Did Obama deserve his Nobel Peace prize?

Did Obama deserve his Nobel Peace award?

• yes

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • no

Votes: 110 91.7%

• Total voters
Some time has passed, and I think it's time for us to reflect on this more objectively hopefully. Some things have happened that may put into question whether he deserves it. Yes I do understand it was for 2009 and not 2011, but still I think it bears consideration. The man attacked a sovereign nation (Libya), and also launched an unauthorized raid into another sovereign nation (Pakistan) to kill a man in cold blood. Even in 2009 he was launching drone strikes into Pakistan. It may seem I'm being too harsh on Obama, perhaps I am. I actually believe no President deserves such an award. Every president has blood on his hands.

But I'm just curious about the poll results, and any discussion that may arise about the subject. It will be simple poll with only 2 options. If you aren't sure, don't vote. But surely any person can come up with some opinion on this subject.

In my opinion, no man who has blood on his hands should win this award. I would like to see someone who has never killed anyone directly or indirectly get the award.

Of course not. But then that was never the point. The point was that he wasn't Bush.

The wiki article mentions his stand against nuclear proliferation. I remember him making some good speeches about it. But I can't point to any examples where he actually prevented nuclear proliferating. It seems to be proliferation just as much as before.

yeah I could make a case for Al Gore too. He did some great stuff, but I'm not sure how that relates to peace.

Has any Nobel Peace Prize recipient actually earned i?

Yes.

Red Cross has won it 3 times, plus another for the founders. Nansen, and his organization for work with refugees each won it. Muhammad Yunus' a good example of a recent selection.

Using the military to kill people in itself isn't an action against world peace.
Isn't part of the official reason given in Nobel's will the abolition or reduction of standing armies? Destroying Libya's army seems like it fits right in :3

I think killing people goes against the whole definition of peace.

Objection, killing Albigensian scum goes with world peace because they were trying to cause the destruction of civilization.

Maybe the dang award was just to encourage the new President to acknowledge that unilateralism isn't the right policy for peace and stability in the International Community.

Top Bottom