Dumpster Fire Discussions

This really is one of the worst ideas for a thread I ever saw. It diminishes valid discussion literally from the get-go (the title).
How would comparing Russia's invasion of Ukraine, based on lies etc, not logically make the russian invasion thread be the place to comment how it is relevant to US invading Iraq on making up the lie about WMDs - is beyond me.
Only good use I can see for this thread is if you force all Trump garbage posting here too, instead of maintaining separate threads for that.

Last edited:
This really is one of the worst ideas for a thread I ever saw. It diminishes valid discussion.
How would comparing Russia's invasion of Ukraine, based on lies etc, not logically make the russian invasion thread be the place to comment how it is relevant to US invading Iraq on making up the lie about WMDs - is beyond me.
Only good use I can see for this thread is if you force all Trump garbage posting here too, instead of maintaining separate threads for that.
Trump has his own threads and as I said in the OP, you can make new threads to revive old out of date topics. If you want to talk about WMD, feel free to do so here or in a new WMD thread. Bush's WMDs are unrelated to the invasion of Ukraine, but if you want to discuss parallels, please go ahead and start the discussion in a new thread.

Crime lab destroys rifle used by Kyle Rittenhouse

ASSOCIATED PRESS
MADISON, Wis. — Wisconsin officials have destroyed the rifle Kyle Rittenhouse used to shoot three people during street protests in Kenosha in 2020.

WISN-TV reported Friday that the state crime lab destroyed the rifle on Feb. 25. The station posted video showing technicians unboxing the gun and feeding into a shredder. Rittenhouse’s attorneys and prosecutors agreed in January that the gun would be destroyed, Rittenhouse’s lead attorney, Mark Richards, said Rittenhouse didn’t want someone to buy it and turn it into a trophy. The agreement called for the process to be recorded.

Rittenhouse shot and killed Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber and wounded Gaige Grosskreutz during the protests in August 2020. The demonstrations began after a white police officer shot Jacob Blake, a Black man, during a domestic disturbance. The shooting left Blake paralyzed from the waist down. Prosecutors filed multiple charges against Rittenhouse. A jury acquitted him on all counts in November after he argued all three men attacked him and he was forced to fire in self-defense.

Rittenhouse was 17 at the time of the protests, too young to buy a firearm in Wisconsin. His friend, Dominick Black, bought the gun for him earlier that year.

Related doesn't mean it is concurrent. Related means it is tied or similar. So no, I don't see the merit in what you wrote, and I definitely don't think calling all stuff you supposedly want people discussing "dumpster-fire" is much of an invitation to respectable discussion either.
Our goal is not to try and please every poster, but to make the discussion better and more focused. Bringing up 2003 stories in an ongoing war story distracts from the current story and can quickly drag a discussion off course. If your interest in discussing WMDs is insufficient enough to warrant starting a new thread, well so be it. Your posting goals are what they are and the staff has its own. As i said, you are quite free to discuss WMDs in any capacity you you like. You just can't do anywhere (in any thread) that you want to. In the time you have taken to complain about it, you could have started a new thread. Why haven't you done that? Arguing with me does nothing to get your WMD discussion started.

Hillary lied.....spied on Trump, etc
With the Durham investigation ongoing, doesn't the "trump dump(ster)" thread belong here too?

With the Durham investigation ongoing, doesn't the "trump dump(ster)" thread belong here too?
No because it is its own thread. This thread is for those posts that the poster doesn't want to start a thread about. The Trump's Rump thread is focused on old trump stories that from time to time have new news. It is pretty focused. Any of the topics listed in the OP could easily be revived in new threads, as stated. If you want to start a Durham investigation thread, please do. If you just want to do drive by hits in other threads, it is likely we will move those posts here. :)

There is a distinction between the POTUS Trump asking a question that he was entitled, and was arguably his duty, to ask

Trump "Hey Zelenski, either you start investigating Hunter Biden, or i will cut off all aid to Ukraine. You covfefe?"

I think this thread is designed to prevent Godwin's law constantly occurring, though being cfc off topic perhaps replace Nazis with Russiagate or something similar!

I think this thread is designed to prevent Godwin's law constantly occurring, though being cfc off topic perhaps replace Nazis with Russiagate or something similar!
So russiagate is nazi doctrine? :faint:

Second thought....yes, yes, it is cfcot :lol:

Last edited:
I thought the point I was making was quite clear, but apparently not! :run:

Godwins law - the longer the discussion goes on the higher the odds Nazi comparisons will be made.

Cfc off topic - the longer the discussion goes on the higher the odds that it will become about Russia Gate or similar.

Does that help clarify things for you @bernie14 ?

This may come as a shock to you, but practically every hospital has a biolab. Maybe in Russia where they instead have a "wonder how he got sick?"-lab.

Trump "Hey Zelenski, either you start investigating Hunter Biden, or i will cut off all aid to Ukraine. You covfefe?"

The Dems threatened Ukraine too when they wanted help investigating Russiagate

Moderator Action: Post moved from the war thread. If you want to talk about this start a new thread. Birdjaguar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the point I was making was quite clear, but apparently not! :run:

Godwins law - the longer the discussion goes on the higher the odds Nazi comparisons will be made.

Cfc off topic - the longer the discussion goes on the higher the odds that it will become about Russia Gate or similar.

Does that help clarify things for you @bernie14 ?
Exactly :)

This may come as a shock to you, but practically every hospital has a biolab. Maybe in Russia where they instead have a "wonder how he got sick?"-lab.

it will come as a shock to me if thats all Nuland meant, the suspicion is the USA has been funding research and thats why we dont want the Russians getting it, if its just routine stuff done by hospitals she wouldn't be worried about the Russians finding it.

it will come as a shock to me if thats all Nuland meant, the suspicion is the USA has been funding research and thats why we dont want the Russians getting it, if its just routine stuff done by hospitals she wouldn't be worried about the Russians finding it.

Too bad they destroyed their "proof" by bombing the horsehocky out of the hospital. Still waiting on something other than Putin saying "Just trust me bro." I thought the US was bad at faking claims of WMD's, we at least showed up to the UN with a vial of some.

Wait they did bomb it right? I lost count of the times they denied then later admitted to it.

Checks Ukraine thread, sees I've been quoted, and the reply involves Russia gate...
OMG what have I done! :help:

you made an argument and got a rebuttal, hopefully responses to arguments dont get dumped here too.

Too bad they destroyed their "proof" by bombing the **** out of the hospital. Still waiting on something other than Putin saying "Just trust me bro." I thought the US was bad at faking claims of WMD's, we at least showed up to the UN with a vial of some.

Wait they did bomb it right? I lost count of the times they denied then later admitted to it.

I dont trust Putin or Biden. Obviously both sides are lying to help their cause, the Russians weren't lying about Nazis attacking the Donbas. Thats the game changer for me, I would not have waited 8 years to protect those people and shame on the USA for backing that war. My God, we were treated to a chorus of Nazis are evil and punch a Nazi because Trump got elected and Obama and Biden were arming Nazis to kill people opposed to the coup.

the Russians weren't lying about Nazis attacking the Donbas. Thats the game changer for me, I would not have waited 8 years to protect those people and shame on the USA for backing that war. My God, we were treated to a chorus of Nazis are evil and punch a Nazi because Trump got elected and Obama and Biden were arming Nazis to kill people opposed to the coup.

You know that neo-Nazis are alive and well in Russia, right? Even in Russian military? Wagner Group is close to Putin.

Now that we have had our diversion, I am going to delete the off topic posts in this thread regarding this thread and its purpose. If you wish to discuss it further, please send me a PM.

This thread needs a rebrand, perhaps a more positive spin. How about "the classic OT topics thread" where we revisit those same discussion points that we've been revisiting for years!

Last edited:
Top Bottom