DMI VI - The Mearas

@Meiz:

Pholk hasn't shown up at all since his router went down. Grab it and play please !

Imhotep

Research went Flight -> Refrigegeration -> Superconductors -> Rocketry -> Computers -> Fiber Optics (3 turns remaining).

Great Scientist and Great General were put to sleep in capital. We can start one golden age with Great Artist and wait for another GP for second golden age. Next player can do anything he wishes with GG :)

Here's one really nasty event. Other option was -4 pop and change to infect two other cities. Uhh :(

And then, Brennus and Pacal declared on Hannibal. This didn't look good on power graphs. Hopefully this doesn't affect our PA options even more...

So I made this deal later.

I settled filler city on our starting continent and captured this barbarian city. We have a settler ready to settle red dot.

And most boring info comes at the end ;)

hey guys, i'm back, adn able to play.

please slot me back into the roster, but not next, though. Give me some time to catch up on things here.

edit: actually, if you don't mind if can't play until tomorrow night, i'll take it. lmk.

The roster, Imhotep style:

Imhotep >> hereby known as "The Ent Bloodbrother";
Meiz >> JUST PLAYED, silver-tongued mediator and the patron of our culture.
Ralph "RJ" Jackson >> UP NOW, started the conquest of Ethiopia;
Lucky >> ON DECK, spoiled us with riches and invited Hinduism to our lands;
njorls >> secured the iron and effectively rushed through Ethiopia;
Winth >> chopped Zara's head off, had his cake and ate it smoothly;
pholkhero >> SKIPPED, we didn't lose the game with him in the crew. ;)

Actually pholk is up. After him the roster of Winth is in place.

@Meiz:

Did you use the GS for Standard Ethanol ? If not: :whipped: Next player should do so. Good call on the peace deal though, we definitely need Hannibal alive. But with that stupid war we're now #1 in soldiers again :wallbash: . One thing I noticed: If Brennus would sign a PA we'd win via Dom immediately. Stupid AI, I don't understand you :wallbash: .

Imhotep

Err, Pholkie just said: "put me back on the roster, though not next. I have to catch up". Did I misinterpret?

Err, Pholkie just said: "put me back on the roster, though not next. I have to catch up". Did I misinterpret?

"edit: actually, if you don't mind if can't play until tomorrow night, i'll take it. lmk."

·Imhotep·;6329295 said:
Did you use the GS for Standard Ethanol ? If not: :whipped: Next player should do so.

Nope, had we discussed this? IMO this game is already won so clearly (aside from variant), that corporations add just extra micro management. I would rather just start golden ages, but that's just me :)

@Meiz:

Standard Ethanol is not for money, but for Oil...I'd rather have Tanks and Bombers aside some Battleships than a crappy golden age...

·Imhotep·;6329565 said:
@Meiz:

Standard Ethanol is not for money, but for Oil...I'd rather have Tanks and Bombers aside some Battleships than a crappy golden age...

Oh yeah, totally forgot that. Next player should do this then.

I did start building wall street in other continent (city with buddhist shrine). We should either change the location of wall street or make our corporation headquarters there.

Well I am back (sorry for temproary absence). If I am reading things right I will play after Pholkhero, if not let me know as I can play Mon or Tue Night.

Ralph

So we're in a phony war with Mansa to try and get a PA with either Hannibal or Qin? Well maybe not a phony war but we want to prolong it? I've never gotten a PA before so I don't fully know the process.

Standard Ethanol: Aksum would be the best city to put it in (and put Wall St there) but the logistics may be difficult. Putting an airport in a nearby city would help get the corporate folks to the main continent better. Don't spread it to other civs please :)

Civics: I think US and Free Speech would be beneficial, we have a lot of towns.

So we're in a phony war with Mansa to try and get a PA with either Hannibal or Qin? Well maybe not a phony war but we want to prolong it? I've never gotten a PA before so I don't fully know the process.

As far as I know, PA needs certain amount turns of shared war or defencive pack. Haven't played much with this option.

The problem is that Mansa will capitulate soon. Shared war opens up the PA quicker, but a DP will be sufficient too once the war ends.

Welcome to the FUTURE!!

Well, I won’t say that I muddled through the set, but I played “positionally.” I’m not as sure as I should be on the PA mechanics, so I didn’t want to do anything to screw it up. Luckily, I did well enough:

This was four turns into my 10-turn set. I first sent the GS to Aksum for the corp. i like the airport idea; fits well w/the tolkien theme :D I also settled the GG at Helm's Deep for another 2 xp there, and triggered a GAge with the GArtists. I didn't see any mention of it anywhere, but I may’ve missed it.

I tried to build mostly commerce/trade route buildings in most cities, as well as some coal plants before I realized that 3 Gorges was being built :blush: sorry ~

I also renegotiated with Pacal:

And built a beautiful beach resort community:

Who love the celts:

I *hate* this mechanic. Any chance we’ll get a new patch from Firaxis, or is Civ 5 slated for next june?? Brennus declared on Hannibal, too, later.

Once we got the PA, I finished off Mansa on general principle:

We built and discovered some things:

But we got one odd message:

Another Elvis Impersonator:

And here’s where I left it:

basically, we just need to win now. i don't know if there's a chance that we'll lose it somehow, so i was sure how to proceed on a VC. The UN will be done soon; we could do that --

Attachments

• Thÿoden King AD-1890.CivBeyondSwordSave
    397.9 KB · Views: 63
Ok Got it,

Looks like great work Pholkhero,

Ralph

Mission accomplished! Nice work. Space seems to be the easiest way. We have great research and production capabilities.

We couldn't continue Apollo because Qin has built it already. Good work on the PA, but with all those friendly AIs it really was just a matter of time. Yes, Space is the way. Keep it coming, I don't see a way we could lose this. I'm really very pleased with the team effort here, great game so far ! I'm inclined to invite you all to DMI-VIII...

Top Bottom