Elementary School Students Reportedly Taught Songs Praising President Obama

Is it right for a teacher to teach students songs that praise the President?

• Yes

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • No

Votes: 45 68.2%

• Total voters

Aleenik

Deity
Article- http://www.foxnews.com/politics/200...rtedly-taught-songs-praising-president-obama/

Video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zrsl8o4ZPo

Ill start off by saying these kids probably have no idea what they are singing about, except that he is the president. They are being taught by someone(An Obama supporter I would assume) to sing about how great Obama is.=Wow.

(One of the two songs at least)Have song quotes directly from the spiritual "Jesus Loves the Little Children," though Jesus' name is replaced with Obama's: "He said red, yellow, black or white/All are equal in his sight. Barack Hussein Obama." -Well that's one way to come up with a song I suppose.

Whoever taught them this, should be fired.

This sounds like, to me, the teacher who taught the kids this is indoctrinating them.

Whether you support Obama or not, Ill ask you this.

Is it right for a teacher to be teaching kids who (Probably) have no idea what they are singing about, to sing about how great Obama is.

Text of the songs
Song 1:
Mm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said that all must lend a hand
To make this country strong again
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said we must be fair today
Equal work means equal pay
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said that we must take a stand
To make sure everyone gets a chance
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said red, yellow, black or white
All are equal in his sight
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

Yes!
Mmm, mmm, mm
Barack Hussein Obama

Song 2:
Hello, Mr. President we honor you today!
For all your great accomplishments, we all doth say "hooray!"

Hooray, Mr. President! You're number one!
The first black American to lead this great nation!

Hooray, Mr. President we honor your great plans
To make this country's economy number one again!

Hooray Mr. President, we're really proud of you!
And we stand for all Americans under the great Red, White, and Blue!

So continue ---- Mr. President we know you'll do the trick
So here's a hearty hip-hooray ----

Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!

Nearly 20 young children are captured in an online video as they sing songs that overflow with campaign slogans and praise for "Barack Hussein Obama," as they repeatedly chant the president's name and celebrate his accomplishments.

A video posted on YouTube appears to show a New Jersey elementary school class being taught to sing praises of the "great accomplishments" of President Obama.

The video shows nearly 20 young children taught a song overflowing with campaign slogans and praise for "Barack Hussein Obama," repeatedly chanting the president's name and celebrating his accomplishments, including his "great plans" to "make this country's economy No. 1 again.

The video identifies the kids as students at the B. Bernice Young Elementary School in Burlington, N.J., with taping taking place last June.

The song quotes directly from the spiritual "Jesus Loves the Little Children," though Jesus' name is replaced with Obama's: "He said red, yellow, black or white/All are equal in his sight. Barack Hussein Obama."

Among other lyrics, touting a fair-pay bill Obama signed in January: "He said we must be clear today/Equal work means equal pay."

Click here to see the video.

The author of the full lyrics is unknown, but a woman -- possibly a teacher -- can be heard in the beginning of the video correcting and helping a student who has forgotten the words.

The office of the superintendent of Burlington Township School District did not provide comment or confirmation to FOXNews.com that the songs were recorded at B. Bernice Young Elementary when contacted by phone Thursday.

The video was originally posted Sept. 6, two days before Obama made an address to the nation's schoolchildren in which he praised the American education system as the best in the world and urged students to stay in school.

"At the end of the day, we can have the most dedicated teachers, the most supportive parents, and the best schools in the world," Obama said.

we should put under obama in our pledge (it wouldn't technically be an endorsement of religion)

Clearly Obama's personal fault. I judge him instead of the school officials.

We are in the middle of two wars and you are discouraging praise for the Commander-in-Chief? Are you with Code Pink or something?

We are in the middle of two wars and you are discouraging praise for the Commander-in-Chief? Are you with Code Pink or something?

No, lol im not with Code Pink

Yes, Im discouraging teachers teaching students who have no idea what they are singing about to praise Obama. In other words they are being TAUGHT to like Obama.

I'm not meaning this is going on everywhere lol

I just mean at this school.

But I don't think this should be happening at any school here in the US.

No, lol im not with Code Pink

Yes, Im discouraging teachers teaching students who have no idea what they are singing about to praise Obama. In other words they are being TAUGHT to like Obama.

I'm not meaning this is going on everywhere lol

I just mean at this school.

But I don't think this should be happening at any school here in the US.
Well, how about making young kids that don't know any better say the Pledge of Allegiance with the McCarthyesque "Under God" and all? Shouldn't public schools not be brainwashing them with a weird combo of idoltry and religion at such a young age?

Well, how about making young kids that don't know any better say the Pledge of Allegiance with the McCarthyesque "Under God" and all? Shouldn't public schools not be brainwashing them with a weird combo of idoltry and religion at such a young age?

Singing praises about our nation is different.

If someone doesn't want to say Under God when singing the pledge, I think that's fine.

This is praising the current president, his achievements, his views, etc.

I have no problems with teachers having elementary school children sing the praise Obama in a private school. In a public school they should be working on reading, writing, and arithmetic.

Singing praises about our nation is different.

If someone doesn't want to say Under God when signing the pledge, I think that's fine.

This is praising the current president, his achievements, his views, etc.
But according to you, we are talking about kids too young to know better. If a teacher tells them to say "Obama" or "Under God", they are going to do it. By the time they are old enough to normally make an independent decision, it is too late because they have already been indoctrinated.

I'd say 16 years is a good point where children can consent (or not) to say "Under God" in the pledge of allegiance.

I'd say 16 years is a good point where children can consent (or not) to say "Under God" in the pledge of allegiance.
If they are as young as 13 or 14 and the pledge leader is within two years of their age, I think it is ok. But 18 would be the minimum age where anyone could legally manipulate them into full, hardcore pledging.

Of course, we should be encourage them to abstain from the pledge, but teach them the consequences of pledging and hand out free miniature American flags just in case they can't control the urge.

But according to you, we are talking about kids too young to know better. If a teacher tells them to say "Obama" or "Under God", they are going to do it. By the time they are old enough to normally make an independent decision, it is too late because they have already been indoctrinated.

All I'm saying is I don't think people should be forced to say ''Under God'' in the pledge.

But in this case these kids are too young to understand what they are pledging about I think.

And that being taught to sing a song that praises Obama, his policies, his achievements, and his beliefs and then singing that song, is wrong.

At a school I used to go to, there was a kid who didn't stand up and say the pledge at all. He was allowed to do so. I forget why he didn't. If it was about the ''Under God'' thing I suppose he could have just left that out. So ya I dunno what that was about but still.

But when kids don't want to praise Obama and they have the option not to sing, you'd be alright with it?

If there are people who know what they are singing about, and want to sing about praising Obama, that's fine with me. They have the freedom from this great nation to do so.

But in this case these kids are too young to understand what they are singing about I think.

If there are people who know what they are singing about, and want to sing about praising Obama, that's fine with me.

But in this case these kids are too young to understand what they are singing about I think.
I totally agree.

Now add the bolded part to these quotes (change "singing" into "pledging".)
All I'm saying is I don't think people should be forced to say ''Under God'' in the pledge.

If someone doesn't want to say Under God when singing the pledge, I think that's fine.

You see what I mean?

edit: by the way, I'm not saying it's a big deal, I'm not saying what you should and should not do in your country. I'm merely arguing about the principle of the matter. But likewise, I don't think this song on this one school is a big deal either. Just so you know :)

Top Bottom