1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

EltNES: THIS World is Yours

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Eltain, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Boundless

Boundless Deity

I want to play the game as the map is :(

2. TerrisH

TerrisH Mischief?

err what? farming villages? (looks at rules) where the heck are villiges, and what are thier costs? less then a town? free?

meh, once I know how much, I'll toss a few dozen down. toss in the orders a bit.

the hot springs? see post # 70, way back when I created the lake.
    no volcano or volcanic activity.. just hints like the hot springs that it might have some interesting history long long ago. more flavor then anything else at this point. and a foundation for something a bit.. larger next turn, if I can get it before any of the other vultures get it.
    how many cities are we up to right now?

for names of the towns.. let's see.. Errdin and Allshrin. seem to fit the Eddinite feel.

3. merciary

merciary No idea what I'm doing

Alright last species I'm probably going to make for a while.
    Orders 15 points
    10 points, Create New race the Cthucaror (They have no real name for themselves, at least none that would be recognizable by humans) in K-10
    Spoiler :
    The Cthucaror are a large insect species that live in massive hives on the island. The Cthucaror come in a wide variety of shapes each designed for a very specific purpose. What purpose one serves is determined while still in an egg and is based off what pheromones are released around the egg (I can list potential body shapes if we get to a point where its needed). The queen is the only Cthucaror that produces any offspring and the only one with any sense of individuality. This is not to say that single Cthucaror are not intelligent but they lack any sense of identity beyond their role in the hive and any drive beyond what is best for the hive. New queens are only produce in two occasions; first as the first egg laid by a queen which is prevented from hatching by a special pheromone made by the queen (so it only hatches if the queen dies or the egg travels away from the hive) and the only other time a royal egg is produce is if the hive is being to overpopulate. In the second case the new queen carried away be a portion of the hive and a new hive is then made. Cthucaror communicate through a combination of pheromones and body language and while incredibly intelligent at solving problems they lack any capacity for creative thought and are only concerned with the hives survival.

1.5 points: add a Cthucaror "town", the Hive, in K-10
    1.5 points: create a Krutarg (the original ones) town called Shu-Targ on the hill in E-8
    1 point have the Ogre Krutarg raid Ari
    Bank 1 point

4. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

Bank. I want to do something big next turn.

5. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

Bank everything.

6. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

Boundless: Me too :0

TerrisH: Towns. And no, that is not mentioned in the rules.

merciary: I made up a species called the Luminaeri when I was like 14, which was very similar to that. I still have the very notepad in which I did this, too. Last time I checked. I like it.

General Olaf: Okay.

Lord of Elves: Okay.

All: Please include total points when submitting orders. It's like asking for stats - it's not a huge amount of effort?

Also, I have been very busy, but this is in no way considered dead, scoff. Update will be tonight.

7. Boundless

Boundless Deity

So why don't we?

8. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

Organize a vote?

9. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

10. TerrisH

TerrisH Mischief?

I'd like one more turn of the placing, then I'll vote for the game start. pretty much the only reason for the one more turn is the fact were getting a lot of points next turn.

11. merciary

merciary No idea what I'm doing

I also say we give it one more turn before we start.

12. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

Update II:V or Update 16​

Link to ze map
    Spoiler :

C5 - Impossibly high in the mountains by the Crater Lake, Glorifa stands tall, its immense population kept happy by daily hot spring baths. What this has done for the quality of water downstream one can barely begin to discuss.

D4 - The town of Carachie, sponsored perhaps by the distant Jurai, has launched a raid against the town of Torith. The reasons behind the attack are technically unknown, but agricultural sales have been down in Carachie since Glorifa started importing directly from her little cousin Torith. [2 points TerrisH>Eltain]

Krutargga - The Ogres of the north have raided the Obayonid town of Ari. An assembled militia of townsfolk met the ogres, ready for action. Although the Townsfolk put up a good fight, their weapons were still no match for the stone skin of the Ogres and their ferocious appetite for human (baby?) flesh. [1 point Eltain>merciary]

The agriculture possible around Gellir Lake as well as the plentiful minerals of the hills have led to a population boom for the Krutarg, allowing them to settle in relative peace at Shu-Taarg.

F6-E6 - The Eddarians have taken to plundering - First again the Obayonid city of Mayal in the north, and then in the south the Lavran city of Keoni. Many of the Keonids had fled to Lahavari on their life-ships, giving the Eddarians an easier if less rewarding time plundering. The Eddarians have taken all of this plunder back to two respective polis where they are gathering - the more sea-ward thinkers in Errdin, and the farming-oriented Allshrin, which also controls the great Fort Urdine through the mountains. [1 point Boundless>TerrisH, 0 points Eltain>TerrisH]

F8 - There was much competition between the Issith and the humans to control the northern pass to the Gurks, to stop (or allow) the raids. It turns out that the humans of Veskopes have won this competition and control the flood gate for a great horde of barbarians with Fort Forista. This control may be temporary, though the Issith may have other plans.

K10 - Although totally alien to an outsider, the tribal population surrounding Mt Kopa almost revers the race of giant insectoids known as the Cthurcaror religiously. Currently the only Hive is deep in the long-exinct volcano at the apex of the mountain, from where they can see the entire island and launch easy raids or defend themselves from any human procession. Not much is known about this race, as communication is very difficult (especially with any other than the Queen Mother - an why would she ever allow an outsider into her antechamber?) - however it has been observed that all members of the widely varying species is male save one. It is rumored that the adventurer who can destroy the Queen Mother destroys the civilization - but how could that be done without angering the gods of Mt Kopa or unleashing insectoid fury upon the native population of humans?

Spoiler OOC :
    Mod's Choice:

+4 merciary
    +4 TerrisH
    -2 nutranurse
    -2 name

Totals: (Includes the above additions.)

33 points: Boundless (no orders 1)
    33 points: Gem Hound
    31 points: Lord of Elves (no orders 1)
    30 points: TerrisH
    28 points: nutranurse (no orders 2)
    22 points: General Olaf
    13 points: Terrance888 (no orders 1)
    11 point: merciary
    37 points: Eltain

OOCs

Terrance: You could not afford everything (which I noted in-thrad), so I just built the fort.

All: We've had a few low-points given out this turn (damn you dice-gods!), but saved up coin have made it seem like less of an issue. However merciary has taunted the dice-gods one too many times :'(

From now on, two standard messeges I give each turn, which are basically rules:

1: If you do not name settlement you place within a turn of placing them, I either A: give the priviledge of doing so away to someone I think appropriate, or B: name them myself.

2: To encourage selfless world-building, each time you add to an area that is not considered (by me) to be 'yours', you get +1 point. You can add to elsewhere at the same time as adding to 'yours', and you will still get the point. This also to discourage some people who have added to their own area far too much for my own liking

Gem for anyone who reads all the OOCs. Does anyone else find the text hard to read over the height layers? (Example: Fort Forista near Veskopes. (Never mind, that's the mountain layer.))

Next update Friday

13. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

37 points:

[7] 7 points: gift to merciary. I am sorry for your loss, fellow Secret Elite Controlling Council of EltNES Member. Everyone should be suspicious of him now, right?

[27] 20 points: Wonder: Obay Wall - The Obay Wall stretches from the Peaks of the Sun in the southeast all the way to the great arching mountains in the northwest. It shall hug the valleys and hills and act as an impenetrable wall against the Eddarians (those beyond it, at least), with gatehouses every hundred miles controlled by Obayonid soldiers. In game effect: Basically like any giant wall, except it doesn't cost huge amounts of money, and is awesome. Think Great Wall of China. Unimaginitive, I know, but it is a needed wonder for these people.

[31] 4 points: Fort (city walls) surrounding Mayal. STOP R A I D I N G US, Eddarians. Can't you take a hint?

[37] 6 points: 4 Lavran towns up the coast towards the Umiritsine League. Wanaku, Keoni Eddahrin, Onakani, Lekfereki

Poll: Who wants to begin the game after this turn?

14. Boundless

Boundless Deity

I think we should go into a normal game after this turn. (orders whenever I get a night off work this week)

15. Gem Hound

Gem Hound Deity

Too many points! O_o
    33 Points
    [10]10 Points - New Race
    Spoiler Kintara :
    Short Description: Intelligent man eating plants.
    General Location: Green area of the Cradle
    Visual Description: Giant Venus Flytrap
    Long Description: These plants normally form colonies of 8 to 20 plants. These plants can slowly move location over years and can survive winters. They communicate through electric impulses sent through roots connecting them. They are aware of their surroundings and anything that moves within 20 feet is instant food.

[17] 7 Points - New Religion:
    Spoiler Firism :
    Very militaristic religion. Their main goal is to convert all to their faith and those that won't convert are burned alive. Their only deity is nicknamed the Mistress of Fire - many reasons for this name, not going into them. Other faiths are seen as demon worshippers.

[22]5 Points - Barbarian Tribes: E7: The Kenefah. They are very barbaric and love raiding their neighbors. They flourish because of the cradle.
    [28]6 Points - Religion Spread: Spread Firism over E7, E8, F7.
    [33]5 Points - New city called Hiruma in H8

16. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

Boundless: Okay, whenever's fine.

Gem Hound: I'm going to need waay more information about everything you have just posted.

What are the flytraps called by the people who live near them? How is anyone within 20 feet instantly killed? Where do they even live? What is the 'cradle'? There's lots of green on the map.

Firism can't just be 'they worship this god and everyone else is wrong'..? Could you write on the Fire Mistress, any other theological or otherwise divine entities, myths, whatever in this religion? What I'd take from that is that they are stupid and gullible. :0 Info, info, info!

Again, please do NOT edit creation posts.

17. Gem Hound

Gem Hound Deity

As the creation post says, they are called Kintara.
    They feed by motion detection and are as I said, Giant plants. These plants, once they sense movement, attack that movement by moving water throughout it's stalk, head, and roots. Anything within 20 feet is essentially food because they are essentially around that tall.

They are spread out over the "cradle area" -> E6, E7, E8, E9, F7, F8 and F9 in the wilderness areas.

Now Firism, The Fire Mistress -> Historcial Perspective: The original idea came from a mad monk who compared women to fire. A new religion was created over centuries based on the mad monk's teachings.
    Religious Perspective: In the beginning there was darkness. The mistress was born from the darkness... yada yada yada((You know the general normal story.)) Compare to like religion in A Song of Ice and Fire just far more aggressive.

18. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

13 Points
    1 for Raids: Frustrated by Fort Forista, the Gurks turn northwards and found another bountiful, and thankfully unfortified valley. Carnage ensues, and perhaps even migration.
    1 for Raids: The Issith decide that the humans have gone too far in taking control of the Forista Pass. Once again, the Issith begun to raid the humans. Another consequence is that the Issith are becoming ever closer and more used to ruling as a council of Queen-Mothers meeting every once in a while, and sending either Spartan Issith Tribes or influential Males to lead armies.

F9: A new Cradle of Civilization appears at the Bay.
    1 City, 2 towns (7pts)
    The towns are on the capes above and below the bay. The City is on a small island surrounded by the river delta.
    Zanomar, the great Sweich City-The River is fertile and despite the many Issith locals the Sweich multiplied on the wheat, the swamps, and the sea. Zanomar is known especially that the city essentially overgrew ancient Issith huts, both over and under. An unexperienced urban explorer would not only find it cramped and dirty like other Sweich warrens, but also might suddenly stumble into an Issith village. Although most of teh Issith within the city live almost normally, seeing the Sweich as extremely plentiful food and sending out new princesses with guards nearly every season, other Issith tribes are building gangs of intimidated sweich and try to gain control against the sweich clans, who themselves are fighting for control.
    The northern town is a human town named Ganamir, and it's main business is to import wheat from Ranir to the north while fighting off Issith and Sweitch warbands. They have some influence in Zanomar, especially when making alliances with powerful Issith Gangs or Sweich Clans for protection in exchange for wheat shipments.
    The southern town, an Issith dominated town with Humans to take care of the docks and foreign businesses, is named Danaropes. They do the same as Ganamir, although with Samaki fish instead. However, Danaropes is also seeking to send colonies to the fertile jungles of the south, and already they have trained Princesses and guards for such an expedition.

4pts left, I might upgrade something into a city if I don't need to spend it to make my ideas work.

Note: Most of the Issith of Zanomar are almost the "Classic" Issith, while the Gangmaster Issith and the Danaropes Issith are the more diplomatic Issith of the Danateah kind.

19. TerrisH

TerrisH Mischief?

note: Glorifa is so far off from the position I stated I am curious how it got there. next to the wheat and fish in C4. not C5. meh, It will work there.
    also: how many points did I get in raids? a bit confused there.

30 points: TerrisH

20: place a wonder: the Great bridge of Gartino. A simple admazing feat of engenering, this ainchent structure spans the river Gartino from capitol Garlino on the east bank to it's sister town Garlino-nes on the west bank. this many mile long bridge is a wonder to behold for simply the scale of it. It would not likely have been posible to build it over such a distance if not for the rivers mostly shallow nature at it's mouth.
    It was simple stone structure, built upon giant stone blocks sunk into the shallow portions of the riverbed at regular intervals. on top of this lies a very smoothly paved stone road, wide enough for two wagons to pass without issue.
    7.5 points: 6 new towns.
    One in K6, on the southside of the river, just below the wheat. Name is Neh'shu. distant migration of the tribes to the north.
    one in C4-5, eather where Glorifia is now, or where it was suposed to be. Thornia
    two in C3, various locationg. humar, shorlin, and morthshal. will map positions since the rivers are confusing. not sure how to discribe where they are to go.
    4 points: bank untill I know how many points I got from raids. a bit confused there.

20. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

Gem Hound: Sorry, didn't see Kintara there, it is teeny text. They are very tall, so they can strike that far, gotcha. That wasn't clear to me.

I'm almost finished with the first book, and I know basically nothing about the religions. A hokey fire mistress creation myth, then? I guess I can settle for no details?

Poll: Do you want to begin the game after this turn? You don't have to, several people have requested it, and I am (obviously) taking a poll.

Terrance: Your additions always have delicious politics. Thank you. A great example for all :0

1: The second raid you are issuing is actually going to target yourself. The raid mechanic thinger is to steal points from a player - do you want to continue doing this, or do something else?

Actually, that's the only question I really have. These settlements are gonna have awesome factions :D

Poll: Do you want to begin the game after this turn? You don't have to, several people have requested it, and I am (obviously) taking a poll.

TerrisH:

1:
    I do what I'm told :0 do you want me to move it?

2: .. How di you get 7.5? 6 * 1.5 is 9 points. Also, you only named 5 towns anyhoo. Also if you end a turn with a fraction, you lose that fraction. As for how to describe the rivers, you could name them all :0 cougheveryoneshouldnamestufftheymakecough

3: You spent 2 for raids, and those raids yielded 1 point. Loss, not gain. 30 points is your total after all additions and subtractions mentioned in the update.

4: The towns your people in K6 are migrating from are Issith, if your naming scheme is any indication. Is that what you wanted? Just checking.