Dial Back The Paranoia Meter

I feel more free from the authoritarianism of the Bush Administration. Which was the original argument before you took the personal attack route.

I guess you are simply unable to give us any real examples aside from your 'feelings' on being more free. Remember, I asked you to answer the question with something more tangible than simply your feelings. You couldnt do it.

You'd be surprised on how wrong you are (and yet decided to take the personal attack route :rolleyes: ).

Asking you to give me an example of how you are more 'free' under Obama without commenting about your 'feelings' isnt a personal attack. I am simply pointing out your utterly inability to back up your arguement.

I'm not arguing for argument sakes and I am not complaining how my life sucks. Tell me, are you one of those people who believes "once a bad egg, always a bad egg"?

No, I believe that if a person complains in other threads about their situation as you have, then thats possibly how they feel.

And until you can give me something more tangible than a 'feeling', yes, you are arguing for arguements sake. It would mean about as much as me saying I 'feel' differently than you do. But I can give more evidence than my 'feelings' to back up my point.

No they cant, may I remind you. That you were the one (and another poster) were dictating who was a conservative and who was not.

Of course they can. /sheesh. :rolleyes:

My assumptions are not incorrect. Did I mention anything, ANYTHING, in regards to unemployment rate? No I did not. I made a statement that unemployment insurance clams were going down!

Did you offer a link to back up the claim?

But since you want proof your wrong here we go: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/initial-us-jobless-claims-rise-in-latest-week-2009-07-30

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- First-time claims for state jobless benefits crept up in the latest week, the Labor Department reported Thursday, but the trend of initial claims fell and fewer people were continuing to collect unemployment checks.

Initial weekly jobless claims rose by 25,000 to a seasonally adjusted 584,000 during the week ended July 25, about in line with economists' expectations. These claims are getting back to more normalized levels after going through a period of volatility related to automobile-industry layoffs.

Meanwhile, the four-week average of claims fell by 8,250 to stand at 559,000, the government reported. The average smoothes out one-time events such as strikes or weather-related incidents.

Economists surveyed by MarketWatch had been expecting claims to rise to a seasonally adjusted 583,000 in the latest week. See Economic Calendar.

At this time last year, claims stood at 442,000.

I made no mention of unemployment rate. Of course unemployment rate is steadily going up and I am well aware of that even before you posted that link. I know you are going to be smug about it and pull up a link to an article about a spike in unemployment insurance claims, I am going by the data before the spike happened when normally this is the season when auto plants shutdown and retool their plants, etc.

So, you were incorrect in your claim then.

Look buddy, I watch the news, I read the paper. Of course I do my homework.

Since I just proved you wrong again...maybe not.

I guess you are simply unable to give us any real examples aside from your 'feelings' on being more free. Remember, I asked you to answer the question with something more tangible than simply your feelings. You couldnt do it.
1. Less wiretapping to my phone
2. Less intrusive security checks

You said I could not do it, I guess I proved you wrong.

But since you want proof your wrong here we go:

Since I just proved you wrong again...maybe not.

Do you like proving people wrong? Does it give you joy? Must be good to have the biggest E-penis on the block. I'm sorry but I am never wrong, NEVER. I do my homework. What makes you think conservatives are right? Hmm? Pray tell what is it that makes them "right" and liberals "wrong"?

You've pushed me to the edge for the last time mobboss, you've really have gotten me very VERY angry with you. YOU know as much as I do that I hate being wrong.

1. Less wiretapping to my phone

Do you have proof your phone was ever wiretapped to begin with?

If not, then thats simply a zero sum change. Nothing changed at all.

2. Less intrusive security checks

How precisely? The airport security checks are still the same. What nebulous 'security checks' are you referring to?

You said I could not do it, I guess I proved you wrong.

No, you simply are reciting things that havent changed at all. I mean really...wiretaps?

No one is going to wiretap you civg. Or ever has. :lol:

Do you like proving people wrong?

Actually, yes I do. I enjoy it even more when people do it for me.

Does it give you joy?

Absolutely.

Must be good to have the biggest E-penis on the block.

When people resort to name calling you know they have lost the arguement.

I'm sorry but I am never wrong, NEVER.

Thats...actually kinda scary.

I do my homework. What makes you think conservatives are right? Hmm? Pray tell what is it that makes them "right" and liberals "wrong"?

This has nothing to do with conservatives vs liberals. Its simply about things being the same for the average person, from one administration to the next. Thats it.

You've pushed me to the edge for the last time mobboss, you've really have gotten me very VERY angry with you.

All I have done is ask you to prove your allegations and also about the inconsistency of your comments from one thread to the next. If they are unsupportable, be mad at yourself, not me.

Do you have proof your phone was ever wiretapped to begin with?
Pray tell, How does one provide proof of warrantless wiretaps?

Nothing changed at all.
How can I be sure that nothing has changed? Because I was told years ago that after 9/11 things were going to be different, more totalitarian, more Orwellian.

Actually, yes I do. I enjoy it even more when people do it for me.

Absolutely.
Why does it give you joy to beat your opponent down like a pulp and shut him out?

Thats...actually kinda scary.
How is it scary, I'd rather be right than wrong.

This has nothing to do with conservatives vs liberals. Its simply about things being the same for the average person, from one administration to the next. Thats it.
Funny how most of the "correct" articles and reports come from you. Even if it has a smidgen of bias (hence the reasoning behind the quotes in correct). This just based on observation.

Okay, it's rare that I agree with MobBoss, but I'd have to say his argument is much better than CivGeneral's, in several ways.

Of course, he does need to learn to capitalize CG's name right, so he'll stop being pissed off about that. ;)

Okay, it's rare that I agree with MobBoss, but I'd have to say his argument is much better than CivGeneral's, in several ways.
Gee thanks for the vote of confidence -_-. Even if MobBoss's arguments are a bit biased.

I don't agree with MobBoss's position, I just agree that your arguments are becoming crappy.

I'm ready for that redpill, I'm sick of being wrong all the time. Good bye tinfoll moonbat land.

I don't agree with MobBoss's position, I just agree that your arguments are becoming crappy.

And how in the world can I make em, not crappy? The next time an argument comes around.

There were more job losses per month in the last three months under President Bush than in the past three months under President Obama.

face it, the economy isn't as bad as you make it out to be

“Forty-five percent of Americans went without needed care because of costs in this country in 2007. That’s rationing. forty-nine percent of Americans cut back on their health care in the last year because of costs. That’s rationing. … As many as 22,000 Americans die each year because they don’t have health insurance. My brothers and sisters, that’s rationing.”

There were more job losses per month in the last three months under President Bush than in the past three months under President Obama.

Do you have any sort of data on that? Since I am interested to know.

Do you have any sort of data on that? Since I am interested to know.

Between October and November, 597,000 jobs were lost; between November and December, 681,000 were lost; and between December and January, 741,000 were lost.
Average Job Losses=673,000, Total=2,019,000

519,000 jobs were lost between March and April, 322,000 from April to May, and 467,000 May to June.
Average Job Losses=436,000, Total=1380000

Done

And how in the world can I make em, not crappy? The next time an argument comes around.

You could more specifically address his argument about how security is exactly the same, for starters...

Pray tell, How does one provide proof of warrantless wiretaps?

Precisely. You have no idea whether you were or were not subject to such a wiretap (most likely not subject to, but thats an entirely different discussion) thus there is no real change in your personal status between the last administration and the current.

Just face it, you may 'feel' better about things, but your life hasnt really changed any under Obama....and thats not that terrible of a thing to admit and come to grips with.

How can I be sure that nothing has changed? Because I was told years ago that after 9/11 things were going to be different, more totalitarian, more Orwellian.

Do you always believe what you are told? I stopped doing that when I was a kid. However, I can safely say my life hasnt really changed any at all from Bush to Obama, just like it didnt change that much when Bush took over from Clinton, and thats pretty much the same case for the vast majority of people out there.

Why does it give you joy to beat your opponent down like a pulp and shut him out?

Because I like arguing, and I like winning those arguements.

How is it scary, I'd rather be right than wrong.

Me too...however, I usually am able to admit when I am wrong. No one is ever always right.

Funny how most of the "correct" articles and reports come from you. Even if it has a smidgen of bias (hence the reasoning behind the quotes in correct). This just based on observation.

I got links and proof to back up my claims. You didnt provide a single link.

Thats because job loss has slowed and could be bottoming out. However, the unemployment percentage has risen sharply since Bush left office. Do you agree?

While I didnt make it out to be anything in this thread so far, I would say a near doubling of our unemployed is pretty bad. Wouldnt you?

Anyway, the thread isnt about the economy...its about security measures. Of which, its plainly been proven are reasonable and not overbearing at all. Case closed.

Just face it, you may 'feel' better about things, but your life hasnt really changed any under Obama....and thats not that terrible of a thing to admit and come to grips with.
It's a terrible thing to admit. It disrupts my whole world view that I have picked up from the liberal media when bashing Bush was all the rage.

Because I like arguing, and I like winning those arguements.
...and I hate losing thoes arguments! It ticks me off, BIG TIME.

Me too...however, I usually am able to admit when I am wrong. No one is ever always right.
For you, it's a rarity to see you admit that you are wrong

I got links and proof to back up my claims. You didnt provide a single link.
Be prepared for the shocker of a life time, because the next argument. I WILL provide links and proofs!

I'm kind of lost as to what you two are arguing about. Do you even know? Is it really worth it?

I don't know either. Something about terrorism and security. Clearly nothing important.

cat fight, haven't bet any money, but I'm trying to assist CivGeneral

MobBoss said:
Thats because job loss has slowed and could be bottoming out. However, the unemployment percentage has risen sharply since Bush left office. Do you agree?
define sharply? unemployment 1.6% since February

Top Bottom