Elvaan (or Elven) Settler (08 Jan 06)

I take it that nobody likes the latest version?

I used the same exact scale I use for all my other humanoid units.

She is, however, wearing 4-inch heels.... (seriously, look really close or take a good look at the large pedia icon).

Aye, and them heels are what I don`t like about it. Its` not very settler-ish, since accoring to my female friends, high heels are not egzactly comfortable.. And they make the unit look too tall. You know how non-PDM/F units already look tall..

I like everything else about it, tho :)

Aye, and them heels are what I don`t like about it. Its` not very settler-ish, since accoring to my female friends, high heels are not egzactly comfortable..

Well, Elves and Elvaan are very light on their feet, so it probably wouldn't make much difference to them....

Whatever..... The unit sucks anyways, and no amount of revisions I make can completely eliminate the suckiness of it. The truth is that my Settler animations are all set up for units wearing high-heeled shoes, and I'm just too busy/lazy to change it (plus I thought she looked cuter that way), but meh, who cares.

Actually, I think it suits the Elvaan perfectly. It's exactly how they are- tall, graceful, and the outfit is perfectly fitting. I see nothing wrong with it at all, it's a very nicely modeled and animated unit- one I would be proud of making myself. But then, to each their own.

Yeah, well, after I logged off last night one other thing occurred to me:

When, I ask WHEN, in the entire history of the Final Fantasy series has practicality EVER been a primary consideration when designing the outfits of any of the female charahcters? :lol:

I mean in FF III we have Princess Sara, who is wearing plate-armor leotard (a style also used by General Beatrix in FF IX). Then in IV we have Rosa, who is wearing a plain leotard. In VI, Terra is wearing heeled boots with a mini-skirt, and Celes is wearing a variant of the classic fantasy Plate bikini. In VII, Aeris is wearing hiking boots, but with a rather tight dress, which kind of defeats the purpose.... Yuffies short-shorts and sleeveless turtleneck as well as Tifa's halter-top and mini skirt combo don't bear mentioning.

VII was about the only game in the series where the female charachters didn't dress like total ho-bags, but with X-2, the Mithra in XI, and XII (espeically the Viera).......

Well, you get my point.

Top Bottom