Normalized Score: 8260
"Real" Score: 4301
Victory: Space Race
End Date: January, 1963 A.D
Image: See attachment.

Edit:
Finished in 7 hours ;)

What level were you on?

I played this for a little while as Mongolia. Not doing good. This would be a lot more intense if it had all 34 civs in it.

Got your result, topsecret! Thanks for submitting. :)

FYI, I'll make a webpage for all players to post their results on. Posting results in this thread for me to look up is a little too unprofessional by my standards. ;)

Don't know when that will be done, though. No ETA, no deadline. :p

Done, maybe normal speed next time? Took a long time.

Vikings, domination victory.
Finished in 1864 with 116584 points (raw score 6691).

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    211.5 KB · Views: 260
  • score.jpg
    score.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 182
Hi Matrix. How long do we have until to submit? I'm having problems as Khmer. I am trying the southeast asia reunification tour (more like the Lesser East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere :lol: )

damn you majapahits... how the hell did you island people ever conquer all these chain of islands including my beloved Philippines without losing your marbles? I'm constantly running my shuttle galleys EVERYWHERE!

They run at every 4 hours from vietnam to australia stopping at all the islands stops. Just tell your ship captain which stop you'd like to disembark. :crazyeye:

whoops didn't read everything. sorry i just read there's no deadline right now

Done, maybe normal speed next time? Took a long time.

Vikings, domination victory.
Finished in 1864 with 116584 points (raw score 6691).
Thanks! What difficulty level did you play on?

And sorry, but epic speed remains for consistency purposes.

This map seems to be cool, But I don't play civ enough to actualy get in this challenge. Can I get this map without the special two settlers and other modified stuff?

Or is there another awesome earth map? Havent played in a few months now... I know there were a few earth maps but they werent perfect.

I'd also be interested in a normal speed earth challenge on the original earth map with all 34 civs, all normal settings. (So vassals, etc.) Those games are pretty crazy and you can have some crazy scores. (E.g., Rome domination victories in the 1100's or something.) Although some civs are heavily favored we can use a weight system to normalize.

Still finishing this one, taking some time.

One week of vacation, relatively nice weather outside and what do I do - play civ4. :cry: Oh well, at least that was an enjoyable game. :)

Inca
Monarch
Domination victory 1847AD
Score 146644

It would be interesting to try again with a different civ. Only if these epic/huge didn't take so much time...

Attachments

• civ4_ec_inca_mon1.jpg
    civ4_ec_inca_mon1.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 204
  • civ4_ec_inca_mon2.jpg
    civ4_ec_inca_mon2.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 117
Spoiler :

Romans, Monarch, 1851 AD Space Race, 55083/3815. Kind of disappointed, I thought I would finish earlier but did not anticipate how long space race would take. Have not done one in awhile and never have done it on Epic...

Took Moscow around 2800 BC with an early axe rush, got rid of Vikings fairly early too, kind of got got lazy after that. Had some holy wars with Mali and took some of their cities here and there. I just did not have the patience for a domination victory though, it would have been me vs. the world since everyone was hindu. Around 1400 I hunkered down. I did get to nuke Monty a few times though...:)

I did get to nuke Monty a few times though...:)

It's a good thing.:D

I never do end up giving him another chance. Something about adopting his religion, his civics and still always getting attacked that doesn't allow for equanimity.

No tech trading really cripples the AI at lower levels-- also events can skew things a lot.

Just Noble as Sitting Bull-- 32347, 4947 actual score, won as culture by accident, actually had a spaceship in the sky, but noticed I was gonna win culture if i set to 100. >.>
Spoiler :

^ I can't decide if I like no tech trading or not :crazyeye: On the one hand it takes away a lot of the intrigue and diplo options. On the other hand it's kinda nice to always know if you're in the lead or not as all the AIs move through the same tech sequence together.

Other thoughts so far from playing a couple hundred turns of Rome, Inca, Khmer, Russia, Native America (not finished any yet!)

Most civs have room for a good 10 cities peacefully which makes cheap organized courthouses good. Imperialistic/creative for Russia was also good, but I just didn't get on so well with the blandness of their land. I'm surprised Russia is considered the strongest and Rome only 4th strongest.

After my initial thought that it was OK the Khmer start bogs down from all the jungle, and I agree it's a tough one.

I'm also surprised that Native America was deemed the hardest. Monty makes things a bit awkward but he's manageable and there is a ridiculous amount of great land and resources. Isolation isn't a problem like normal (no tech trading), and since Europe is accessible pre-optics you have great early overseas trade routes.

Inca I can't make up my mind about. Sad to say I think rushing Pacal is probably the best idea.

Next I'm going to try China and build some wonders :goodjob:

ok really noob question but its been a while since I've even played BTS. Where do I put the save because I have it in both the WB saves folder and the Single saves folder but the game is not reading either

Downloaded and ready to go. I'll probably let's play this also, once I get the time. I have a few ideas to try.

This scenario looks to be a fairly epic competitive setting. I haven't found the time to do it yet with all the other recording I've been up to in my free time but I'm going to tally it as the next civ LP I do.

Downloaded and ready to go. I'll probably let's play this also, once I get the time. I have a few ideas to try.

This scenario looks to be a fairly epic competitive setting. I haven't found the time to do it yet with all the other recording I've been up to in my free time but I'm going to tally it as the next civ LP I do.

What level you gonna rock?

Top Bottom