1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Download Latest Version

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by deanej, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Trajan7

Trajan7 Imperator

Is this a complete installation?

2. deanej

deanej Deity

3. apenpaap

apenpaap Tsar of all the Internets

4. Trajan7

Trajan7 Imperator

A wonderful April fools day joke. One of the many resones why I dislike April Fool's day.

5. Praylak

Praylak Chieftain

Just started playing this mod only recently, and I must say its very good. Looking forward to updates and the new version. Great work people, and thanks for sharing it.

6. deanej

deanej Deity

Well, now 3.0 is out for real this time. It'll probably be the last FileFront release, given that FileFront has a 600 MB limit and this file is close to that. Link on the first post.

7. TC01

TC01 Deity

I downloaded it, however I get an "archive is corrupt" error message when I try to open it or when I try view it with 7-zip.

Don't have time to re-download it now to see if it was just a corrupted download.

8. os79

os79 Deity

! C:\Users\OS79\AppData\Local\Temp\StarTrek3.00-1.zip: Unexpected end of archive

This is what I get after I downloaded 3.0.

9. deanej

deanej Deity

Great; can't I ever upload something without it getting corrupted during the upload? I'll have to try again tomorrow; I don't have four hours to spend uploading it again right now.

10. rxformula91

rxformula91 Chieftain

I was able to get a perfect download without problems into my computer... but I had to use bitcomet or I suppose any download manager to download it cause 8 times through the browser it stops download about 40% through. But I got a file download tested 100% working using 7zip and winrar.

On a side note, I don't know if I am doing anything wrong though cause I had to completely take out star Trek 2.38 and then put in 3.0 for it to not stall when loading the game map.

Thanks for the release, I've been waiting for it for a while now.

11. os79

os79 Deity

After the post above, I tried again recently, and it successfully downloaded. Apparently, FileFront have periods of being grumpy and periods of being nice :). I stumbled on that period of niceness :lol:.
    Thanks. Looking forward to seeing this merged with necessary parts of Final Frontier Plus for even faster play :).

12. deanej

deanej Deity

13. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Nice one, deanej! :goodjob: (And a pity about the earlier hold-up...)

14. Praylak

Praylak Chieftain

Only 160 turns in, but so far no problems. Thank you for the new version, I'm really enjoying it. The music sounds really cleaned up, did they get resampled or am I just hearing things?

15. deanej

deanej Deity

It's probably the fact that the Faith of the Heart piece I took out of the soundtrack was never liked by civ.

16. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

Heh. Even Final Frontier doesn't like the Enterprise music :)

17. deanej

deanej Deity

Not just Final Frontier, civ itself. The mod has had to deal with it since the music was first added in (which pre-dates BtS).

18. TC01

TC01 Deity

It occured to me that since you are now distributing everything in an "Assets" and a "Mods" folder (both subfolders of the BTS main directory) you could create an executable installer. And people are apparently still having difficulty installing, so that might be a good thing.

I set up an Inno script to build an installer (using the icon I made for FF+). It appeared to work, but since I had already installed Star Trek I'm not sure. It certaintly didn't mess anything up.

I've attached the script and icon file, if you're interested.

Attached Files:

19. Pablod

Pablod Warlord

full mean the we have to delete the old startrek mods

20. deanej

deanej Deity

I don't think you have to, but it's probably a good idea - there's one change that won't happen if you don't (but it related to getting the main BtS concepts back and is minor) and one person said they needed to to get it to work.

@TC01: Thanks, that is on the agenda for 4.0 and I considered it for 3.0 but didn't want to delay the release any while I looked into it. I may or may not release an installer version - depends on how many people have issues.