1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Download Latest Version

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by deanej, Aug 26, 2008.

1. dusckr87

dusckr87 Prince

You can install the 3.25 patch over previous patches, or over 3.0. 3.25 contains everything from 3.11 and fixes bugs from 3.23. If you are keeping copies of the patches for later installation, keep only 3.25.

2. Kevindm

Kevindm Chieftain

ok, thanks......that's what i thought, but i was not sure...

3. Ooiue

Ooiue Chieftain

the Xindi Attack, i was thinking, could you make another similar scenario on that version of it about when Enterprise goes back in time in the expanse? itd be great idea methinks :)

4. Winter Warrior

Winter Warrior Chieftain

In case you haven't noticed, I made a recent bug report on the Star Trek mod's development forum. It's gamebreakingly severe, so some sort of a hotfix would be brilliant. Just so I could play the mod until 4.0 comes out.

Also, the founding of religions isn't really logical in the current mod version (can't found warrior's code as klingons etc.), so check that thread also.

Thank you for making one of my favorite mods of all time.

Edit: Here's a link to the savegame with the independent ships bypassing defences bug.

http://rapidshare.com/files/407590256/Rexor_I_AD-2362-July.CivBeyondSwordSave

5. jfby

jfby Warlord

I've played a lot on 4.xx (latest release) and this game is truely awesome. It is the best Star Trek game available and provides a very unique experience.

My only complaint is that with the Borg there really is no way to currently have a 'balanced' game. In my opinion if they could be only slightly powerful until Light IV or even V is developed. To prevent them from getting beat down early on they could have ships that are very powerful on defense but more moderate on offense, and then when they get there Light IV or V then really crank up the power.

Another option would be a Borg type scenario where you can develop without their presence and then when the final Civ develops saucer seperation they spawn as a new Civ with a small fleet and they grow from there, or a scenario using the galaxy map with random events that could act as the Borg infiltrating deep into random areas of the map, and they could also have victory locations within the other Civ's territory.

Just musings really, I'll play with them turned off for a more balanced approach and then turn them on for a more risky game.

6. deanej

deanej Deity

Actually the Borg might be a harder civ now, but we'll have to see how the new rules work in practice. The AI isn't aware of them, so I expect a less effective AI. The extra starting techs are so you don't quickly fall behind and can easily be removed if they're too much (though Warp 5 Ships and Subspace Corridors will remain; the former is essential, the latter is because they really should have the tech).

7. Trajan7

Trajan7 Imperator

There seems to be a bug, where you can't select any of the commands for a unit.

8. deanej

deanej Deity

9. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

That can happen, if a .nif of a unit is missnamed and doesn't match the .kfm.
    Should normally throw a python exception (if activated).

10. deanej

deanej Deity

4.0 is out! I've changed the host to WePlayCiv and we have an installer, so hopefully download/install questions are a thing of the past.

With this update Star Trek is officially done. I'll keep monitoring the forum and bug/balance fixes will be released if needed, but at this point no more updates are planned. If you want to keep up with my modding work I refer you to Remnants of Altrea (link in sig).

11. TC01

TC01 Deity

Congratulations!

And I'm glad you finally added an installer.

I need to update Wormholes to 4.00 when I have some time- in about a week.

12. Admiral_Rockso

Admiral_Rockso Chieftain

For some reason i cannot download the file, the web page said it cannot load or something.

13. deanej

deanej Deity

There's some bug at WePlayCiv that it can't deal with files over 500 MB. I'm currently waiting on a couple tech support contacts before uploading to an alternate site (I'd rather not have to if possible... I'd like to be beyond the hosting issues).

14. Admiral_Rockso

Admiral_Rockso Chieftain

It says file not found.

15. deanej

deanej Deity

That's what I get when testing as well. Someone else got this:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error..

16. Admiral_Rockso

Admiral_Rockso Chieftain

Well, i took off from work when i found out 4.0 was done, no pressure or anything. I am really looking forward to playing it. *twitch* Let us know when it's good to go pretty please!!!!

17. Cmcastl

Cmcastl Prince

Deanej, when I click on the site after going to the first thread for the d/load I get a msg saying the site is down! :(

Live long and prosper.

18. deanej

deanej Deity

I've added an alternate for now; I really hoped I'd be beyond the hosting issues! Guess I was hoping for the impossible. :(

19. Admiral_Rockso

Admiral_Rockso Chieftain

Whooo, downloading now!

20. Cmcastl

Cmcastl Prince

Downloaded and playing! Many thanks, mate! :)

Live long and prosper.