Enable Civ 6 Mods for MAC

EarlFanning

Chieftain
There was a fantastic script for Civ5 called "ENABLE STEAM MODS" Has anyone/could anyone get to work on reviving this for Civ6?

I am frantic to have access to mods.

Perhaps someone could make a new, consolidated Civ6 version of the forum page called
Installing Mods on Civ5 for Mac

Asking for a friend

Mods are enabled already in Mac Civ 6.

Auto-installation of mods from Steam is not yet available on Windows, either.

just download the mods here in the forums and copy them into your mods folder in Library/Application Support/Civilization VI
Next time you start the game, click on "additional content" or whatever it's called in the main menu and tick the box for the mods you want to activate.

Have been playing on my iMac with Mods since right after the game came out. A few of the 'PC' Mods don't work on my Mac for some reason, but most work fine and are a huge improvement over the basic game. After a week with the following:
Civ 6 Improvements Patch
Divine Yuri's City Panel
cqui
- I can't imagine going back to the basic game until they Patch some of these Mods into it!

I've just started playing the game (AppStore version) but I cannot find the folder in my machine, I've lookup in /Library/Application Support and also /User/{MyUser}/Application Support but there is no Civilisation VI folder. Any idea?

Thanks a lot, it is located at:
~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.civ6.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Mods

I put the mods in my mods folder, but they still don't show up in the additional content tab.

Did you extract each mod to create a folder to put into the Mods folder? You can't just put the single compressed file there.

which mods did you try to install? I remember one or two that are automatically activated (and can't be deactivated since they don't show up in the additional content menu).

I haven't tried the Improvements Patch. The other two are working for me and I can see them in the additional contents menu.
Do you have the App Store version or the Steam version? That might make a difference, I don't know.

I'm having issues too, I have the Steam version installed on my mac and I have located the Civ6 directory to be "~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization VI", there was no Mods folder, so I created one and added in the AI+ (https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/ai.25439/) mod into the folder (extracted).

Not quite sure where to see the mod in game, I don't see anything at the configuration menu prior to starting the game, or from inside the game either.

Thanks for any help

ahhh, I didn't see that there was also a "~/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization VI" directory, with a "Mods" folder, and yes I installed with steam. I see the mods now in the "Additional Content" from the game menu. Thanks!

I am pulling my hair out on this one. I save all of my Steam game local files on an external hard drive (it took me some time and delicacy to get this working, but it's been working without a problem for almost a year now). However, I can't get the Civ6 mods to show up on the menu. I have tried loading them in an Application Support file that resides near the folder on my external hard drive where my local game files are stored. No luck. I've tried to put them in the regular library/Application Support folders on my computers internal hard drive. Again, no luck. I've searched to find other library folders in case I inadvertently saved files somewhere I didn't intend. No luck.

I'm feeling very deprived at not being able to enjoy some of the awesome Mods out there that seem poised to address some of the weaknesses of Civ6. Anyone have any ideas for me?

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you have your Steam local files saved on an external drive.

If you select 'Go'->'Go to folder' in the Finder menus, and type '~/Library' that will take you to the personal library folder that contains Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization IV/Mods/. That is where you should place your unpacked mod folders.

"It doesn't work for Mac users"

That's a comment I got for my Jedi mod. Given that mods are just text and graphics I was a little surprised. I don't have a Mac to test it on myself. I looked for references to Mac on these forums, without luck. Then I found this thread through Google (odd that it didn't show up in the forum search).

As the mod designer is there anything I should be doing beyond what I do to make it work on a PC?

Does anyone know any more about this issue?

I agree, it seems unlikely. As far as I know, mod designers for Civ6 don't have any Windows-specific features to call on, such as the customDLL capability in Civ4/5.

I'm currently up to my ears in UK local and national election activities, but I'll take a look at it in the next few days.

Do you know how it failed for that user? There doesn't seem to be any detail in the Cabello's comment on your mod page in the Steam Workshop.

I've Subscribed to Jedi in the Steam Civ6 Workshop on my Mac, and it has appeared in my ~/Library/Steam/SteamApps/workshop folder. I launched Civ6 and checked in Additional Content, and it shows up there as Enabled. I selected Single Player from the Main Menu and clicked Create Game. I selected Lexindri as the Leader and clicked Start Game. After the usual delay, the game loaded and I was able to play.

Here is a screen image during the first turn. I can't see anything wrong?

Jedi Start.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom