Doom!! Doom!! Doom!!

Hmm, never heard of Doom.

CivGeneral said:
Hmm, never heard of Doom.

damn, that post made me feel old :(

Anyway, I just hope that the movie's better than the books. I once bought the first book (Knee-deep in the Dead) and it was absolutely horrible, basically it was as if somebody was standing behind a guy who played Doom, and wrote down everything that happened on screen :lol:

I'm afraid the movie will be a simple, pathetic action-packed regular show, with nothing from the oppressing atmosphere from the game, except a bit of gore and crazy-designed monsters to pretend to be frightening.

But I'd like to be proved wrong :D

Ugh......just ugh. They could of stuck with the supernatural devil thing but nooooooooooooooooo had to change to be like resident evil. Geez whats next have it take place out side the solar system? Oh wait they did that too

not...uh...mario brother, wait no.

Maybe House of the Dead or Resident Evil? no, damn.

hmmm, maybe Double Dragon or street fighter? no

I guess that leaves Mortal Kombat and Laura Croft, which are...okay

BasketCase said:
Movies

based

on

video

games

are

BAD!!!!!!!!
Oh and what's wrong with Tomb Rader? :mischief: (though I never seen it ;) )

Another stupid movie with stupid actors and stupid story.

If theyre going to make a movie loosely based on an old ID game, Id rather see one about Quake III Arena.

Bozo Erectus said:
If theyre going to make a movie loosely based on an old ID game, Id rather see one about Quake III Arena.

I want to see the resurrection of Heinrich I in Return to Castle Wolfenstein (the movie) :evil:

No to mention the Nazi killer-babes.

CivGeneral said:
Having seen the second one, and played the first two games (the only two that got the formula right), I can testify that only one thing was RIGHT about the movies.

And she was a serious hottie...... :D

Trooper, I used to love RTCW, havent played in ages. Now that Im hooked up with a decent video card again I'll have to buy it again (my old cd looked like the surface of Europa and was unuseable). Yeah that would be a cool movie too:thumbsup:

CivGeneral said:

i hated tomb raider. 2 hours of fake boobs. works for some, but i found it boring

Why is there more than one actor? I don't recall ever meeting someone while playing Doom.

I think the actual Lara Croft character in Tomb Raider was hotter than Angelina Jolie in the movie. Not that Angelina doesn't have excellent qualities of her own... ;)

Doom 3 is supposed to be pretty freaking scary. If they can make the movie work like that, have the kind of jump-out-of-your-seat shocker ambush scenes in abundance, it might not be too bad. If they got a bunch of guys running about with a corny dialog then of course it will suck.

Best way to make this: 90 minutes, one guy, all on his own, working through a satanically sinister infrastructure that would make Freddy Krueger himself shudder. They did this well in Alien, Sigourney Weaver was on her own for a while in that one. Something like that, jumped up by 10X in scare and shock power.

Top Bottom