DMI VI - The Mearas

:run: Pyramids! :run:

I want you to know that I am having problems with BTS (units do not show, city names do not show). I already reinstalled the game (I use steam, so I redownloaded) and the problem resists. I will keep you informed, I just hope I can solve the problem before I am up again.

"Open the doors ! The King comes forth !"

As Théoden stepped out on the terrace of Edoras, he beheld the sun rising swiftly over the rim of the world. The shafts stabbed down brightly, and all the land was glittering as a jewel set on fire. He took a deep breath and looked to the east. Suddenly he was aware of a man coming towards him.

"Sire, as you know we have defeated the vile Orc Queen. Yet remnants of her soldiers that could escape from the battlefield are roaming at our borders. They are loth to enter it because of the dread of our Knights, but still they might trouble our folk if they seek to leave our borders to search for new dwellings. What shall we do ?"

"Hunt them down, Ceorl. We need to find new places as our realm prospers, and your people increase. Marshall the Éored. Deal with em !"

"As you will, my lord !"

Meanwhile the Scientists of the Rohirrim were not idle. They were seeking eagerly for the discovery of a means that might give more peace to the cities lying far from Edoras where the King spoke his judgements. And they were seeking too for some hints of Eru Ilúvatar, the One, the mighty creator of Arda from which they had heard only rumors from afar. Yet there efforts were not wholly successful:

In the wake of the discovery of the Code of Laws a man was born in Edoras, one of the Great that shall do deeds worthy remembering. It is said that he shall be a mighty builder and will erect a building to surpass even Meduseld, the ancient hall Brego son of Baldor built to honour Eorl the Young.

As the ways were now for some time clear from raiding bands of Orcs the people left Edoras, seeking for new, fair dwellings. And they founded Methedras at the coast of the mighty sea. (I know, Methedras is a mountain rather than a city, and it is not situated in the north at all, rather it is near Dunharrow. But you can't have everything, and it is hard to find good names already ;) ).

The roving band of Orcs had founded a stronghold to multiply again. They were driven out by Gamling the Old and his soldiers from Westfold, yet it did cost two of his men their lives.

The realm is in good shape. Have fun.

Imhotep

P.S.: I played 20 turns as there is not this much to do now. We should fill the remaining city spots now ASAP as we have courthouses available. Next turn Helm's Deep will build the Hanging Gardens, and I've started Chichen Itza just for fun at Edoras. Civil Service is available in 2 turns, then we should head for Literature and pick up some more wonders. After that it should be Calendar => Optics for Caravels and some exploring !

Spoiler The Log :
Reminder: On Turn 135, stop playing
Helm's Deep grows: 6
Helm's Deep's borders expand
London finishes: Barracks

IBT:

Turn 116/500 (25 AD) [28-Nov-2007 13:23:59]
Eastfold begins: Market (25 turns)
A Cottage was built near Edoras
While attacking in the wild, Horse Archer defeats (6.00/6): Barbarian Warrior (Prob Victory: 99.1%)
Edoras grows: 8

IBT:
Confucianism founded in a distant land

Turn 117/500 (50 AD) [28-Nov-2007 13:25:33]
A Mine was built near Eastfold
A Pasture was built near Dunharrow
Whip anger has decreased in Edoras
Tech learned: Code of Laws
Edoras grows: 9
Aldburg's borders expand
Eastfold grows: 7
Dunharrow grows: 2

IBT:

Turn 118/500 (75 AD) [28-Nov-2007 13:26:30]
Research begun: Sailing (2 Turns)
George Washington Goethals (Great Engineer) born in Edoras
Helm's Deep grows: 7
Helm's Deep finishes: Stable

IBT:

Turn 119/500 (100 AD) [28-Nov-2007 13:27:38]
Helm's Deep begins: Courthouse (5 turns)
Tech learned: Sailing

IBT:

Turn 120/500 (125 AD) [28-Nov-2007 13:29:21]
Research begun: Mathematics (5 Turns)
A Cottage was built near Edoras
A Cottage was built near Aldburg
Edoras finishes: Market
Eastfold grows: 8

IBT:

Turn 121/500 (150 AD) [28-Nov-2007 13:30:06]
Edoras begins: Settler (6 turns)
Helm's Deep grows: 8
Aldburg grows: 6
Dunharrow grows: 3

IBT:

Turn 122/500 (175 AD) [28-Nov-2007 13:30:43]
Helm's Deep finishes: Courthouse

IBT:

Turn 123/500 (200 AD) [28-Nov-2007 13:31:37]
Helm's Deep begins: Archer (2 turns)
A Farm was built near Dunharrow
A Farm was built near Aldburg
A Hamlet was built near Aldburg
Dunharrow's borders expand

IBT:

Turn 124/500 (225 AD) [28-Nov-2007 13:32:00]
Tech learned: Mathematics
Edoras's borders expand
Edoras finishes: Settler
Helm's Deep finishes: Archer
Aldburg finishes: Market

IBT:
Christianity founded in a distant land

Turn 125/500 (250 AD) [28-Nov-2007 13:33:04]
Research begun: Civil Service (14 Turns)
Edoras begins: Lighthouse (2 turns)
Helm's Deep begins: Aqueduct (5 turns)
Aldburg begins: Courthouse (5 turns)
A Cottage was built near Dunharrow

IBT:

Turn 126/500 (275 AD) [28-Nov-2007 13:34:59]
While attacking in the wild near Ligurian, Horse Archer defeats (5.16/6): Barbarian Warrior (Prob Victory: 99.1%)
Persepolis founded
Methedras begins: Monument (30 turns)
A Farm was built near Eastfold
Edoras finishes: Lighthouse

IBT:

Turn 127/500 (300 AD) [28-Nov-2007 13:36:53]
Edoras begins: Work Boat (2 turns)
A Pasture was built near Methedras
While attacking in the wild near Dunharrow, Immortal 1 of Edoras (Immortal) defeats (2.20/4): Barbarian Archer (Prob Victory: 94.1%)
Edoras finishes: Work Boat
A Hamlet was built near Edoras
Aldburg finishes: Courthouse
A Hamlet was built near Eastfold
Dunharrow finishes: Granary

IBT:

Turn 128/500 (325 AD) [28-Nov-2007 13:37:58]
Edoras begins: Chichen Itza (14 turns)
Aldburg begins: Lighthouse (3 turns)
Dunharrow begins: Courthouse (9 turns)
Immortal 1 of Edoras (Immortal) promoted: Combat III
Edoras begins: Work Boat (2 turns)
Archer promoted: City Garrison I
Helm's Deep finishes: Aqueduct

IBT:

Turn 129/500 (350 AD) [28-Nov-2007 13:39:15]
Helm's Deep begins: The Hanging Gardens (7 turns)
While attacking in Barbarian territory at Ligurian, Immortal defeats (2.08/4): Barbarian Archer (Prob Victory: 87.7%)
A Fishing Boats was built near Edoras
Edoras finishes: Work Boat
Aldburg grows: 7
Aldburg finishes: Lighthouse

IBT:

Turn 130/500 (375 AD) [28-Nov-2007 13:40:25]
Aldburg begins: Settler (7 turns)
A Mine was built near Methedras
A Cottage was built near Dunharrow
Eastfold finishes: Market
Dunharrow grows: 4

IBT:

Turn 131/500 (400 AD) [28-Nov-2007 13:41:07]
Eastfold begins: Courthouse (6 turns)
A Mine was built near Dunharrow
The whip was applied in Eastfold
A Hamlet was built near Aldburg
Eastfold grows: 6
Eastfold finishes: Courthouse
Dunharrow finishes: Courthouse

IBT:

Turn 132/500 (425 AD) [28-Nov-2007 13:41:49]
Eastfold begins: Lighthouse (5 turns)
Dunharrow begins: Library (13 turns)
A Village was built near Edoras

IBT:
Taoism founded in a distant land

Turn 133/500 (450 AD) [28-Nov-2007 13:44:11]
A Cottage was built near Methedras
A Farm was built near Dunharrow
Eastfold grows: 7
Methedras finishes: Monument

IBT:

Turn 134/500 (475 AD) [28-Nov-2007 13:44:54]
Methedras begins: Courthouse (15 turns)
A Fishing Boats was built near Methedras
Eastfold finishes: Lighthouse

IBT:

Turn 135/500 (500 AD) [28-Nov-2007 13:45:34]
Reminder: stop playing
Eastfold begins: Galley (5 turns)
A Cottage was built near Methedras
While attacking in Barbarian territory at Ligurian, Immortal 1 of Edoras (Immortal) loses to: Barbarian Archer (0.93/3) (Prob Victory: 75.7%)
While attacking in Barbarian territory at Ligurian, Immortal defeats (2.68/4): Barbarian Archer (Prob Victory: 96.7%)
While attacking in Barbarian territory at Ligurian, Horse Archer defeats (6.00/6): Barbarian Archer (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
Captured Ligurian (Barbarian)
Razed Ligurian
Ligurian lost

I think we should try and generate Great Scientist ASAP for an Academy. Also, we can use him to research Optics, but we must delay Civil Service (I don't know if that slingshot still works in BTS), because Scientist will want Paper after CS.

And... OMG, who's this guy with that skyrocketing commerce? I think he is isolated. We NEED to expand and lie cottages.

@Winth:

Burning a Scientist on Optics is utter waste. No, we should use our Scientists for Academies and save one for bulbing part of Education.

Too bad about losing Confucianism by 1 turn. Great luck about getting GE over Gspy though.

For research I like finishing CS then Optics to meet the rest of the civs. No metal may make invasions difficult, but we can always wait for gunpowder units.

Time to settle the rest of our land, organised + cheap courthouses = city spam time.

Great Tolkein references, I can see you know a lot more than I do (never finished Silmarillion, it's too boring)

Too bad about losing Confucianism by 1 turn. Great luck about getting GE over Gspy though.

Exactly what I thought.

For research I like finishing CS then Optics to meet the rest of the civs. No metal may make invasions difficult, but we can always wait for gunpowder units.

Never underestimate the power of siege !

Time to settle the rest of our land, organised + cheap courthouses = city spam time.

Exactly.

Great Tolkein references, I can see you know a lot more than I do (never finished Silmarillion, it's too boring)

On the contrary. The Silmarillion is great. It makes the LotR much more enjoyable as it really brings some deeper soil to it. I love it ! And DMI VII will be based on it, I already have a great setup in my mind :) .

I think in some situations, a tight tech race to liberalism say, where a builb would be a great move, but I agree w/imhotep. bulbing optics might be a waste of a GS at this point.

I'm all for expansion, but we've got a nice island that needs to be filled up, thus saving us colonial expenses.

We definitely need Optics sooner rather than later, but i think the amount of beakers for that vs. the amt we'll get from an academy or settled GS will outweigh that.

OK, OK, don't look at me like that. It's a nice way to get Astronomy at BC years, but it's certainly not suitable right now.

King Théoden looked upon a massive garden, full of green and life. Then he walked to stone pillar near the entry and finished the last bright golden letter. A simple line but it had a great impact on Théoden.

"In memoriam of Elfhild, Queen on Rohan."

He stood there silently for what seemed to be a eternity and finally placed a small red rose to the ground.

Théodred walked beside him and Théoden looked at him. "Your mothers beauty surpassed evertyhing in this world and leaves this garden to it's shadow."

"But it will allow people to remember her forever." Théodred replied.

People around the world were attracted by the beautiful garden and other wonders of Edoras. Streets were full of life these days and already another pyramid building, Chichen Itza was starting to rise in horizon. This was a great inspiration to many and it didn't take long for great academies being founded.

One day council brought up a discussion about late population boom. It was agreed that Rohan empire was starting to slow it's growth with so many mouths to feed. And so King Théoden in his wisdom halted construction of Chichen Itza and ordered a massive colonization. Large groups of young men, women and their children were assembled in a few years. They travelled to east and started small settlements, future cities of Rohan.

Engineer rushed the Great Library and Scientist built an Academy. Moai Statues were built in ex-London.

Research was Polytheism -> Aesthestics -> Literature -> Metal Casting -> Machinery.

Who's up? Am i??

edit:
no ~

Imhotep >>
Meiz >>
Ralph "RJ" Jackson >> built Helm's Deep with the hands of giants but UP NOW
Lucky >> scouting master
njorls >>
Winth >> made a good stand at his first 20
pholkhero >>

Remember that city signs are just suggestions. Easier to illustrate with pic rather than words. And so, up to debate :)

Yes, I can take it.

I spent 3 days to learn about the "show bare map" button :hammer2:, the game is working fine. I will take a better look at the save now and post some thoughts later, before playing. If RJ shows up in between and wants to claim the save it is fine.

Top Bottom