1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DMI VI - The Mearas

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by ·Imhotep·, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Ralph_Jackson

Ralph_Jackson Emperor

Well as Imhotep says space may well be the way but Diplomatic is quicker and with Pholkhero having kicked off building the UN and with strong relations all round it seems distinctly possible and we can continue with Space as a fall back plan if necessary....

Well first milestone completes on turn 320 1900AD

We get a suitably themed event to keep interest up

I decide to go past 10 turns to see the election

Which we win with comfort and amazingly enough a few turns later we get

Here is your Just Press Enter winning save.

Great fun, Great game, (Thanks oh mighty builder) and a great team

:goodjob:

Ralph

Attached Files:

2. Meiz

Meiz Emperor

Oh... I see...

It was real fun to play this one! Thank you everyone, couldn't have hoped for a better team :D

3. Winth

Winth Warlord

Woaaaaahhh! Game, set, and match! :cool:

As my first succession game, I can't say I wasn't satisfied! Really, my eyes opened. I've never paid such caution to the minor things like in those 10 turns. Really entertaining game, and with a great, master Tolkien based theme. It was a pity that the spirit of the game lost a bit after the discovery of Gunpowder.

I was amazed by how many hours we spent on this single game. I opened some saves for comparisons, and before we went away from BC's, we spent about 15 hours... I sincerely don't know what kind of tactical masterplans were you planning. My longest game took me 5 hours, and BC's I cross with about 30 minutes on the timer. Wow.

Well, since I was the "black sheep", I can only ask how did I fare. :)

4. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

i think everyone played really well. this wasthe 2nd no metal game that imhotep's designd which i played in and both were with great teams! :goodjob: great fun everyone, and thanks for letting a tolkien newbie tag along! :D

5. ·Imhotep·

·Imhotep· Legendary Builder

Anyone of you in for DMI VIII (starting this week most likely) ? It will be another Tolkien based game, and of course with a map genuinely handcrafted™ by the Legendary Builder... :D

Kudos to the team, I have really enjoyed playing with you. Good effort from Winth too, for the first SG this was very well done. Now if you just could learn to crop your screenies...

Imhotep

6. njorls

njorls Prince

Great game everyone. The best named city goes to Pholkhero for Golem's Cave, and the fact that it's spelled Gollum just adds to the satire.

It was interesting, no metal/oil showed me how important those were. It would have been fun to romp everyone with Ethanol fueled tanks but diplomacy was the way to go, our diplomatic game was near perfect.

7. Meiz

Meiz Emperor

Sounds interesting :)

8. Ralph_Jackson

Ralph_Jackson Emperor

Definitely up for the next Instalment....

Ralph

9. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

although i would really love to, i'm trying to cut down on SGs and i've got a couple of mine that need to get started finally -- will lurk though.

10. Lucky1972

Lucky1972 Prince

:goodjob: Great game everyone! :goodjob:

Couldn´t check in earlier, I am going through a computer problems nightmare that never ends... Hope I can come back for more SG fun soon.

11. Winth

Winth Warlord

Two words:

1: Again, just to learn, how did these 20 hours of play came off? You tend to micromanage everything, or you just plan or think that long?
    2: My replay is crummed. First, on the place of Victoria, there is Mansa Musa's flag, and in the mids of 2500 BC, the screen freezes and due to 2050 AD no events, no nothing, is displayed on the right. Is it because that mod you have and I don't? :(
    3: My hovercraft is full of eels. Can you fix it?
    4: Can you fix anything I want?
    5: Who can lend me some money?

12. pholkhero

pholkhero Deviant Mind

I think someone sold you a faulty translation book ;) :)