DLC Modpack Repository

I am curious why there's only 7 religions allowed in my 12 civ game? For VP balance reasons? If possible, how can i increase them. It kind of handicaps your civ when you don't attain one. If you do not found one, but one becomes your majority religion, do you receive all the benefits?

Using jdude147's unstable SP 12-03.

The number of religion is limited by:
+ The number of founder belief
+ Half of the number of follower belief
+ The number of enhancer belief
+ The number of reformation belief
That's why the only civ that allow you to found "whatever happens" also allow you to take belief already taken.

In practice, lower caps are enforced depending on the world map size, in order for the "density of religions" to be approximatively the same whatever the map chosen.
(But you can modify it in the files)

If you didn't found are are following a religion, you get the pantheon (except the Celts ones), the follower and reformation beliefs, but not the founder and enhancer ones.
Capturing the holy city allow you to benefit from all the beliefs

All, I have the most up to date version of the game, installed the most recent version of VP (11-21-3-1)
followed the instructions from here: http://civ-5-cbp.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_Install#Advanced_Setup_Options

I also have autoinstalled the most recent VP version 11-21-3-1 (https://mega.nz/#F!DMsxkDYI!zSpR9CHpmAfWyIvMXaN3pw)
This created a UI_bc1 folder in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\ folder which I have deleted so as not to have a duplicate folder of the same name from the multiplayer modpack installation

There is only the fresh version of VP in the \Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS folder (there are older, non-VP mods but they are all disabled, so I assume those are irrelevant)
There is only one UI AND one UI_bc1 folder in the as provided by the multiplayer modpack in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\VP_2018-11-21_Magnus_Mutatio folder

I am setting up single player. The city screen production has nothing to display and keyboard control does not work.
The same error (apparently) is present when I am setting up a local network multiplayer session.

What am I doing wrong, please?

If the modpack includes the improved city view, you may need to set the Small Interface in the options screen (although this will not be required in future modpacks).

One thing that perhaps isn't clear, especially to those without experience of using a modpack, is that when using one it is not necessary to install VP at all. You can just put the modpack in your DLC folder and you're good to go.

I use this method to try out new versions without overwriting my current preferred installed version. And thanks to everyone who provides those modpacks!

This may just be the community patch and not the mod packs fault. I'm using the latest Moi Magnus mod pack, no other mods.

My partner and I play LAN and get crashes to desktop, no error messages, game just closes. Can happen to either of us, doesn't matter who's hosting.

It's pretty infrequent. Never seems to happen in the early game. It's mostly when lots of things are going on. Like war, so units moving/fighting etc.

However latest crash was when a particular dromon was moved, the solution here was leaving the dromon a few turns then it stopped crashing.

Can't pinpoint what causes it most of the time. We load a save when it happens, then save every turn. Try do something different, like not use a particular unit etc.

Does this game have crash logs? I'm guessing since it crashes straight to desktop without any error message that's a no.

Wondering if this is LAN/multiplayer specific, anyone getting these crashes in singleplayer?

Does anyone have a 12-18/hotfix modpack ready to go? I hate to ask, but the few times I've tried making one has been a disaster. Maybe @pza with your usual add-ons? Thanks in advance, and if not, Happy Holidays anyway.

Does anyone have a 12-18/hotfix modpack ready to go? I hate to ask, but the few times I've tried making one has been a disaster. Maybe @pza with your usual add-ons? Thanks in advance, and if not, Happy Holidays anyway.

thanks for asking, but im currently out of town, unable to create modpacks for a while.

on a sidenote... what if if we had a video tutorial on creating modpacks... would that help? is someone capable?

New Magnus Mutatio Modpack (temporary version, waiting for the update of 3rd/4th UC)

Link: https://mega.nz/#F!wD51kCZA!mDvrG789tTXkiJmuXdF0MQ
(Older versions: https://mega.nz/#F!NeBH1QqD!qQvb_hjPAWY6UuSWlP0_5w)

Content:

VP_2018-12-18_no_EUI:
  • Vox Populi without EUI (mods (1) to (5) and (6b))
VP_2018-12-18_EUI:
  • Vox Populi with EUI (mods (1) to (5) and (6a), and the EUI itself)
VP_2018-12-18_Improved_Interface: (Warning: "small interface" option required)
  • Vox Populi with EUI (mods (1) to (5) and (6a), and the EUI itself)
  • (ui) City-States Leaders for VP (v 8)
  • (ui) List Enhancements for VP (v 4.2)
  • (ui) Meaningful Colours (v 7)
  • (ui) Trade Opportunities for VP (v 8.1)
  • Calypso's Colored Religious Icons (Basic) (v 4)
  • InfoAddict (v 22)
  • Promotion Flag EUI (v 1.1)
  • Promotion Overhaul for VP (v 11)
  • UI - Filters in Trade Route Overview (Vox Populi) (v 1)
  • UI - Improved City View (Vox Populi EUI) (v 10)
  • UI - Promotion Tree (v 17)
  • UI - Religion Spread (Vox Populi) (v 1)
  • VP Promo Icons (v 1)
VP_2018-12-18_Magnus_Mutatio: (Warning: "small interface" option required)
  • Everything in the "Improved Interface" above
  • (7) Community Events (v 4)
  • (9) Wonders Expanded (v 2)
  • Unique City-States (v 3)
  • More Unique Components for VP (v 39) [except if you chose the "without_3rd4th_UC" folder"]

Last edited:
Whats the difference between this and the one in the "New Version" thread?

And if I just installed the new version, how to I install this modpack?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Ok I put the whole “Magnus Mutatio” folder in the DLC folder and managed to launch a game from the MODs game, but now I have 2 buttons at the top for each overview button.

Am I supposed to delete the installed VP from mods?

How do I launch a game etc?

Any help thanks!

Last edited:
Whats the difference between this and the one in the "New Version" thread?

And if I just installed the new version, how to I install this modpack?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Ok I put the whole “Magnus Mutatio” folder in the DLC folder and managed to launch a game from the MODs game, but now I have 2 buttons at the top for each overview button.

Am I supposed to delete the installed VP from mods?

How do I launch a game etc?

Any help thanks!
You have to get rid of the ui_bc1 folder in your DLC folder.

("ui_bc1" is installed by the auto-installer, but is also in my modpack so that you don't need the auto-installer to play. But if you have two version of it, it will less with interface)

Edit: I forgot to answer the first question. The New version thread is made by Gazebo each time he released a new version. But it is a "standard mod". You can't use "standard mods" in multiplayer games, and it is quite annoying to have to go to the main menu and enable them each time you want to play.

So the community then convert this new version into a "modpack", which is compatible with multiplayer, and don't need to be enabled.

I personally include in the modpack additional mods because I like them.

Last edited:
Hi,

here's another, albeit pretty basic modpack:

Vox Populi 2018-12-18_1 with EUI
  • UI - Filters in Trade Route Overview (Vox Populi) (v 1)
  • UI - Improved City View (Vox Populi EUI) (v 10)
  • UI - Religion Spread (Vox Populi) (v 1)
  • UI - Unit Path Viewer (v 10)
  • UI - Show XP in Military Overview (v 2)
LINK: https://ufile.io/bdmoz

Reactions: pza
You have to get rid of the ui_bc1 folder in your DLC folder.

("ui_bc1" is installed by the auto-installer, but is also in my modpack so that you don't need the auto-installer to play. But if you have two version of it, it will less with interface)

Edit: I forgot to answer the first question. The New version thread is made by Gazebo each time he released a new version. But it is a "standard mod". You can't use "standard mods" in multiplayer games, and it is quite annoying to have to go to the main menu and enable them each time you want to play.

So the community then convert this new version into a "modpack", which is compatible with multiplayer, and don't need to be enabled.

I personally include in the modpack additional mods because I like them.
Thank you so much that was a great explanation.

I honestly just wanted this modpack because I wanted flag promotions, but all the other stuff included has been really amazing!

Hi, could someone teach me how to remove one of the components from the modpack?

I wanted to remove the "meaningful colors" part, and thought I could just delete the folder but alas, it causes a graphical error without it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, could someone teach me how to remove one of the components from the modpack?

I wanted to remove the "meaningful colors" part, and thought I could just delete the folder but alas, it causes a graphical error without it.

Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately, you can't that easily. In fact, creating a modpack from nothing is easier than removing a part of the modpack.
However, creating a modpack is not that hard. The longuest part is to find all the mods you need. Then, following this proceedure:
https://civ-5-cbp.wikia.com/wiki/Creating_a_Modpack

I'm trying to stary up a game with some of my friends using Jdude's 9-25-3 modpack but I'm running into an issue where one of my friends crashes to desktop everytime we start from the lobby. There was one time where he got in the game but then crashed as soon as the turn rolled over. He seems to have installed the mod correctly and there's no differences in our DLC folders. Does anyone have an idea of what may be causing this? I can post logs as well as in one game I let him host and then I crashed when we started.

I've successfully installed the Magnus Mutatio modpack, but now that I no longer need to activate the CP/VP patches in the "Mods" menu, some other addons that depend on VP can't be enabled (for instance, Enhanced Naval Warfare is marked as "missing dependencies".

How can I fix this? Is there an easy way to include these mods on the modpack itself, or should I enable the VP patches in parallel to the installed modpack?

Is there an easy way to include these mods on the modpack itself
No. Well, creating a modpack is not that hard, but no easier way.
should I enable the VP patches in parallel to the installed modpack?
Don't do this. You should not enable a mod that is already in a modpack, it will cause a lot of problems.
How can I fix this?
Go into the modpack, in the Mods folder, and take all the mods you don't have yet, put them into your MODS folder, then delete my modpack, and you can enable the mods as usually without using the modpack.
Alternatively, learn how to create your own modpack: https://civ-5-cbp.wikia.com/wiki/Creating_a_Modpack

Top Bottom