discussion..Monoglians moving in our our land

Checking..would i present the question to SoS directly in the government pages? Or is that reserved for members of the government, not sure of the rules.

Anyone can post a request of any official. In fact, most officials would also be happy for folks to offer information like the who likes whom stuff that was asked about above. :D

Thanks, I will do that.

If we do decide on capturing Old Sarai, is it worth attempting to see what we can trade out of Genghis before we declare war? He offers sailing which might be useful.

we are assured of a trade before hostilities, but after we declare, there is no doubt that he'll be ticked at us and not willing to trade a thing

I have found you really have to hurt someone bad and have the capacity to hurt them worse in order to make a demand as part of the peace treaty. Taking one city won't do any more like it did in Civ3.

It looks like the discussion is strongly in support of War. So the question I would have, is when would we begin this war? When would we be "ready" for the war?

-- Ravensfire

Last report we had, comparing figures and armies was it looked like we could nab two cities andthen defend until we can sue for peace. At the very least we can not allow the mongols horses and iron. I too wonder when kickoff is? It seems we are waiting on turn chats and SoS to put the matter to a vote.

I dont see a need to poll right now so what I did is have a stop order in place to stop when the Mongolian city gets to size 2( if its in this turnchat) then we can evaluate our position and poll if our people are ready for war. regardless after this turnchat I can get a better feel for our military position.

The plan as of now is to take at least 2 cities, but if the Mongolians fall quickly we might push for more. We want at minimum to take the 2 cities located between the Abydos iron and Berlin and control the area from sea to the lake effectively splitting the continent in two except for a small portion near the south. We would control Mongolia's interaction with Bismark

The mongols do not have iron, copper or horses.

Where is the thread that tells when the next moves are?

There will be a thread in the top-level Democracy Game forum entitled 'Turn Chat Instruction thread'. Look for the one with the most recent date. It is usually stickied and appears at the top, but I think that the previous thread is stickied at the moment.

Basically we elect a bunch of people as 'Designated Players' (DP) each month (They are the ones who make the moves) and the next one in line posts this thread a few days before the turnchat. The elected officials reply with their instructions and afterwards the DP posts a brief summary of what happened along with some screenshots to keep us all up-to-date.

Note: the elected officials are only supposed to request what is wanted by the Citizens. We are supposed to inform them of what we want by making posts/voting in polls etc. It all seems a bit daunting at first (I only joined a couple of months ago), but if you keep reading the posts you'll soon pick it up :)

Top Bottom