EltNES: THIS World is Yours

Doooooo itttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. It only takes *checks for himself* 1 point. You -have- to specify which settlement, though. It determines who you steal the points from. :)

This world needs some drama, or else I'll have to fabricate it come Tweaking time.

BANK POINTS plz

Update II:III or Update 14​

Link to ze map
Spoiler :

H4 - The Stymphok, a large and sentient race of flightless birds, have formed their first great nests - the Awik and the Akka. The massive hostile avian warriors are just one more of several completely hostile species on the as-yet unnamed southern continent. As they are openly hostile to the point of stupidity at times, not much is known of their customs or beliefs, other than that they almost revere the changing of the seasons.

D9 - Krutargga as said by human nomads - The Krutarg expanded north into the highlands. This region's Krutarg are the strongest of any - the metals they consume on occasion have made them strong, and given them protrusions - some would call them spikes - growing from places at seemingly random angles. A few instances of this has led to a Krutarg's death, due to spikes growing into their stomachs or up from their jaws and into their brains, but this has only furthered to the rumor that the Krutarg from this region are truly terrible to behold. It has also increased the amount of rejects sent outwards to live alone.

D10-D11 - The Mahaki people scratch out a living on the Maki river, the longer and colder of the two local major rivers. Each male chlid is born covered in cuts gained somehow in-utero, which heal quickly but badly. Each male adult appears the veteran and victor of a thousand battles - even if they are the greenest of green. This fear-factor has led to Mahaki supremacy over other local peoples, however inter-tribe warfare is still an issue. Each tribe is led by a chief during peacetime, but during warfare a Spokescouncil of the many clans within the tribe is called upon, and a war-leader is elected. The same, albeit on a larger scale, still applies against non-Mahako invaders.

Spoiler OOC :
Mod's Choice:

+4 merciary
+4 merciary
-2 Lord of Elves
-2 Terrance888

Totals: (Includes the above additions.)

+1 to everyone who didn't work 'their area' this turn. This will become a recurring bonus. An area becomes 'yours' after (I have noticed) you add to it over three turns. This includes Geography.

26 points: Terrance888 (no orders 1)
22 points: Boundless
16 points: merciary
16 points: Lord of Elves (no orders 1)
16 points: nutranurse (no orders 1)
13 points: Gem Hound
12 points: TerrisH
6 points: General Olaf
11 points: Eltain

OOCs

merciary: I am torn between saying that that will be the effect adding a Metal resource to a Krutarg unit will have, or saying Just Krutargs in the area have the spikes, and that applying metal effects them normally. What is your opinion?

All: From now on, two standard messeges I give each turn, which are basically rules:

1: If you do not name settlement you place within a turn of placing them, I either A: give the priviledge of doing so away to someone I think appropriate, or B: name them myself.

2: To encourage selfless world-building, each time you add to an area that is not considered (by me) to be 'yours', you get +1 point. You can add to elsewhere at the same time as adding to 'yours', and you will still get the point. This also to discourage some people who have added to their own area far too much for my own liking.

No thoughts on the map, so I shall assume it is to everyone's fancy.

Thanks to everyone who included their total points with orders, and everyone who banked rather than not do anything at all.

Next update Wednesday

6 points?

Guess I got the dud roll this turn. Bank 6 points.

I was generally thinking that the shells would just become tougher with iron streaking through it. Its not like they're eating nothing but iron its just mixed in.
Also I've appeared to be successful in my taunting of the Dice Gods.

okay.. let's get evil
1.5: Town build at river mouth at the corner of H-I/10-11
towns name is Horkin, inhabited by the Horkin tribe. Polynesian feel to the tribe. town is mostly supported by a large fishing fleet for food, and trades the fish for crops grown by smaller tribes inland along the river.
4.5: Migration of several Montholin herds. Recent increase in trade with the humans, and several lucrative deals with some farmers in the plains for the Tasty, non-grain parts of the human crops, has led to a population boom among them. the central-human centric tribes are growing larger and claiming more grazing land. the smaller herds are being pushed to the worse grounds, and eventual, a lot of them begin to leave the plains and follow their ancestors on their migrations to the south. eventual, new grazing ground is claimed in the D-4 area and just over the E-4 border after their way is blocked by some unknown tribes. (slightly more belligerent to human group. but not outright hostile) (if dose not leave herds at original location, disregard and bank)
1: okay.. RRAAAIIIDDDD!!! just to be evil.. let's see..
Botched interations with eddarian tribes in E6 and Mayal (E6-7 border) lead to incressed tension and several skirmishes. culminating in several tribes raiding and pillaging the countryside around Mayal.
1: another raid. nearby, the Gurks begin to engage in simple raids of vally to their south.
4: bank

NOTE: these orders are obsolete. new ones farther down.

Yeah, still can't do anything with 9 pts. Bank the extra 3 too.

I'm jumping on this boring bandwagon.

Total Points Spent: 16

Bank 16 points.

Time for my last bit with the Krutarg for now
19 points
10 points adding a new group of Krutarg in D-8
These Krutarg were forced out of the mountains and on to the plains, they are weaker than the average Krutarg but still stronger than a human. Their shells are also much weaker due to the lack of minerals on the plains. In fact their shells are completely composed of calcium (and other trace minerals) from the food they eat. This however is not enough to satisfy their needs for minerals and has caused them to be hyper-aggressive as there bodies are constantly telling them they need more minerals. These Krutarg will actively raid human camps for food (mainly the humans themselves) instead of only when the humans trespass.
Bank 9

General Olaf: Yes, only 6. The Dice Gods (being the random folk that they are) are punishing you for merciary's recent tauntings. Plead to them for penance and I will have a word with them.

Terrance88: I am sad that you are disappearing from my NES Terrance. Can I persuade you to just bank from now on, and come in and spend it all at once and make people angry? :)

TerrisH: All good, except I should warn you that 'migration' does not simply add more, it moves them around.

Gem Hound: Okaydoke.

nutranurse: When have you not been boring :mad: le Banked.

merciary: We can forget the spikes in all but the rarest of occasions (perhaps royalty of some kind? I like interferring) then, and the streaks shall be badges of powerful honor. Tribes of hyper-aggressive stone giants lusting to gorge on human flesh. Coo :0 Ari the Irilenic Town will suffer.

Orders: 11 points

11 points: Bank dat shiz.

Terrance: Sounds good BRO. Or maybe a wonder here or there. Whatever. Jus sayin.

nutranurse: I DO WHAT I WANT Edit: I did it in an interesting way, nyah.

merciary: Reading once again the description of the Krutarg (unfortunately the only description I have to refer back to over and over again - but that might be because it is a very good one.) it seems to me that they would settle towns. Would you min if I placed some? (That is not to say people are discouraged from adding what they want to influence other players' additions.)

Feel free to, I had planned on doing so at some point myself.

okay.. just a second..
Revised orders:
1.5: Town build at river mouth at the corner of H-I/10-11
towns name is Horkin, inhabited by the Horkin tribe. Polynesian feel to the tribe. town is mostly supported by a large fishing fleet for food, and trades the fish for crops grown by smaller tribes inland along the river.
1.5: another town down on the south coast of the delta in H7-8 border. know as Mook. relatively primitive people. while surviving on farming and fishing from the river, their primary claim to fame is using human wave tactics to raid nearby villages.
1: okay.. RRAAAIIIDDDD!!! just to be evil.. let's see..
Botched interations with eddarian tribes in E6 and Mayal (E6-7 border) lead to incressed tension and several skirmishes. culminating in several tribes raiding and pillaging the countryside around Mayal.
1: another raid. nearby, the Gurks begin to engage in simple raids of vally to their south.
7: bank.

removed the migration bit from the orders.
what exactly dose it cost to spread/expand the barbarian races? if it's the full cost of creating one, it's not really worth the points to do so.

Top Bottom