Do you wash new socks before you wear them?

Do you wash new socks before you wear them?

• Yes

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • No

Votes: 69 86.3%

• Total voters

ummmm........

Extremely normal.
When you buy a new pair of socks, do you wash them before you wear them? What about other articles of clothing? Why or why not?

No, hahaa, good question thou, as i always wash new clothes, jeans, underwear and every other stuffs except socks... hmmmm...

Ramius75 said:
No, hahaa, good question thou, as i always wash new clothes, jeans, underwear and every other stuffs except socks... hmmmm...
Why do you wash them? I never wash new clothes, makes them loose that new look and feel :(

No, cleanliness is unimportant to me.

No, of course not. AFAIK people don't go and try on socks. However, I wash any new pants and shirts I get because people might have tried them on.

Nope...

don't wash anything I buy that's new...

MattJek said:
Why do you wash them? I never wash new clothes, makes them loose that new look and feel :(

becoz, someone might had tried the clothes b4 in the fittng room. or there might be some chemicals/dye awaitng to be wash off also.

im paranoid. :blush:

Ramius75 said:
becoz, someone might had tried the clothes b4 in the fittng room. or there might be some chemicals/dye awaitng to be wash off also.

im paranoid. :blush:
That's why I buy organic hemp socks. :)

I think it's official, Popo. You're sock washing habits are weird.

Hah! You're smilies can't harm me here :hammer:

Nope. And I really don't wash new cotton shirts. Those feel awesome right off the shelf!

I do wash collared, button-down dress shirts first, though. Need to get the wrinkles (and pins!) out before wearing them.

Nope, they're in a plastic package. I wash new shirts before I wear them, and usually pants, but not socks. Why would you? They haven't been opened since the textile factory, so it's not like they're dirty, or people have been trying them on or something.

I only wash sheets, everything else I put on right away.

No: I dont know about you lot, but I buy my socks in menswear shops where I can be certain that noone have used the pair that I buy.

In fact, unless I am terribly mistaken, you are not allowed to try on a pair of socks. Also, the socks are ranged in size, like say 40-43, 44-46, etc, thus you need not be worried about fitting, since there should be enough stretch in a sock for it to expand to fit your foot.

Anyway, this is a silly thread.

But I wash:

-towels and linnen, depending on packaging.
-t-shirts, if I can safely assume that they have been tried on (not dependant on where I bought them, but to some extent depending on packaging, since it is possible to buy say Lacoste t-shirts in plastic wrapping.)
-same with shirts, if they are not wrapped in plastic or come brand new in a box (depends on store, but where I usually buy my Melka and Van Heusen shirts, they come plastic wrapped)

I dont wash:
-jeans/throusers - nope. dunno why.

Paalikles said:
I dont wash:
-jeans/throusers - nope. dunno why.

dont u think they are the products that MOST ppl will try on ?? Even trying to squeezed themselve into tight jeans ?? And the one with MOST contact with human ??? :eek:

Yes, but for some reason I dont care :crazyeye:

Top Bottom