DipNES04 - Uncertain Times

LightFang

"I'm the hero!"
I thought, you know, with Risk starting up again, I'd mod another one of these games.

Remember that if you don't know how to do anything in this game, you can always ask the GM, who will be nice enough to answer your questions. Things like proper order format, proper shorthand, and the like will be answered.

The Story

Spoiler: I was bored when writing this and none of this should be taken seriously at all.

After the rather strange events that befell the world thirteen years ago that led to Czar Niklas I and Sultan Azale I becoming the two dominant figures of Europe in 1909, the world settled into an uneasy peace.

The penguins watching over the world were surprised at what happened but had not interfered during all the time. Bizarre as it was, this was history! Even if America had disappeared for nine years. They had brought it back. Eventually. However, this peace would not last.

On December 24, 1913, the overlords, watching from space were suddenly and deliberately attacked by a rogue fleet of unknown species. The corsairs quickly overran all defenses and then had an idea of their own. They would reduce the country borders around the world suddenly and catastrophically.

Russia and Turkey see this as a loss, a loss they must rectify at once. The defeated powers all see this as a second chance. Spain and Norway see this as an opportunity to do something. And Italy, well, poor Italy never had any prospects ever.

It was the time to carve up Europe, once and for all.

An Overview
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplomacy_(board_game)

Rules of Warfare
http://www.diplomacy-archive.com/resources/rulebooks/2000AH4th.pdf

Special Notes
-Winged Units: Planes may cross both land and sea but may not capture supply centers.

-Icy Seas (Arctic Ocean): An extra space is inserted on the north end of the map called the Arctic Ocean. A unit in the Arctic Ocean may not be given orders during a fall turn. No unit may attempt to move into the Arctic Ocean during a fall turn.

-Difficult Passable Borders: Passage between Cordoba and North Africa and passage between Naples and Sicily is allowed by armies. However, such a move is made with a force equal to the number of supports (as opposed to one plus the number of supports). Note that fleets may not make this move and support cannot be given in this fashion. This form of movement is treated like a convoyed movement. An unsupported movement will have no effect on the destination province for the purposes of cutting support or banning retreats.

Order Recommendations
You don't need to follow these recommendations, but they'll make my life, and therefore yours, easier. These are just some things that you can put in your orders.

-Title: DipNES04 - Country - Turn # - Time
Example: DipNES04 - Russia - 1 - Spring 1914.

-Movements: If you're familiar with the board game, do it like that. If you're not, you can just dictate it. Things like A(Vie)->Gal; A Vie - Gal; A Vie -> Gal are all good.

-Statement of Intent/War Aims: Just a brief description of what you're going for and stuff. Makes the game interesting for me, since I can see all the backstabbing and stuff building up. Purely optional, but recommended. Plus, you know, seeing your goals on paper makes them that much more achievable. :p

The Cast
Austria: Erzherzog mythmonster2 Großherzog Sparrow 55
England: Prime Minister germanicus12 Prime Minister qoou King human-slaughter
France: Premier Consul Thlayli
Germany: Kaiser Neverwonagame3
Italy: Sovrano Justo
Norway: Konge dldnjstjr
Russia: Czar Warhead Президент России a_propagandist
Spain: Presidente Lord_Iggy
Turkey: Sultan Supermath Crown Prince Niklas

The Next in Line
1. qoou
2. human-slaughter

State of Affairs: Fall 1916 (Awaiting Movement)

Events Unfold: Friday, July 5, at 22:00 PST

Current Military Situation
Spoiler :

Political Situation as of Fall 1914
Spoiler :

Military Log
Update 1 - Spring 1914 Movement
Update 2 - Fall 1914 Movement
Update 3 - Fall 1914 Retreat
Update 4 - Fall 1914 Adjustment
Update 5 - Spring 1915 Movement
Update 6 - Spring 1915 Retreat

I'll take Germany. And may the best liar win!

wtf I was litteraly just thinking about making a dip nes in the future. Anyways put me down as a backup I may take whatever is left over.

Pleurer des rivières. ;)

Too bad le consul isn't feminine or I'd give you an accent grave. :p

Hey, Diplomacy! Claiming Turkey, unless someone else has it already.

Also, how often will orders be due?

How often do you think is reasonable? Once a week? We could go with once a week. Or once every three days. Whatever you like. I'm open for suggestions.

Also, we only have four countries left! We just need an Erzherzog of Austria, a Prime Minister of England, a Konge of Norway, and a Czar of Russia. :)

How about once per two days?

I fear that would punish people who happened to be busy over a two day interval. Plus, that may not give people enough time to think of diplomacy and to weigh offers against each other, especially if people who live in strange timezones like Niklas join.

I'll do it if a majority wishes for it though.

I prefer it if they were sooner rather than later, as I want to squeeze in as many turns as possible in before I have to leave for various summer stuff.

This is not like other neses. You will want to read how to play diplomacy.

yah with the added special rules.

Oh. Well, I've been spending the past few minutes reading the rules, and they are making almost no sense to me whatsoever. Can I get out of this game? Sorry to cause confusion.

You don't want to leave. You want to ask questions so you can learn how to play a very fun and exciting board game. :)

Allright, allright, sorry. Being up at night can make me flip-flop quickly. I'll try this out, and I'll just ask youse advanced people if something complicated comes up.

Top Bottom