• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

DLNESI - Godwin's Law: Preview

This will stay a European/North African affair for a few reasons. We're two first-time mods, so we don't want to overextend ourselves. I'll learn about writing updates and map making; we'll both learn about realism and how to mod and such. Plus, we want to keep things concentrated in two countries. You'll still get news about off-map events.

Ok. Thats good.

I agree with capital distinction (what with people not knowing where the capitals of some of the smaller countries are).

City placement: horrible. I don't see Paris ( :p ) at all, and some of the others I have only the vaguest of hunches about. Can't you look up some old be-citied map from a Warman or an EQ European-based NES?

City placement: horrible. I don't see Paris ( :p ) at all, and some of the others I have only the vaguest of hunches about. Can't you look up some old be-citied map from a Warman or an EQ European-based NES?

I was looking it off state.gov and eyeballing it. :p

The map from Warman was like weirdly perspectived, so I couldn't use it.

This map is weirdly perspectived, too. Based in a world that lacks a Paris and is ugly as hell.

I mean, to your credit, it's difficult to enlarge maps without it becoming ugly, but this is really just an eyesore.

Map + Paris, which I can't believe I forgot.

Edit: Also I realized I forgot lots of Eastern Russia and the lower parts of North Africa.

Dig the new resized map.

Retroactive deletion.

To start off:
Spoiler Symphony D.'s map cut to Europe :
Spoiler Symphony D.'s map's European cities against transparency :

EDIT: Transparency fixed.

Also, if either Der Moderator or Il Mode would give a list of cities to be displayed on the map, I bet that list of coordinates and the nice plotting-thing of Symphony D. could be put to good use, as opposed to manually erasing.

Der Moderator says: I'll need the players to confirm their positions. Bold means they confirmed.

Team Britain(8/13):
Germanicus
Fuschia
Azale
Thlayli
Lord Iggy
Kal'thzar (Chamberlain)
~Darkening~
Toltec
bestshot9
Silvara Thirrol
Shadowbound
a propagandist
j eps

Team Nazi(8/13):
das (Hitler)
JosefStalinator
The Strategos
Insane Panda
Dachspmg
flyingchicken
Crezth
Yui108
mr pwner
Nuclear Kid
silver 2039
DarthNader
Masada

Unknown(0/1):
carmen510

Total: 16/27 Players

@bestshot9: You've been moved to Team British.

Re: the map - German Silesia looks virtually nonexistent. Believe it or not, Germany actually controlled the Oder River back then. It's sort of important for that part of the war.

Der Moderator says: Final list of players. Team leaders, please take players' stats, compile, and PM to yours truly. And don't forget to bug Il Mode. :p

Team Britain(8):
Kal'thzar (Chamberlain)
Germanicus
Shadowbound
Azale
Thlayli
~Darkening~
Toltec
a propagandist

Team Nazi(8):
das (Hitler)
Dachspmg
flyingchicken
Crezth
Yui108
silver 2039
DarthNader
Masada

Team Nobody(1):
bestshot9

Total: 17 Players

I don't know which cities to put on the map. I sort of just put random cities on the map with a map. But I'll get a list of cities I included up...

@bestshot9: I guess you can go to your ambiguous POV for soldier stories.

@Everyone: Do we have any volunteers to spice-up/redo/better the map?

Top Bottom