Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

Is there a way to open the "Advisor Counsel" screen? I couldn't reach it using the EUI.

City without Pantheon or Religion doesn't show religion pressure and number of followers when mouse over on.

Does anybody know how I can fix this? When I start a new game and mouse over the science bar I get the tooltip "stuck," reloading the game seems to fix this when switching menus. I'm using NQMod and followed the instructions to make it "compatible."

Hi,

I suffered this identical issue and it drove me crazy for a long time before I discovered a cure. The tooltip bar is indeed stuck on the science info. If you cursor over the culture stats (top left) in the info bar, it will unstick and display properly again. No reboot needed. :) I don't use nqmod, but this works for me.

BC1,

Thank you very much for this addon, I appreciate all the work and you making it freely available. ^5 (That's a high five)

I played with the beta a few games ago, but didn't give it a thorough workout. I was mostly trying to isolate a problem with (what you have addressed in beta 27) the amount of time it was taking to auto-cycle through units. I mostly play huge map, six civs, 24 city states, so 30 or 40 cities is typical for me by turn 250, sometimes more. Being a dedicated war monger, the time it would take to cycle through 40 stealth bombers was making the game unplayable for me. I am going to install the beta27 now and start a new game, euib27 only and give it a go.

One thing I will either have to grow accustomed to, (or you might consider making a toggle) is displaying the red firing range indicator. It seems a bit too much for me, but I accept that it may take me a game or two to adapt. I'll post back if I run across anything significant.

Thanks again for the cool util.

Hello!
First of all, thank you very much for your great work. Loving EUI so far!
Unfortunately I encountered a bug today that seems to be connected to EUI rather than the new update.

I can't load any savegames anymore. This occurs when EUI is installed. If I uninstall it, loading savegames works fine (the load button appears). If I use EUI then there is no load button and I can't load savegames via double click either.
I'm playing Civilization V in German so maybe players with an English interface don't have that problem. I cleared the cache before installing the Beta27 and I removed the old folder before placing the new one.

Is there any fix for this? :)

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 175
I can't load any savegames anymore
Without an lua.log, I can only speculate problem is due to an incorrect installation. Make sure to follow the instructions, especially the destination folder and deletion of any previous version. It may also be a conflict with a third party modpack, especially a DLC-like one. You can also try deleting the FrontEnd folder from UI_bc1.
Cheers

Thank you for your reply. :)
I enabled logging and attached my lua.log file to my previous post. I managed to load a single player game by double clicking it, however, that doesn't work for my multiplayer games. I recorded a video to show the issue a little better:

I think I did the whole installation progress correctly. I deleted the contents of the cache folder, deleted the old UI_bc1 folder, put the new one into the same directory "...\Assets\DLC\", removed the two xml files in "My Games\...\Text\" and placed the two new ones there.

I will try to delete (or rename) the frontend folder now like you suggested and see if that works. :)

EDIT: If I delete the FrontEnd foldier it works and I can still make use of the EUI features ingame. Good workaround. :)

Last edited:
I did not realize you were attempting to load a multiplayer game
I don't have any such saves on hand, so I can't test this part, but it needs to be fixed: can you help debug ?
As a first step, could you please restore the FrontEnd folder, and only delete the LoadMenu.lua & LoadMenu.xml files, check if that works ?

As a first step, could you please restore the FrontEnd folder, and only delete the LoadMenu.lua & LoadMenu.xml files, check if that works ?
Yes, this works. From the main menu I can now load single player games and from the multiplayer --> internet lobby I can load my multiplayer games. :)

A small bug (see in the picture): The popup text does not show who is the winner. (I can see which civ succeded if I check in the Notification Log).
upload_2018-11-22_23-14-29.png

Hello, I'm just reading about this mod and let me say that this is some really amazing work, thank you very much for making a great game even better! :)

I just have one question, is there some way to make notes in game or mark pins/labels in the map with your mod?

Yap that's it, thank you!

I was just wandering if as EUI has so much quality of life improvements to the game, if this could be one of them, or if I have to install an additional mod for that.

Top Bottom