1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

EltNES: THIS World is Yours

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Eltain, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

@ Moldath: Play Dwarf Fortress to find out.

@ Eltain: Roflol at the bad roll. Oh well. Bank it. Maybe I'll get interest(ed).

2. Eltain

Eltain Chieftain

TerrisH: Well thank you. It took quite a few tries to get it to look good(TM).

On your new orders: During my initial read-through I had some questions, but my second time I actually do not have any! I may have read it backwards before.. But I like it. Seems to have a well-thought out feel.

Moldath: I'm gonna guess that you can take some liberties if you want. You can either transform existing mountains into volcanoes or just treat it like a 'mountain' payment, with a few volcanic hotspots here and there. Describe however you want. Where were you thinking?

Terrance: Ahahahaha it i so true. Alright, banked, I am sorry to see a good contributor shortchanged.

All: So far no feedback on the time of the next update, so unless there is strong opinion to the contrary I am going to say Saturday. Edit: Obviously if everyone gets their stuff in early again I will update earlier.

3. Moldath

Moldath Chieftain

@Terrance: I do not think magma-powered industry will be an option. But then again... :mischief:

@Eltain: On second thought, I think I will do something else. For record though, perhaps the 'volcano' should be more or less plate boundries, and volcanism like the Ring of Fire.

Is this map a section of a world, or a map of the world? If the entire world, I think the oceanic currents will cause havoc - the ocean around B7 looks like it will be quite frigid.

4. Eltain

Eltain Chieftain

Moldath: Reluctantly, the whole world. I am teetering between leaving climates the way they are, and tweaking them. They weren't exactly determined scientifically after the landmasses were known, but then again I do want it to be a player-created world, and the game itself won't be exactly 'scientific', anyway.

Thoughts, anyone?

5. TerrisH

TerrisH Mischief?

Hey, I got a tropical Island that's the perfect place for one.

6. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

I am in support of tweaking climates. don't feel strongly about what climate my region is, though others might.

7. Gem Hound

Gem Hound Mercenary

I'm also in support of tweaking climates though mine is close enough to be called accurate if we remove the Antarctic and Arctic circles.

8. merciary

merciary No idea what I'm doing

I support tweaking the climates.

9. Boundless

Boundless Chieftain

I support tweaking climates also, i am just enjoying shaping the world

10. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

Go on and tweak the climates. I'm not too worried. :)

11. Optical

Sorry, I meant the square to the southwest, whichever one that is.

12. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

I'm fine with you tweaking the climates, but I still want the general sense of the mood I'm going for.

13. merciary

merciary No idea what I'm doing

Orders:
    Well because I want more places unconnected to the Pangaea we seem to be making:
    Extend the archipelago and be extension the ocean into G 10 and 11 (8 points)
    Bank 1 point

14. Eltain

Eltain Chieftain

I could be president with this much support. Climates will be tweaked in the in-between civilization and geological era. Don't worry, I won't just wipe away what people have spent a long time developping.

merciary: Check. I don't like the pangaea either. I'm gonna punish people with earthquakes. :0

Orders: 16 points

1 point: B8-B9: Continental climate.

3 points: C10. Dot with hills.

4 points: C10-D11: Continental climate.

8 points: bank.

15. Moldath

Moldath Chieftain

I will hold off for a few turns before placing a volcano - I want to see how the world forms a little more (and by volcano, I think it should be more of a hotspot line/circle). Until then:

4 points: water in and around the will-be island in G5 - separate Pangaea!
    16 points: bank

16. Eltain

Eltain Chieftain

Update I:VI

Link to ze map
    Spoiler :

B1-D2 - The spine ends in a blazing glory here, in the far northwest of the world where it peters into hills and then eventually a small peninsula and then nothing. The end of an era of construction.

A1-D11 - As a chain of hills erupts from the ground in the south, separating two massive biomes from eachother by a hair's length, yet more rain has surged the rivers already there to near-legendary size.

G5 - Gradual erosion of the central landbridge would take eons; a torrential downpour has swept away parts of the peninsula, creating an island and uniting the seas through narrow corridors.

G10-G11 - The archipelago of the east may now be referred to as the Archipelagoes more correctly. A second island chain has been added, branching off of the small peninsula in the south.

I5-I6 - A peninsula rose from the seas, probably the ancient forgotten ocean-mountains from the hills in the northeast and the southwest.

Spoiler OOC :
    Mod's Choice:

+1 Moldath
    +1 General Olaf

Totals: (Includes the above additions)

22 points: Moldath
    22 points: Boundless (no orders 1)
    14 points: Lord of Elves (no orders 1)
    6 points: merciary
    6 points: Gem Hound
    6 points: General Olaf
    6 points: TerrisH
    6 points: Terrance888
    12 points: Eltain

OOCs

Nothing to say nothing to do

COME ON DOWNNNNNNNN

Next update Wednesday

17. TerrisH

TerrisH Mischief?

Okay.
    2 points: Fish between the large island and the mainland in D3
    2 points: Stock the lake in C4 with Trout.
    rest is banked.

Question: would gold be counted as a metal, or is it special enough to deserve it's own Icon?

18. Gem Hound

Gem Hound Mercenary

6 Points
    A9
    5 Points: Mountains(hills to North East corner)

1 Point to the bank.
    ((Can I get a tiny boost of points next turn because I seem to be the only person interested in up here and it is going painstakingly slow. Like just a boost up to ten if it's below ten so I can put mountains in two squares at least? Note: Squares in column 12 will have some ocean on the East side but in A12, it will only be in the Southeast. in them with mountains on the coast))

19. Optical

4 points: water in all of H7
    2 points: bank

Because we need some ocean.

20. TerrisH

TerrisH Mischief?

I just finished up with the area I was working in gem hound. I'll start putting some stuff in near you next turn.