1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DLC Modpack Repository

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

2. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

Hotox (https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/multiplayer-save-fix.27210/) made a temporary patch: https://mega.nz/#F!pKpTSQaR!8s7SR2RdgA1prXdwdUrjMA
    You need to unzip it in your DLC folder. It will automatically generate saves (like the autosave system) that are NOT bugged.
    1) It does not fix the save system. So manual save are as broken as before.
    2) It will flood your save folder because they aren't deleted automatically
    3) It is probably savegame compatible (not tested, so not sure): you can continue an old game (loading a broken save)

Hopefully, his fix will be added to the upcomming version in a more practical way.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    Omen of Peace likes this.
  3. DeadInTheWater

DeadInTheWater Chieftain

I'am curious Moi Magnus why you don't include Enhanced Naval Warfare for Vox Populi in your mod pack, as well as the other mods in jdude147's modpack that are not in yours?

4. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

For ENW, it is because it mostly is geared toward late game, and its been an eternity since I didn't get to play late game seriously. So recent VP changes to naval promotions and air combat are still "New" to me.

Going trough the list:
    Events and Decisions -> I'm planing to add that one once I've done at least one mid-game with it.
    Capture+++ -> I don't really like it
    Meaningful Colours -> I'm neutral on it. Previous version of modpack had it, the last version doesn't.
    Civic and Reform -> Same as E&D.
    ENW -> see paragraph before
    EE -> Makes the game longer. I'd rather play with more civs when I want longer games. (In fact, if I had the time, and if it didn't make the game crash due to memory problems, all my games would be with 43civs)
    Commander Influence Borders -> I didn't know this mod. Will test it.
    Grateful Settlers -> I don't like it.
    Local General -> I didn't know this mod. Will test it.
    Religious Settler -> I don't like it.
    Leadership Reformation -> Not convinced. I may give it a try after E&D and C&R
    Small Ressource Icon -> I didn't know this mod. Will test it.
    World Congress Reformation -> Not convinced (mainly by the fact that population give votes). I may give it a try after E&D and C&R
    Sumer and Israel -> I don't want to include an OP civ by mistake. And I'm not personnally fan of new civs.

5. Babybasher

Babybasher Chieftain

Late game, all my workers automated. Why do i get mega worker groups? Like 5-10 workers move exactly the same over the same tiles to the same place etc.

Also I've noticed sometimes cities don't refresh new turn. Like one turn my happiness could go from +50 to -50. I had to click each individual city to refresh it which put my hapiness back to an acceptable level.

Another take on that bug is cities only refresh when I scroll over them, no clicking, just gotta move the screen till a cities in view and I see the floating 'science, gold, culture' from it and my global happiness and gold changes.

Oh, and what's with disbanding/selling units not working!? Click it and nothing happens.

Surely other people have encountered all these things?

I play purely LAN with someone else if that matters.

6. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

Some of them should be reported here: https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues

Workers: please report on Github.

Note that the "refresh" thing is supposed to only be an UI problem: for performance reasons, the interface is updated in a lazy way.
    However, if it is more than just the interface (example: you effectively lose/gain money according to the non-refreshed interface), then it is clearly not intended.

Disbanding units: I think there is a rule saying "you can't disband wounded units". (to prevent you from disbanding a unit about to be killed, and denying the "yields on kill"). However, if it isn't what you are talking about, please report.

Some weird issues can happen if you're not the host of the LAN (for example if you action failed to be communicated to the host), but a report is still worth it. In the worst case, it will just be closed by a dev.

7. psparky

psparky Prince

I have successfully built modpacks using the guide on the wiki so thanks to all involved for that. I have some observations and a question:

1. I renamed the modpack to something like ABC_MODPACK and it stopped working (luckily I had already tried it before renaming and knew it worked). The errors indicated it was trying to update tables that didn't yet exist. I believe that the DLC is processed in alphabetical order so it's important that the modpack comes after the expansion folders alphabetically. I renamed it MODPACK_ABC and it worked again.

2. In the course of switching between modpacks and non-modpack games, I accidentally played with the EUI folder in DLC rather than in the modpack as recommended in the guide. It worked fine, and on reflection, I don't why it wouldn't. Is the recommendation just to ensure that all players in a multiplayer game have identical setups? Or do people believe it's actually needed (and if so, why?)?

3. I had an issue with UnitPanel_Small.xls because it's present in the 6a LUA folder but not used, because the MODINFO file says import=0 for that file. Now that the file is different to the base EUI version it needs import=1. Basically, the file doesn't get used when playing as a mod but does when playing with a modpack.

vyyt likes this.
  8. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

1) That's weird. You may be correct, but my first hypothesis would be that you didn't clear the cache by deleting the "cache" folder (It is advised when you change some stuff to clear the cache, while most of the time it doesn't change anything, sometimes it is the causes of weird bugs)

2) Not a problem. You need the EUI to be either inside or outside the modpack, but not both at the same time. Puting it inside is just more practical if you want to share it with other people.

3) Ok, weird. I'm making a bug report for that.

9. psparky

psparky Prince

Thanks for the reply.

I tried clearing the cache before starting Civ with the modpack renamed to AMODPACK and it still crashed before reaching the first menu. Database.log had many errors, mostly similar to this:

[4420.156] In Query - insert into Colors('Type', 'Red', 'Green', 'Blue', 'Alpha') values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?);
    [4420.156] In XMLSerializer while updating table Colors from file Assets\DLC\Expansion2\DLC\DLC_01\Gameplay\XML\CIV5Civilization_Mongol.xml.
    [4420.156] no such table: IconTextureAtlases

I don't think that this is a bug or a problem with VP, just a consequence of how load order works; It's just something for people making modpacks to be aware of. BTW I noticed several reports on the MPMPM thread about crashes after renaming.

Regarding the UnitPanel_Small.xml issue, the version in the 6a folder used to be the same as the one in EUI until some time last year, so it didn't matter which one was picked up. However now they are different. The MPMPM tool doesn't care about the import=0 so the latest version does get included and used in modpacks, but isn't being used when playing VP as a mod (it uses the one in the UI_bci folder).

I suspect that setting import=0 was a quick change to check things worked with the intent of removing the file later, but that got forgotten.

10. AlphaKappa

AlphaKappa Chieftain

Trying to create a new online game with this VP 1-29 modpack (no EUI) and it keeps crashing immediately. I'm sure I installed correctly.
    It seems as though I can make a single-player game or a 2-player online game just fine.
    It's after I try adding more players that the game crashes immediately before the first turn.

I've been using a 2018-11-21 modpack without this issue. Even reverted back to it and booted up a 12-player online game, no problem.

11. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

That's weird.
    Well, only halfly weird, since 2018-11-21 was indeed the last version where I had both the time and some friends free at the same time as me to play at 3 players online, so ...
    If you can make a bug report on github (https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues), that would be great.

12. iFlyAllTheTime

iFlyAllTheTime Chieftain

Hi, I posted a question on Reddit about this but didn’t get any reply. For some reason, with this modpack installed, I seem to have lost the default functionality that the enter key offers.
    By default, the enter key works as a general “next-thing-to-do” key. It lets you find the next unit that needs order, choose next research, choose production, etc.

However, now i’m able to use the enter key only for the next turn.

Any suggestions? Is this a known bug?

13. Babybasher

Babybasher Chieftain

Hey Moi Magnus.

I've been using your mod pack for a few months now. Always been the VP with Improved Interface version.

However I've recently tried the Magnus Mutatio pack.

I play soley LAN with my partner if this makes a difference.

We've played about 4 games since I put on the magnus mutatio pack, probably only about 5 hours or so. But I can't seem to find any of the new stuff in the games. Havn't come across any new city states. Havnt seen any new type of events.

I always have the events system enabled. Is there something else I gotta do to enable the new features? I deleted the old pack from both our DLC folders so it's only the magnus mutatio one there. I'm thinking I might have just got unlucky not seeing any new city states or not noticed new things. hmmm.

14. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

No idea about that, sorry.

Very simple check: when you select your civ in singleplayer, or look at the loading screen, is there 2 or 4 unique component per civ?
    2 -> I need to check the modpack I've uploaded to make sure I've not messed up something, and you need to check you didn't forgot to remove "improved interface" modpack in your DLC folder. You want to have only one modpack in your mod folder, otherwise strange things can happen.
    4 -> well, it means that at least this feature works correctly. The other ones are "more world wonder", that you should be able to see in the tech tree even in ancient era, "unique effect to city states" (the CS are the same, but their effects are no longer the standard effect of their type), and "community events" (which you would probably only notice in mid and late game).

15. Behner_Civ

Behner_Civ Chieftain

Thanks Moi Magnus and Hotox!

We've tried Magnus' latest VP version combined with Hotox's save mod and we're happy to report that the turn skipping does not occur with this mod combination! So it'd be great if Hotox's mod could be implemented into the next VP updates. One problem we've noticed is that - due to the nature of the games being automatically saved at the start of each turn - it means that messages from AI civs that happen at the start of the saved turn disappear upon loading the game, whilst the other notifications remain. So it's always better to play until no human civs have received communication from AI factions at the start of a turn. Perhaps a future release of the save mod could enable saving during a turn, so that all the things that happen during the turn can be successfully saved and the same turn resumed at a later point. But this is a minor gripe compared to the turn skipping error. So thanks again for this mod combination.

Just to let you know, we've also had several desyncs during the 100-something turns we've done so far in this latest version, but fortunately the desyncs do not seem to have altered any progress in the game and they're fairly infrequent.

16. swapoer

swapoer Chieftain

I think the original post should update for these mod packs, except the Magnus Mutatio.

The below list is basically a VP game with some UI improvement, which are very handy.
    CP-only
    VP without EUI
    VP with EUI
    VP with EUI, and more interface improvement

Most people stop here and never go into the 'Mods Repository sub-forum so they would easily miss these awesome DLC mod packs. For me DLC mod packs are more stablez. The game don't crash when I load a previous save game when I am already playing the moded game. It also save me time in waiting the game to create moded datas every time I play VP.
    The "VP with EUI, and more interface improvement" saves new players a lot of time in looking for good UI mods too! I spent a lot time searching civfan and steam for ease of use UI mods the first time I played VP.

17. maxf

maxf Chieftain

Is any way to play it with non-EN version of Civ V? I tried to replace Language_en_US to Language_ru_RU in *.sql files, but seems no effect.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  18. Babybasher

Babybasher Chieftain

Had a look and it shows 2 components:

https://imgur.com/a/LpCJzIG

https://imgur.com/a/cVke9Bb

I don't understand what you mean by removing 'improved interface' modpack? I've only ever used your modpacks. All I do is place the relevant folder into the DLC folder. Heres a screenshot of my DLC folder.

https://imgur.com/a/VB6VgCO

I've re-read installing a modpack, doing it all right. And the only additional advice for the magnus mutatio pack is to have events enabled which I do :/

19. Gothic_Empire

Gothic_Empire AKA, Ramen Empire

Teholb and dylansan like this.
  20. dylansan

dylansan Warlord

Is RCI inside the modpack? I believe that will work fine, but RCI should be modular enough that it can be added to the DLC folder in addition to a modpack, so if you didn't include it, people could still choose to use it if they wished (and of course they should ;)).

Gothic_Empire likes this.