Economy Mod

Dark age should generate food, gold and production but no science and no culture.

i was hoping that it was possible to do in lua.

It's not, not easily. I want it to be a very simple rule, easy to understand, and lightweight on the lua. Anarchy is the best, simplest method.

It's not, not easily. I want it to be a very simple rule, easy to understand, and lightweight on the lua. Anarchy is the best, simplest method.

I speak as somebody that has no idea about what he is talking about :cool: I don't program anything, never touched anything.

If there's in lua some end formula before the science and culture is added in the "science pool" and "culture pool" in the beginning of the turn. I mean, if there's a formula around the time the game check the science and culture of each individual city. Shouldn't you be able to use the same check on "golden age", copy it and instead of using the gold formula, use the science/culture one, but slightly changed? As a *0 in the end?

Well... You should have thought about that (and tons of other ways) let me be silent and leave you to make your marvelous job. :D

The new buildings like the brewery require resources globally, not locally, the way that factories require coal. Is that what was intended? I changed the XML to Building_LocalResourceAnds and got the behavior that I had expected.

With this fix the mod becomes an even greater improvement.

I was looking at your ingame.xml

Code:
<!-- Added by Kael 09/17/2010 | Tweaked by Valkrionn 09/30/2010 -->
		<LuaContext FileName="ModList"								          ID="ModList"                Hidden="True" />
		<LuaContext FileName="InfoAddictScreen"							      ID="InfoAddictScreen"       Hidden="True" />
		<LuaContext FileName="BuildingEffects"	                              ID="BuildingEffects"	      Hidden="True" />
		<LuaContext FileName="Emigration"									  ID="Emigration"			  Hidden="True" />
		<LuaContext FileName="StringUtils"									  ID="StringUtils"			  Hidden="True" />
		<LuaContext FileName="TechDiffusion"								  ID="TechDiffusion"          Hidden="True" />
		<LuaContext FileName="TreeGrowth"									  ID="TechDiffusion"		  Hidden="True" />
<!-- End Add -->

Look at TreeGrowth. it should be :
Code:
<!-- Added by Bhruic -->
		<LuaContext FileName="TreeGrowth"	ID="TreeGrowth"	Hidden="True" />
<!-- End add -->

Sorry for the bad copy/paste code result.

looking at emigration ingame.xml :
<!-- Emigration -->
<LuaContext FileName="Emigration" ID="Emigration" Hidden="True" />
<LuaContext FileName="ScriptDataManager" ID="ScriptDataManager" Hidden="True" />
<!-- End Emigration -->
i think you need to add ScriptDataManager for emigration to work.

Hey Valk, just loaded up the latest version after some Civ 5 downtime. I notice a new big box in the top/center of the UI, with something like "turns left" and opponents left. Is there a way to get rid of that?

Why do I not see the unit command box? I cant do anything when i start a game..

Sorry if this is not the best place for such a question, but how does one get a mod like this to work with a pre-made map or scenario?

Just downloaded your mod - sounds absolutely great. Going to play a game before the patch to see how it plays out.

If it's as good as I think it is, I would be very very very interested in joining your team as a programmer. I have no Lua experience, but have done a hefty amount of XML, Python and C++ modding in Civ4. If you need help adopting to the patch once it's released, or are just interested in sharing the workload, please pm me.

Hey Valk, do you update your mod when one of the components gets update? Because it looks like your mod includes an old version of infoaddict.

Typically, but Economy Mod is more or less frozen development-wise (don't have the time to keep up with the other balance mods, honestly) and I've been busy with finals.

Hey you have to have priorities, that's cool. One question though, if I run your mod, and the latest version of infoaddict also, will it work?

Hey you have to have priorities, that's cool. One question though, if I run your mod, and the latest version of infoaddict also, will it work?

Coincidentally, I just started a game last night with infoaddict's latest version (v8?) added after economy v5 and it seems to be working fine -- the modlist isn't there, but otherwise everything else is working normally.

Top Bottom