparison to their group, I noticed that Spain is missing 9 tiles (to be in the same proportion), Italy is 5 tiles too big, Great Britain and Ireland are 4 tiles too big (altogether), Germany and Denmark 2 tile too big (combined), and Poland 4 tiles too small. I think of all this, only Spain and Poland are things to address. The larger size of the other countries is in part due to their long shapes/coastlines, which makes it sometimes necessary to use more tiles to represent their shape properly. Also, given Rome's importance, I thought that was alright for Italy. However, Spain is seriously shrinked (Portugal isn't), so I made some edits. Basically, I extended the whole "square" of the peninsula 1 tile westwards (pushed 1W everything west of the Pyrenees) and 1 tile southwards (extended the southern coastline without touching Morocco, and moved the Gibraltar bump 1 west). I tried minor modifications to the mediterranean coast, but I think in the end I just kept to the original.

With these changes, continental Spain gains 9 tiles and is now perfectly in proportion to Western Europe. I'll look at Poland later, because it's a much trickier arrangement. Here's a picture of how bigger Spain looks in the context of the rest of Europe and north Africa. I think this is more aligned (West-East) with the coast of Ireland and the southern tip of Italy (north-south) as in real life. I also added a (plains+savanna) land tile for the Balearic Islands and placed Palma (de Mallorca) there. Perhaps this requires some changes in Morocco, but we can discuss later.

Spoiler Iberia in relation to Europe :

Europe.png

I replaced the cities from scratch for the whole peninsula, as you can see in the map below, because I wasn't sure what part of the country should benefit from the expansion, and with this city arrangement, the added tiles are mostly in benefit for the Castilian regions (central Spain) - which I think is perfect. The main change I'm proposing from what Tab911 has in his map is adding Leon - although it's at the expense of Gijon, so I'm still hesitating. Either city would represent the Kingdom of Asturias, which in any case eventually moved its capital to Leon (if I recall correctly) and then became the Kingdom of Leon and later of Castille. I think from that longer-term perspective, Leon makes more sense.

I also left Bilbao there, because it fits better with Leon and Zaragoza, but that's all to be discussed - Santander also has a good case of being the canonical city. I like that Bilbao can represent the independent Basque kingdoms in the Middle Ages, though, while Santander has generally been part of the kingdoms of Asturias/Leon. Santiago's location could arguably 1S of where I have it, but I thought the northern tip made more sense to not squeeze out Portugal, and also to leave it as a more maritime city which is nice for Galicia. Portugal, in this arrangement, perfectly can hold two cities, which I think is preferable. A super city Lisbon could happen, but that's inaccurate, so I don't think it should be the de facto for the AI.

For Andalucia and the mediterranean coast, I stuck to the last proposals we discussed, leaving Cordoba 1E of real life, but allowing for better placement with Seville. I left Barcelona on the southern-more tile of the three possible, which is most accurate and because moving north is unnecessary with the additional space.

Spoiler Iberia, cities and terrain :

Iberia.png

For features, I was careful to look at ecorregions in the country. See in the map above, I extended Savannas in the south, to represent the mediterranean and sclerophylous woodlands and scrublands. In the southern plateaus and in the northern mediterranean coast, I used deciduous forests, in the northern plateaus I used coniferous, and I used mixed forests for the northern coast (as in real life). I changed the Murcia tile (1SW of Valencia) to plains (instead of semidesert) because Murcia is a very fertile region, but extended the semidesert in the highlands of Castille (under the wheat and the sheep).

I made slight modifications to the rivers, all three of the Douro/Duero, Tajo/Tagus, and Guadalquivir define parts of the Portuguese-Spanish border, so I used southwards bends for that. I also moved the Ebro a bit so it can touch Zaragoza (and Barcelona, in this arrangement). Madrid is in real life not next to the Tajo, but it's next to the Manzanares river, and if that's also Toledo's location early on, then that's perfect because Toledo is on the Tajo. I think I shortened the Tajo here (originally it was born a 1E of there, but that was unintentional.

It's hard to see the hills, but I marked them in the map below with culture. I looked at elevation maps. The areas around Madrid are all flat highlands, so I left flat terrain to represent that, and to increase the diversity (it also helps food production in the NW of Madrid, which is an important agricultural region). With this arrangement, there's also diagonal (SW to NE) of hills that represents the Sierra Central separating the northern and southern mesetas. I also added hills to the Andalucian coast, representing the Sierra Nevada and the Baetic mountain range. As you see, the river valleys are also flat.

Spoiler Iberian relief :

Relief.png

For resources, I left everything as Tab911 had it, because I didn't do more research on that. I did add pigs in western Spain (where ham is made), because how can you have Spain without ham? Those pigs would be more accurate 1SW of where I have them (in Extremadura), but I left them close to Madrid for gameplay. I also changed the cows to sheep, because that's the region of La Mancha, and you make the famous Manchego cheese with sheep milk :). I left out 1 horse (the Andalucian one), because I think the Moors can do without, but have no strong feelings on it.

Spoiler Iberian resources :

Iberia + R.png

Finally, I looked at the Macaronesia islands. I moved the Azores (Ponta Delgada) 1SW because with the expansion of the mainland they were now too close to Lisbon. I moved Madeira (Funchal) 2W so it doesn't overlap with the Canary Islands (Las Palmas). I added a second tile for the Canary Islands (in the picture, the one SW is the original one, the one NE is the new one). I made the Madeira and Azores into mixed forests with grassland, and the Canary Islands to plains with savannas (as in real life). I also added bananas to the Canary Islands, which is the main product, but that should only appear in the late game.

Spoiler Macaronesia :

Macaronesia.png

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  13. The 13th Earl

The 13th Earl Chieftain

I liked your proposal for changes to the British Isles so much I decided to try out a proposal myself. Besides which, it's not as if I am especially useful when it comes to anywhere else!

Spoiler British Isles :
    Northern British Isles.JPG Southern British Isles.JPG

KEY:
    Red = terrain changed to Moorland
    Pink = other terrain changes
    Yellow = added and changed resources
    Blue = potential time dependent resources

~

England:
    • Wheat was moved from Kent (1S of London) to East Anglia (1E of London) as this has been called England's breadbasket. I agree with Tab911's suggestion that this should be a later spawning resource (ca. 1700?) to prevent London from growing too big too quickly
    • Fish was moved to London's harbour as per Tab911's suggestion
    • Stone was moved from North Wales to Dorset (1SW of London) to represent Portland limestone which was used as a building material extensively throughout the Isles
    • I left the Horses as they were in Tab911's suggestion 1W of London, however, I think there should only be one Horse resource in the whole British Isles and that could easily be in Ireland instead, so if England wants a nearby source of Horses they will need to conquer Ireland first
    • Salt was added to Cheshire (1NW of London) as this was the historic centre of English salt production - see the four Cheshire "-wich" towns for detail
    • Sheep were added to Yorkshire (2N of London) as England's economy in the Middle Ages was dominated by the wool trade - a further Sheep could be added in Scotland or Ireland as well
    • Coal was added to the North East of England (3N of London) to represent the Great Northern Coalfield and as this was a major coal-mining region
    Wales:
    • As most of Wales is covered in poor quality soil, I changed both tiles to Moorland
    • I added in a Sheep resource in North Wales to represent the iconic shepherding tradition of Wales in regions such as Snowdonia
    Ireland:
    • The Cow 1N of Dublin was changed to Horses to represent the excellent Irish horse-breeding tradition as shown by the Irish National Stud on the Curragh in County Kildare
    • Cows were moved 1W of Dublin to represent Ireland's large dairy industry
    • As with Tab911's suggestion, Coal was added in the north to represent the Irish coal-mining tradition shown in the mines at Arigna
    • Copper was added to County Waterford (1SW of Dublin) as copper mining had been exploited there since antiquity and the area experienced a boom followed by exhaustion and a bust in the 1860s. This also gives the controller of the entire British Isles access to both "basic" metal resources.
    • Potato was added to Western Ireland and should spawn ca. 1700 to represent how it became the Irish staple crop
    Scotland:
    • As with Tab911's suggestions, Moorland was added throughout Scotland
    • The Peak 1W of Edinburgh has also been changed to a Hill but with Iron instead of Coal - I reasoned that there was already enough Coal throughout the British Isles and it made sense to also allow for the export of the other "industrial" resource, albeit in lower quantities than Coal
    Coastal:
    • After re-checking the seafloor charts, I added a line of three Coast tiles to the west of Ireland
    • Likewise, I added a Coast tile on the Shetland tile as well as to its south - this makes settling Inverness or Aberdeen slightly more favourable, but only marginally so
    • I also added a Coast tile 1SW of (what I assume is) Rockall to represent the "Empress of Britain" bank
    • Finally, I changed the graphic for the Faroe Islands and Rockall as they appear much more brown than grey (or green) from space. If this doesn't look suitable, then the grey "tundra"-style Islands should work just fine too!

~

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I also changed the four northern Forest tiles in England to the new "mixed" graphic, sorry. This is solely based on my personal observations and so I would love to hear from someone with better sources than I!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    wololo, Krieger-FS, TJDowling and 5 others like this.
  14. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

But now Spain has now cows anymore. I think Spain needs at least 1 cow resource.

How else does Spain breed the bulls for bullfighting?

Krieger-FS, ozqar, 1SDAN and 2 others like this.
  15. ozqar

ozqar King

How could I forget??? Maybe they can be placed instead of the sheep near Barcelona, with some rearrangements. Or just add them cows south of Leon somewhere?

Krieger-FS, 1SDAN and The 13th Earl like this.
  16. hnrysml

hnrysml Warlord

I think ozqar's revisions to spain make it look right for the first time, especially in regard to city placement and resources. However, i feel the canary islands are too far north and east.. Tenerife is pretty much directly south of Madeira, and almost the whole length of the Iberian peninsular N-S south of Spain.

I understand that the scale of Europe on the map probably won't continue at the latitude of Saharan Africa, I think it's just important we acknowledge and are aware of such distortions

17. TJDowling

TJDowling Prince

Doesn't matter though because on islands smaller than x tiles you still get the full bonus for settling on a resource right?

1SDAN likes this.
  18. Steb

Steb King

Oh yeah that’s true. Never mind about the last part then.

19. The 13th Earl

The 13th Earl Chieftain

@ozqar I just wanted to say that I absolutely love your Iberia proposal! I had already liked what Tab911 had done with it but your rework is really very thorough - it irked me how Madrid was simultaneously on both the Tajo and the Duero but your solution corrects this in a very natural manner. I was initially worried that it would look odd to have the Pillars of Hercules displaced from each other by two horizontal tiles and that Morocco would need to also be expanded westwards to compensate. However, I actually think it looks fine as is as I find the diagonal arrangement looks very natural too!

As for the small number of suggestions I have, I would move the Pigs next to Madrid 1SW into Extremadura so that they appear in multiple BFCs and promote competition and I would also add Cows to the Grassland 1NW of Zaragoza. This isn't based on my knowledge of any particular agricultural centre but more because that is roughly in the area of Pamplona which is the site of perhaps the most famous "running of the bulls" festival. Finally, the Cordoba tile could be changed to Semidesert as it annually experiences some of the hottest temperatures throughout all of Europe but I also appreciate that it may be better to keep it as is for balance purposes.

@Tab911 While I generally like your proposed changes to the Baltic Coast and Eastern Europe and I am by no means an expert on the area, I definitely would add in at least one more Wheat resource in Poland "proper" and probably one more in Ukraine, either 1N of Lviv or 1E of Kiev. From what I know, the grain trade was immensely important to the economy of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and led to the rise of the noble "magnate" class, especially after the acquisition of the vast breadbasket lands of Ukraine. With all this in mind, I think it would be prudent for Poland to be able to be a Wheat exporter even when only controlling its core area and the Baltic Coast, then being able to export even more upon acquiring Kiev.

I appreciate that this is true but I would still rather the Sugar be on the middle tile of Hispaniola. While this is mostly just personal preference, I think it would add some more visual variance to the Caribbean and, although extremely sub-optimal, would allow for two cities (one Haitian and one Dominican) on opposite ends of the island competing for the same resource.

20. ozqar

ozqar King

I'm doing a European tour, come with me! Haha, I apologize for the extensive posting- but I like looking at things together, and since changes somewhere keep affecting elsewhere, I thought it was good to look at geography all at once.

Here's Iberia with the suggestions to move the pigs to Extremadura and to turn Córdoba to semidesert. About the cows, I looked that up, and just south of Leon is the most accurate place (highest bovine production), so I left them there instead of in Pamplona. As a disclaimer, other than adding the sheep and pigs to have Serrano ham and manchego cheese and the location of the cows. I didn't do research for any resources, so if someone wants to look that up, please go ahead.

Spoiler Updated Iberia: :
    Iberia w:Resources 190721.png

I looked at France and the Netherlands next, as I noticed France was a bit smaller than expected (to be in proportion to the rest of Western Europe). It was about 5 tiles short - not a big issue, but it's solvable and I think works better with a little expansion northwards. I moved the UK and Ireland one tile up to make room (Iceland needs to be moved a lot more North to be in its real position, btw, but I didn't touch it because of viking exploration route to the Americas). In this new position, the UK is actually better aligned with the north of France and with Norway, so the change is accurate. For France, I moved Brest 1N, and added some more tiles along the northern coast. I went through various options, I kept the one where the Cherbourg/Cotentin peninsula is represented leaving a little bay next to Rouen/Le Havre, and having a tile for the region of Hautes de France (ie, Calais). I considered instead adding a tile 1E of London (the UK looks better like that IMO), but decided against it because the UK was already larger than average and France was lacking tiles. I also considered not placing the Cotentin peninsula and instead making a smoother coast (ie, a straight diagonal leading to Amsterdam), but that looked a bit more boring. So these changes are mostly aesthetic, but they have 2 benefits: now France has its correct size and Paris can now move 1N to its correct position. I didn't add more canonical cities in central France, because there are no major cities there, but there's room for Tours or Orleans if wanted.

In the Netherlands, I added an extra tile SW of Amsterdam. The Benelux region was already its correct size, but this fits the coastline better and well, Holland can use the extra food. I made that tile marshes as the Amsterdam tile, they should both be automatically cleared at the same time, and replaced with flood plains. I also added floodplain tiles E and S of Amsterdam. I can't remember if
    Didn't look into the resources (we discussed before about potatoes and wheat, but it's not there yet).

Spoiler Expansion of France and the Netherlands: :
    France and Netherlands.png

For relief, I added hills to complete the shape of the the Massif Central, the Jura, Vosges, and just a bit of the Western slope of the Alps (not too much room available) and the north slope of the Pyrenees. 1E of Brussels I changed to hills to represent the Ardennes. I'll explain changes to Germany & Switzerland below, but this pic below marks the hills terrains for all these countries:

Spoiler Western Europe relief: :
    Western Europe Relief.png

Here's the UK in its moved position and also with Tab911's and The13thEarl's changes for terrain (the changes to moorlands in Scotland and Wales, and the peak to hill change in Scotland). I didn't change or update any resources. I moved the Southwest peninsula 1N just for aesthetic reasons. I like it better like that, but I also see the point of the other location. I don't feel strongly about it in either case. For city locations, I moved London 1S, because that's aligned with its position in real life compared to Amsterdam and Brussels (in other words, I shifter the landmasses, but kept London's location where it was originally).

Spoiler Changes in Great Britain: :
    Great Britain.png

And here's the relief map (although I made no changes here). Disclaimer: I didn't check anything related to Ireland. There were also some changes to the sea floor and islands before, which I liked, but didn't include here.

Spoiler UK relief: :
    UK relief.png

to be continued...