!EGMII 1.01 beta patch is available!

Civilization editor settings for Ukraine and the United Kingdom.
On some maps, I did change the government from a republic to a unitary republic in the case of Ukraine, I left it with one more feature than the British, I changed it back to two.

Earth globalism II - 2022_RUS-UA-war Beta1.0.biq map did not have Earth globalism II 2020 folder assigned to it instead of Earth globalism II 2022, I fixed this.
Improvement of development tree background

Last edited:
Looking at the screenshots, is it intended that happy citizens look content and content citizens look happy?

Looking at the screenshots, is it intended that happy citizens look content and content citizens look happy?
I never thought the happiness and nationality was well indicated, thats why I added nation colored smiley faces to my popheads.

@Arexander

Thank you for the feedback.
I didn't notice the error at first, but I see that the happy and content faces have been replaced, that's why it's so strange how the townspeople looked, I'll fix this in a next patch and publish it.

It is more noticeable here: row 1 should be a row of happy faces, row 2 a row of satisfied faces, these two rows have been swapped.

Attachments

• EGMII-bug-happy&contact-face-africa.jpg
    EGMII-bug-happy&contact-face-africa.jpg
    897.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Pophead-bug.jpg
    Pophead-bug.jpg
    535.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I am attaching the improved popHeads.pcx packed in Zip format, the atmosphere of the citizens will be displayed well here.

Attachments

• popHeads.zip
    246.5 KB · Views: 12
I made further adjustments to the city officials, I took the highest values a little further back. I maxed it out in three. It has significance according to culture. e.g. in those cultures where religiosity is greater, a priest or church person gives 3 happy faces, this is mostly given by Eastern Orthodox Christians, Islamic imams, Jewish rabbis, Hindu priests, Buddhist monks. in western cultures the role of the church has been shaken, there only 1 happy face is generated by a catholic or protestant priest. The influence of soldiers also reduces corruption in cities depending on the culture in which they serve. Its role in the European Union is very small, because there is formally no European army. Until then, the army of the USA and other countries will have more power, thus reducing corruption more effectively. Economists also have different abilities, Western (European and North American) and East Asian economists effectively help production with three, while Eastern European economists and African economists only with one. where there is more corruption, the influence of an economist is the smallest.
I will publish these maxed/reverted changes from the previous four or five to three in the EGMII beta 1.02 patch.

Attachments

• EGMII-beta1.02_EU-citizens.jpg
    EGMII-beta1.02_EU-citizens.jpg
    929.8 KB · Views: 40
  • EGMII-beta1.02-African-citizens.jpg
    EGMII-beta1.02-African-citizens.jpg
    895.3 KB · Views: 42
In Civilization III, in the granary setting, 'Double city growth rate' is selected. My question is, does this only take effect once? so if this marker is activated for another building, does it have a double effect or do they no longer have such an effect?

I'm asking if I can stop the decline of major cities with this method, because it's disturbing that the population of metropolises is decreasing all over the world. For example, in Western civilizations, even a smaller decrease is acceptable, because it is the same in reality, but in China or India, the population is increasing. A city of size 25 shouldn't shrink either.

!EGMII 1.02 beta patch is available!

In popHeads.pcx file , residents appeared wrong, satisfied and happy resident faces were swapped, I fixed this
I have maximized the influence of city officials to 3 from the previous 5.
I put resource shadows in it

Last edited:
In Civilization III, in the granary setting, 'Double city growth rate' is selected. My question is, does this only take effect once? so if this marker is activated for another building, does it have a double effect or do they no longer have such an effect?

I'm asking if I can stop the decline of major cities with this method, because it's disturbing that the population of metropolises is decreasing all over the world. For example, in Western civilizations, even a smaller decrease is acceptable, because it is the same in reality, but in China or India, the population is increasing. A city of size 25 shouldn't shrink either.
I think thats a one time thing.
Double growth is either enabled or unabled.
But you could always try to see what happens.

Shrinking cities happen bc the population eat more than the tiles produce.
Once the food storage is empty, the city declines.
You either need to make tiles produce more food or have the people eat less.
Add food resources around those cities. Or change the type of tiles or add irrigation improvement. That can help.

Double growth rate isnt going to stop a declining population.

I think thats a one time thing.
Double growth is either enabled or unabled.
But you could always try to see what happens.

Shrinking cities happen bc the population eat more than the tiles produce.
Once the food storage is empty, the city declines.
You either need to make tiles produce more food or have the people eat less.
Add food resources around those cities. Or change the type of tiles or add irrigation improvement. That can help.

Double growth rate isnt going to stop a declining population.
If I understand what you wrote correctly, this means that if I increase the food ration of the resources in the editor, then the city that has such a resource within its scope can use it. For example, there is a city that has grain within its radius, which is currently worth 6 food, if I raise it to 10, it will get that extra +4 in addition to the 6, so it can use 10 food. I will try this here, in addition to the bigger cities. I didn't even think that this problem could be fixed in such a simple way. I can even provide this with bonus resources, since they also provide food.

In another of my game modes, in Earth Fantasy Mod II, I used terrain tiles to provide food, because many races (dark races) did not have access to terrain shaping, so they suffered disadvantages against races that could irrigate or build mines.

If I understand what you wrote correctly, this means that if I increase the food ration of the resources in the editor, then the city that has such a resource within its scope can use it. For example, there is a city that has grain within its radius, which is currently worth 6 food, if I raise it to 10, it will get that extra +4 in addition to the 6, so it can use 10 food. I will try this here, in addition to the bigger cities. I didn't even think that this problem could be fixed in such a simple way. I can even provide this with bonus resources, since they also provide food.

In another of my game modes, in Earth Fantasy Mod II, I used terrain tiles to provide food, because many races (dark races) did not have access to terrain shaping, so they suffered disadvantages against races that could irrigate or build mines.
There are two ways of increasing not only food, but also commerce and trade for a city. You can increase the food, shields, and coin of a resource, up to a value of 25 for each. You can also increase the yield of the terrain in all three categories. You can also increase the yield of terraforming a tile. You can do all three if you wish. You can set the shield yield of a mountain tile to 5, have a mine add another 10 shields, and have an Iron resource in the mountain also yield 10 shields. The shield total for the tile would then be 25. To see this in use, check out my naval mod here:

As I have not added any units, it is a biq file. However, I do use Pounder's Resources collection for the resources, as I have added a few. There is a folder loaded on the thread with both the biq and Pounder's resource file in it.

Last edited:
There are two ways of increasing not only food, but also commerce and trade for a city. You can increase the food, shields, and coin of a resource, up to a value of 25 for each. You can also increase the yield of the terrain in all three categories. You can also increase the yield of terraforming a tile. You can do all three if you wish. You can set the shield yield of a mountain tile to 5, have a mine add another 10 shields, and have an Iron resource in the mountain also yield 10 shields. The shield total for the tile would then be 25. To see this in use, check out my naval mod here:
As I have not added any units, it is a biq file. However, I do use Pounder's Resources collection for the resources, as I have added a few. There is a folder loaded on the thread with both the biq and Pounder's resource file in it.
Thanks, I'll check it out. ;)

The list of Ozymandius is accurate for the cumulative and non-cumulative bonuses.
I have attached a biq file to show the various ways of increasing resource, terrain, and terraforming yields. Basically, you can combine all three in the same tile for a major bonus. Also, if you wish to add resources without working on the Civilopedia, you can simply use the Civilopedia entry for another resource, make any changes to frequency of appearance and Tech advance required, and go from there. You can see that with the Hot Springs resource that I added. If you add a resource, you also need to edit the terrain file for it to show up.

Attachments

• Swargey's Archipalego-D2.zip
    38.9 KB · Views: 10
!EGMII 1.03 beta patch is available!

In the game editor, I doubled the value of various food supplies. Grain gives 8 food instead of 4, poultry gives 4 food instead of 2, pig gives 6 food instead of 3, cattle gives 8 food instead of 4, fish gives 4 food instead of 2.

I found another bug that I fixed:
Civilization setting, the United Kingdom had a wrong flag setting, I fixed this
brexit costs only 1 cost instead of 2.

Last edited:
The list of Ozymandius is accurate for the cumulative and non-cumulative bonuses.
I have attached a biq file to show the various ways of increasing resource, terrain, and terraforming yields. Basically, you can combine all three in the same tile for a major bonus. Also, if you wish to add resources without working on the Civilopedia, you can simply use the Civilopedia entry for another resource, make any changes to frequency of appearance and Tech advance required, and go from there. You can see that with the Hot Springs resource that I added. If you add a resource, you also need to edit the terrain file for it to show up.
This combination is a very good idea.
I am planning comprehensive changes to the area formatting and resources as well. With irrigation, with today's modern technology, much more food can be harvested than in the past. Therefore, I will increase the effect of irrigation in many areas.

Hi All,

I changed the food, shield and commerce values of the terrain squares.
I took the following aspects into account: I considered the area's characteristics, Timerover Naval Mod's biq files gave me many good ideas and I also reviewed Swargey's Archipalego-D2.biq file.

Until now, the deserts could not be watered in the EGMI game mod either, since in reality it would be very uneconomical and impractical to water the Sahara, they don't even do it. deserts cannot be irrigated, but there are many natural treasures hidden in the desert soil.

Semi-deserts are slightly better than wild deserts, here it already gives +1 food, irrigation adds +2 food
Semi-deserts are usually transitional zones between plains/savannas and deserts.

Plains and savannas give +2 food, if they are irrigated, they also get +3 food.

The grassland alone then gives +3 food, since the best quality land on earth, with irrigation, gives another +4 food (see Ukraine is one of the world's largest grain producers due to its territory).

Peat Moss gives less food than grassland, it only gives +2 food with irrigation +3 food, but with building a mine it gives +2 shield

Tundra has not changed.

In the floodplain, in a relatively narrow strip, it gives a lot of food due to the occasional floods: +4, and irrigation it gives +6 food.

The hills give +5 shield after building a mine, but the loess gives +2 food 1 food place, there only after building a mine it gives +3 shield

The mountains then give +2 shield, if a mine is ready, it adds +10 shield. The high mountains give +3 shields, but the mines here only give +5 shields, since it is difficult to operate a high mountain mine in real life.

I didn't change the forest, but the rainforests give +1 commerce

I did not change the jungle, marsh and volcano values.

Coastal waters give +2 food and +2 shield and +2 commerce.
The sea gives +2 food +1 shield and +1 commerce and the cold seas are very rich in food, so it gives +3 food, the oceans also give +1 food,+1 shield and +1 commerce.

more here:

Changes in soil food, shield and trade production(I marked in red where I changed the value): F = Food S = Shields C = Commerce I (F) = Irrigation (Food) M (S) = Mining (Shields) R (C) = Roads (Commerce)

Desert: before: F: 0, S: 1 C: 0; I (F): 0, M (S): 1, R (C): 1 then: F: 0, S: 1 C: 0; I (F): 0, M (S): 1, R (C): 1
Semi Desert: before: F: 0, S: 1 C: 0; I (F): 1, M (S): 1, R (C): 1 then: F: 1!, S: 1 C: 0; I (F): 2!, M (S): 1, R (C): 1
Plains: before: F: 1, S: 1 C: 0; I (F): 1, M (S): 1, R (C): 1 then: F: 2!, S: 1 C: 0; I (F): 3!, M (S): 1, R (C): 1
Savanna: before: F: 1, S: 0 C: 0; I (F): 1, M (S): 0, R (C): 1 then: F: 2!, S: 0 C: 0; I (F): 3!, M (S): 0, R (C): 1
Grassland: before: F: 2; S: 0; C: 0; I (F): 1, M (S): 1, R (C): 1 then: F: 3!, S: 0 C: 0; I (F): 4!, M (S): 1, R (C): 1
Peat Moss: before: F: 2; S: 0; C: 0; I (F): 1, M (S): 0, R (C): 1 then: F: 2; S: 0; C: 0; I (F): 3!, M (S): 2!, R (C): 1
Tundra: before: F: 1, S: 0 C: 0; I (F): 0, M (S): 1, R (C): 1 then: F: 1, S: 0 C: 0; I (F): 0, M (S): 1, R (C): 1
Flood Plain: before: F: 3; S: 0; C: 0; I (F): 1, M (S): 0, R (C): 1 then: F: 4!; S: 0; C: 0; I (F): 6!, M (S): 0, R (C): 1
Hills: before: F: 1, S: 1 C: 0; I (F): 0, M (S): 2, R (C): 1 then: F: 1, S: 1 C: 0; I (F): 0, M (S): 5!, R (C): 1
Loess: before: F: 1, S: 1 C: 0; I (F): 0, M (S): 1, R (C): 1 then: F: 2!, S: 1 C: 0; I (F): 0, M (S): 3!, R (C): 1
Mountains: before: F: 0, S: 1 C: 0; I (F): 0, M (S): 2, R (C): 1 then: F: 0, S: 2! C: 0; I (F): 0, M (S): 10!, R (C): 1
High Mountains: before: F: 0, S: 1 C: 0; I (F): 0, M (S): 0, R (C): 1 then: F: 0, S: 1 C: 0; I (F): 0, M (S): 1, R (C): 1
Forest: before: F: 1, S: 2 C: 0; I (F): 0, M (S): 0, R (C): 1 then: F: 1, S: 2 C: 0; I (F): 0, M (S): 0, R (C): 1
Rain Forest: before: F: 1, S: 2 C: 0; I (F): 0, M (S): ?2, R (C): 1 then: F: 1, S: 2 C: 1!; I (F): 0, M (S): 0, R (C): 1
Jungle: before: F: 1, S: 0 C: 0; I (F): 0, M (S): 0, R (C): 1 then: F: 1, S: 0 C: 0; I (F): 0, M (S): 0, R (C): 1
Marsh: before: F: 1, S: 0 C: 0; I (F): 0, M (S): 0, R (C): 1 then: F: 1, S: 0 C: 0; I (F): 0, M (S): 0, R (C): 1
Volcano: before: F: 0, S: 3 C: 0; I (F): 0, M (S): 0, R (C): 0 then: F: 0, S: 3 C: 0; I (F): 0, M (S): 0, R (C): 0
Coast: before: F: 1, S: 0 C: 2; I (F): 0, M (S): 0, R (C): 0 then: F: 2!, S: 2! C: 2; I (F): 0, M (S): 0, R (C): 0
Sea: before: F: 1, S: 0 C: 1; I (F): 0, M (S): 0, R (C): 0 then: F: 2!, S: 1! C: 1; I (F): 0, M (S): 0, R (C): 0
Cold Sea: before:: F: 1, S: 0 C: 1; I (F): 0, M (S): 0, R (C): 0 then: F: 3!, S: 0 C: 1; I (F): 0, M (S): 0, R (C): 0
Ocean: before: F: 0, S: 0 C: 0; I (F): 0, M (S): 0, R (C): 0 then: F: 1!, S: 1! C: 1!; I (F): 0, M (S): 0, R (C): 0

Last edited:
I will publish the changes to the area setting in the EGMII patch 1.04. In the test game, the change is quite noticeable, Mumbai, India, a city of level 25, according to the beta1.03 settings, has fallen to level 16, despite the extra fish food placed. In EGMII beta1.04, however, the population is already 22 turned to growth after the second turn.

I'll check with the other civilizations with bigger cities to see if it works well, if everything goes well, I will share it in the latest patch. :)

Attachments

• EGMII1.03-Mumbai-population decline1.jpg
    EGMII1.03-Mumbai-population decline1.jpg
    921.6 KB · Views: 33
  • EGMII1.03-Mumbai-population decline2.jpg
    EGMII1.03-Mumbai-population decline2.jpg
    1,023.9 KB · Views: 33
  • EGMII1.04-Mumbai-population decline3.jpg
    EGMII1.04-Mumbai-population decline3.jpg
    931.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Top Bottom