EltNES: THIS World is Yours

Gem Hound: Sorry, didn't see Kintara there, it is teeny text. They are very tall, so they can strike that far, gotcha. That wasn't clear to me.

I'm almost finished with the first book, and I know basically nothing about the religions. A hokey fire mistress creation myth, then? I guess I can settle for no details?
I'm done 3/4 of the 5th book. You'll see what i mean when Mellisandre and Rh'llor(spelling?) come. You would love book two. It's my favorite so far. The other books are sort of the after shocks of book 2 so far.
It is called the Clash of Kings for a Reason. :devil:
Book three was sad though. :(
I vote that we should start!

22 points
20 points: Add 4 large cities: The Quatriut
Four cities, each huge in population and in economy, lie along the coast of the (E9, 10, 11) Tempest Coast (named for its stormy weather). The inhabitants of these four cities - called the Quatriut after the number of their cities) - are avid merchants. Their sturdy, seaworthy ships sail the coasts of the world trading with other peoples, and as a result within their cities can be found most of the luxuries of earth.
2 points - add religion spread to the Quatriut - Coentak
The Quatriut merchant people have travelled to the furthest corners of the world, and experienced every culture. Coentak, the religion of the Kyk islands, appealed to them the most and spread rapidly through the diverse Quatriut nation.

EDIT: I vote we don't start. There are only two world wonders so far! :p

EDIT 2: City names: Usial, Dona, Trensor, Quarsi

okay.. capitiol misplaced due to a typo. ment C4. meh. It works where it is now. not going to ask to move it since I'm the one who made a mistake.

and math comes out at 6 points for the towns.. re-wrote the orders 3 times. first with 6 towns, then 5. then 4. going back to the 5. eh.. hold on..

30 points: TerrisH

20: place a wonder: the Great bridge of Gartino. A simple admazing feat of engenering, this ainchent structure spans the river Gartino from capitol Garlino on the east bank to it's sister town Garlino-nes on the west bank. this many mile long bridge is a wonder to behold for simply the scale of it. It would not likely have been posible to build it over such a distance if not for the rivers mostly shallow nature at it's mouth.
It was simple stone structure, built upon giant stone blocks sunk into the shallow portions of the riverbed at regular intervals. on top of this lies a very smoothly paved stone road, wide enough for two wagons to pass without issue.
7.5 points: 5 new towns.
One in K6, on the southside of the river, just below the wheat. Name is Neh'shu. distant migration of the Issith.
one in C4,where Glorifia was supposed to be. Thornia
three in C3, various locationg. humar, shorlin morthlin. will map positions since the rivers are confusing. not sure how to discribe where they are to go.
.5: donated to the first person who grabs it.
2 points: bank to be spent later this turn. once I research/reread the thread a bit.

yes, I'm voteing for the start this turn. majority of stuff is placed. only copying my orders wholesale to avoid the whole un-edited rule for the wonder.

Terrance: The capes/whole area upon which you want your new settlements placed are on high dover-like cliffs, if you recall. I also picture the river carving a giant U-shaped thing like Niagara Falls. Only reason I mention is cause the port that would get fish from Samaki would have a hard time at it. Wanna change at all?

Oh that is true, doh. Carry on.

28 Points:

Bank 28 points (I need at least 40 for my plans).

I'm super cool.

Fear me baby. That's a sweet comic. :0

I would request(demand) no revisions at this time.

I am trying to find just the right time-span for each of the proper NES turns.

Initially I was aiming for 13 years each, but that would make it a bit difficult to flesh out any characters you wanted to have.

I am thinking about between 4-7 years. What are people's thoughts on the subject, if any? 4 years would allow for better management of any military campaigns you wanted to initiate, but I think I would feel as though the NES were dragging and not getting anywhere. Ohhh my gosh 6 whole turns in and only 24 years have passed whiine.

5 years seems like a nice round number. You could always use BTs if not much is happening.

5 Years an BT's.

Orders incoming.

33 Points

4 points - Capture Settlement.
4 points - Invasion
4 points - add City (Kalafereki grows)
12 points - 8 Towns (A much greater spread as the Water Birds search out new trade locations)

Next to Yer Kaulic a trade town is begun in slaves with the humans there. We seek both birds and the rat people. Criminal humans too. The money is good. The Water Bird supply the continent with new weaponry which makes the rats vulnerable for the first time and they are rounded up and shipped off in large numbers.

I have used points this turn to capture the Issith town of Djui. While ferrocious, the Issith are beasts, they are stupid beasts with no rational society. They are violent to each other, but are easily cowed by man who exploits them. A Queen is captured and only given back in exchange for a slave trade being set up.

My vote is to now move to the real game. If we DO, use my remaining points to grow the towns I placed last turn. If we decide to carry on, BANK.

Orders 18 points (thanks my fellow Secret Elite Controlling Council member ;))
10 points expand the Krutarg to E-9, I'm not sure if I've done this yet
6 points: four villages one Ogre village called Kur'Kush in D-8 between the mountains and the ocean in the southern part, this should be more of a raiding camp/market/fort than an actual village. Another village should be a Krutargga village in D-9 near the iron called Sil'Tor and should be a more typical village. A Krutarg village in E-9 called Swi'Woh in between the ocean and the mountain. The last one should be another Orge raiding camp in D-8 but this time in the north, called Emt'Can.

Bank 2

I'm officially running out of ideas and for the passing of turns I vote for a combination on normal turns and Boring turns.

If we are moving to the 'real' game then I will not be able to carry out my nefarious plans :C

Orders here soon, I swear.

1: Gartino (great river). from here Gartino flows, growing as the other rivers join it.
2: Hurtino (grain river). knows for the fields of grain and the farms that line it.
3: Jeshtino (river of pines). known for the many pine trees that line it's banks.
4: Behntino (silt river). second in size to Gartino, a lot of silt flows down it, leading to being mostly brown when it enters Gartino.
5: Krirstino (reversed river). only one of the rivers to flow north, known for strange plants growing along it's banks.
6: Lronitino (last river). the last of the rivers to join the Gartino river.

A: Thornia. the location where the Glorifia was originally to be.
B: Morthshal. almost half it's population is Morthlin, leading to is be much much larger then a pure human town of similar population would be.
C: Shorlin. founded between the rivers Jeshtino and Behntino.
D: Humar. founded to take advantage of the nearby wheat. major source of food for the cities further south.

might add more to the map later. or next turn. a

and I forgot to label the other rivers. ah well.

Attachments

• citymap.png
    citymap.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 109
My modem broke. Comments tomorrow, then unto the breach!

Top Bottom